Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: On this day in '85,
Topic Summary: Was another Friday the 13th
Created On: 09/13/2019 09:37 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 On this day in '85,   - SlimyBritches - 09/13/2019 09:37 AM  
 On this day in '85,   - SlimyBritches - 09/13/2019 10:00 AM  
 On this day in '85,   - johnnyboy - 09/13/2019 10:19 AM  
 On this day in '85,   - SlimyBritches - 09/13/2019 10:33 AM  
 On this day in '85,   - WaveHog - 09/13/2019 01:53 PM  
 On this day in '85,   - SlimyBritches - 09/13/2019 02:05 PM  
 On this day in '85,   - LBLarry - 09/13/2019 02:46 PM  
 On this day in '85,   - SlimyBritches - 09/13/2019 03:05 PM  
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/13/2019 09:37 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

On this day in '85 was another Friday 13. And there were waves.
God didn't want me out and he did his best to keep me out. BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I just got my first custom thruster, and haven't gotten to use it.
I was working for a local grocery chain doing their refrig. Gloria wasn't formed yet but the surf report said waves (finally after a dry summer).
My stores were scattered through VA into NC, I stop at each one to check temps then move on.
My last stop was across the river in Portsmouth. I checked temps then asked the manager if there were any problems. He was hounding a young cashier and waved me off.
So I left, got home in record time, got my gear by the door and waited for the wifey to bring the truck.
MEANWHILE, I get a call from the last manager who just remembered a problem in the store an hour away at that time of day.
I told him tomorrow, and continued waiting. finally Mona returned,I got the truck loaded and got on the interstate. Which was dead stopped half mile away.
I ran down the side to the next exit, took the secret shortcut, I shoulda taken, and got to the beach in record time. Got to the top of the dune and saw my buddy B.H. Huggins, floating in lake Atlantic.
He was waving me out, but I didn't see anything for the longest time, So I decided to leave and do that job. As I went down the dune I looked back and saw him drop into a glassy head high wave.
I was out in a flash. It was too easy and too fun. The board floated me, caught the wave before it really broke and carved like no other board I've ridden.
My last wave was hollow, sucked me up and out and twisted me in a knot while I was giggling like a little school girl. That's when the fin hit me in the side of the foot cutting me.
I get to the ER, no one else there, so I was seen right away. Even tho I was the only one there, the guy did a crappy job cleaning it up and I got super infected after returning 3 times. They put me in the hospital and left me there to rot. 3 days later, I called the doc they assigned and said I was leaving. He showed up, cut off the bandage and I saw a black mass where the cut was. "What's that?" I asked. "Gangrene, but I'll get rid of that."
He took the scissors he cut the bandage, clamped it on my foot, and strain to cut it off. He finally filleted it off with a scalpel.
I had complained about the nurses because they wouldn't clean the place, left the dirty bandage container open at the foot of the bed. and I had flies buzzing me
One of them came in to give me one last IV. After it was empty, she came back in to get the needle out. She looked at my buddy and said "He doesn't feel like he was treated good here!" as she was removing the hepren lock IV needle assembly. She didn't bother removing the retaining tape, and try to pull it out so hard she looked like she was cranking up a lawn mower.
All she managed to remove was the plastic cap, so I started squirting my blood at her, like a lawn sprinkler, saying, "I'm sorry. I was wrong! You did a great job."
Then we left.

Edited: 09/13/2019 at 11:34 AM by SlimyBritches
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .