Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Outdoor Storage
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/17/2018 02:56 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/17/2018 02:56 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Pete5

Joined Forum: 01/17/2018

Hi all,

I have the opportunity to buy a cheap second hand SUP. I am keen on buying one second hand to try out and maybe upgrade later.

Unfortunately my storage options are extremely limited and the only place I have to store the board is in my back garden (exposed to sunlight and rain).

I was thinking of trying to buy a sturdy bag and some sort of rack that I can hang on my fence. Hopefully this bag will protect it from the rain and sun a bit. Unfortunately this is my only storage option.

I am very curious to hear anyone's opinion on my plan, perhaps the SUP life is just not for me just yet.

Many thanks in advance for any helpful comments.

01/18/2018 12:44 PM

all3

Joined Forum: 12/28/2011

My SUPs are all Jimmy Lewis boards but there is something in the epoxy that protects against sunlight. I have some that have been leaning against my shed outside for over 5 years and they still are good, can't tell the difference between the side exposed and the down side. They do get sunlight but mostly shaded. The board I use I keep on my car rack pretty much 24/7 for the last 2 years. No Problem.

-------------------------
"I remember South Africa in the late 70's, sleeping on the beach at J-bay, smoking ganja with the blacks. On weekends we'd go to the pub in East London to drink beer and fight with the Afrikaners. They liked to fight, I liked to fight. It was a good time"
 03/21/2018 12:55 AM

palerider

Joined Forum: 03/09/2005

Storesyourboards.com or build a storage area Out of pt or vinyl.

-------------------------
Style is what you make it!

Edited: 04/19/2018 at 03:03 AM by palerider
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .