Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Game of Thrones
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/31/2013 10:39 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/31/2013 10:39 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

McLean

Joined Forum: 09/19/2012

Just a reminder:

GOT Season 3 Premier

9 PM Tonite 3.31.13

HBO

-------------------------

"

04/01/2013 05:34 AM

Lib4life

Joined Forum: 07/12/2012

Everyone dies.

Well, not everyone but a few major characters do
He needs to hurry up and finish the 6th book already. He's not getting any younger.
 04/01/2013 11:51 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Pagerow

Joined Forum: 12/22/2005

I don't watch the show, but I thought it was supposed to be somewhat historically accurate... but now I see that they have dragons flying around? WTH?!

GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
 04/02/2013 05:59 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Based on the hype, I watched the first episode of the first season. wowza.....May have to go on vacation to catch up.

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 04/02/2013 06:01 AM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

Originally posted by: Pagerow I don't watch the show, but I thought it was supposed to be somewhat historically accurate... but now I see that they have dragons flying around? WTH?!

You are confusing Game of Thrones with something else. It is mostly accurate based on the best selling Fantasy Novels by George R.R. Martin. The key there is 'Fantasy'. There is nothing historical about it.... lol.

Considering it is:

a. on HBO

b. Went up against the season 3 finale of The Walking dead

...it did pretty good with the ratings Sunday night. As far as HBO series goes, it currently is the third most watched HBO series of all time... with much room to grow.

04/02/2013 06:59 AM

Pagerow

Originally posted by: miker

Originally posted by: Pagerow I don't watch the show, but I thought it was supposed to be somewhat historically accurate... but now I see that they have dragons flying around? WTH?!

You are confusing Game of Thrones with something else. It is mostly accurate based on the best selling Fantasy Novels by George R.R. Martin. The key there is 'Fantasy'. There is nothing historical about it.... lol.

Oh, that explains a LOT. I had no idea it was based on novels. Thanks...

GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
 04/02/2013 10:46 AM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

The books are awesome by the way.... well worth the read.

04/02/2013 02:30 PM

McLean

And it's got nudity (not that there's anything wrong with that).

"

04/02/2013 02:33 PM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

yep^^^^ I think that is the scene that got me interested..

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 04/06/2013 12:24 PM

McLean

From The Hottest Women of The Game of Thrones

CAUTION: Semi-nude images

CHARACTER: Exiled princess Daenerys Targaryen, or Dany as she is also known, is one of the last surviving members of House Targaryen, the former rulers of Westeros. The only daughter of King Aerys II Targaryen, she married Kahl Drogo and becomes Khaleesi (Queen) of his tribe, the Dothraki.

BACKGROUND: English actress Emilia Clarke trained at the Drama Centre London before taking on small roles in commercials, on television and in the 2010 SyFy movie "Triassic Attack." In 2011, Clarke joined "Game of Thrones" and has since won an EWwy Award as the Best Supporting Actress in a Drama for her work.

The Many Faces of Emilia Clarke

"

04/06/2013 05:04 PM

bob3000

Joined Forum: 07/13/2004

i temporarily take back a few of the not so flattering things i've said about you , McSpam.

Water dissolving...and water removing
There is water at the bottom of the ocean
 05/09/2019 01:06 PM

Pagerow

Reviving and OLD thread with this meme:

GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project

Edited: 05/09/2019 at 01:07 PM by Pagerow

Luke_vs_ GOT.jpg
Luke_vs_ GOT.jpg  (244 KB)
 05/09/2019 08:19 PM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

05/20/2019 12:28 PM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Season and series finale left it different than it started. I thought that the whole idea of power's corrupting influence played out in everyone except Dany, until the second to last episode where she murdered king's landing. That was either rushed or inconsistent. Putting together the pieces from there was choppy and rushed too.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

05/20/2019 12:58 PM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Ummmm, , , , this was on TV? I thought it was a vid game.

Dora Hates You
 05/20/2019 04:53 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Lacking luster in my opinion.

The Ice King was the high point.

I was right.
 05/21/2019 06:23 AM

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

ruined an epic show by trying to cram too much into 6 episodes. writing sucked. characters not true to story lines. felt rushed. guess show writers couldnt handle finishing without source material from grrm
 05/26/2019 05:51 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: RiddleMe

ruined an epic show by trying to cram too much into 6 episodes. writing sucked. characters not true to story lines. felt rushed. guess show writers couldnt handle finishing without source material from grrm

The characters were exactly like their story lines. Name one character that was not motivated by their backstory in the end. It was just all rushed is all.
 05/27/2019 05:26 AM

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

had a hard time with dani and jon. can sort of see how they could possibly get there, but with the cliff note writing instead of full arc, it was out of character to me. so many other issues with the season for me as well. which sucks personally, was such a fanboy. read books 4x through cept for blood and fire cause it was more a history book than novel. watched series 3x through save for this season, only 2x through for it. hopefully grrm finishes writing before he dies and we have the books to look forward to
 05/27/2019 12:47 PM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: RiddleMe

had a hard time with dani and jon. can sort of see how they could possibly get there, but with the cliff note writing instead of full arc, it was out of character to me. so many other issues with the season for me as well. which sucks personally, was such a fanboy. read books 4x through cept for blood and fire cause it was more a history book than novel. watched series 3x through save for this season, only 2x through for it. hopefully grrm finishes writing before he dies and we have the books to look forward to

Spoilers ahead....

I have not read the books so I only know what I saw. Daughter of Mad King goes bat shit crazy on civilians, go figure. She always had that triggered look going, always clinching her teeth. Was just a matter of time before she snapped, surprised it didn't happen earlier. Then a righteous and just dude that grew up watching his righteous and just dad behead criminals his whole life (first episode foreshadowing) decides to do the right thing and kill the crazy bird. He runs off with his wolf to the land that his true love was from. Seemed just about right to me. I must be missing info.
FORUMS : NPNR : Game of Thrones

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .