Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Are you kidding??? FRENCHIE gives another Stink Eye!
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/22/2014 07:14 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/22/2014 07:14 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

TRIPLEMARKER

Joined Forum: 10/31/2012

If you surf RC you know who this guy is.  He rides a yellow and pink longboard.   He owes me a lot of IOU's waves (4 from Saturday, and 1 from today).  Someone told me they call him FRENCHIE.   FRENCHIE, I plan to collect on my IOU's, don't be surprised.

04/22/2014 07:23 PM

FatSUPr

Joined Forum: 05/26/2011

Originally posted by: TRIPLEMARKER If you surf RC you know who this guy is.  He rides a yellow and pink longboard.   He owes me a lot of IOU's waves (4 from Saturday, and 1 from today).  Someone told me they call him FRENCHIE.   FRENCHIE, I plan to collect on my IOU's, don't be surprised.

Instead of posting about it, why not simply paddle 150 yards down the beach, and/or say something to him about it?

04/23/2014 03:41 AM

kreidel

Joined Forum: 08/27/2009

Originally posted by: TRIPLEMARKER

If you surf RC you know who this guy is.  He rides a yellow and pink longboard.   He owes me a lot of IOU's waves (4 from Saturday, and 1 from today).  Someone told me they call him FRENCHIE.   FRENCHIE, I plan to collect on my IOU's, don't be surprised.

-------------------------
 04/23/2014 03:43 AM

kreidel

Joined Forum: 08/27/2009

Originally posted by: TRIPLEMARKER

What are you talking about... you guys look great together.

Seriously though, do what FatSUPr said.

04/23/2014 04:49 AM

brandnewsurfstik

Joined Forum: 09/18/2006

Get your waves back bro.....collect a couple for me too...hate people who show no etiquette....why should we go down the beach...then he winsk

poopsuit
 04/23/2014 04:50 AM

bob3000

Joined Forum: 07/13/2004

no one owes anyone any waves. discuss,

Water dissolving...and water removing
There is water at the bottom of the ocean
 04/23/2014 05:02 AM

rc

Joined Forum: 01/02/2006

Go easy on him he is a really great guy and means no harm. Very smart engineer, too.

Agree with you Bob3000 ... nobody owns a wave and nobody owes anyone a wave. However, I do understand that looking both ways before dropping is always a plus.

Some people do not paddle as well as others and they don't have the ability to look back and make sure you're not dropping in on someone.

Edited: 04/23/2014 at 05:37 AM by rc
 04/23/2014 05:43 AM

surfsail

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

It me - Sorry I ended up taking off on you, or anyone else.

I don't take off on anyone intentionally if I think they are going to make it - Sometimes I'm way down the line and it's going to close out behind me.

When there is a lot of peaky stuff going on I may end up being on a peak & if I take off on you - or anyone else - just give me a shout & I'll cut out ASAP.

As soon as I realize someone is behind me I cut out as soon as it's safely possible.

When RC's is 'well attended' I see many people take off in front of others, and it happens to all of us - myself included.

There are NO white people at all in the Bible... take all the time you need with that...
Please stop feeding the trolls - they will go away if you do...
 04/23/2014 05:53 AM

Kahunaobx

Joined Forum: 04/20/2010

It's pretty funny they posted your picture as proof. But at least you were a gentlemen about it and apologized. At times and the heat of the moment not wanting to miss a good wave things happen. 

I lived on Patrick Air force base late 60's and attended Delaura Jr. High, surfed with Jim Tillman, Pete Peterson and Terry Anderson at pinic tables and Patrick pier. Where are you guys?  

04/23/2014 06:00 AM

Surfproducts.Com

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Paddle up to him next time and say this:

He bro I don't know if you saw me or not but you put me in a bad spot on that wave when you dropped in on me....

sometime people tell me I didn't think you were going to make it around that peak, which I do most of the time ;P

We are all trying to have fun out here

see what he does....

if hes an ass then you have to do what cha gotta do

or paddle down the beach with your tail behind you....

remember it's a lot less stressful to not be around crowds, but that's just the way it is now

http://www.Surfproducts.com
The Future of Surf Shopping
Or come visit
Cocoa Beach Surf & Skate
260 N. Orlando Ave.
 04/23/2014 06:05 AM

Buxurfn2

Joined Forum: 03/14/2008

TRIPLEMARKER.....I think you've come up for a new term for being cut-off

That dude just Frenched me!

Hey,  no Frenching out here!

Dude if you French me again.......

Hey man,  take your Frenching down the beach!

Watch out for the guy riding the big pink weeney....he's a Frencher

Man...I can't believe that guy just Frenched me!!

TRIPLEMARKER...being Frenched is surfing...most of the time its accidental but if that guy kept Frenching me,  well just saying.....Looks like you were having a good session

Nous defions

04/23/2014 06:10 AM

emmcey

Joined Forum: 09/20/2006

TRIPLEMARKER, you werent making that wave anyway
 04/23/2014 06:10 AM

Jose Cuervo

Joined Forum: 03/16/2006

Good luck collecting those IOU's!

04/23/2014 06:40 AM

dab

Joined Forum: 08/08/2003

(AKA WaveBank - Buy, Sell and Trade here)

Last night everyone including Richard was playing nicely. Except; Jamie ......

Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

04/23/2014 07:45 AM

Pablote

Joined Forum: 07/19/2009

bs- everyone here who gave that move any credence is just flat out wrong. and you RC, the 1 guy here that people will hear, you know better~ dude's just your buddy, an even good engineer intuitively knows what their left from their right is and quantitative distances, no. tell us if someone kept doing what your frenchie did to this dude, how would you have handled it. you goin down to the next peak, calmly ask guy whats up, or just let it happen because oh, dude might not paddle as well as others, might be a nice guy, or probably a great engineer who can't figure out dynamic distance. this is the worst broken ettiquette for any surfer on the planet('cept guys who like to fight) you DONOT take off on ANY wave someone else is on. if your on the shoulder or not, even if a guy (or gal) takes off and backdoors the peak you dont chandelier that lip -ONCE-. if they don't make it or kookit up somehow, thats it, that's all they get. You are required to know if someone is there 1st. assuming they're not gonna make it is not an explanation for taking off on anyone, unless your far enough down the line that before you takeoff, they've fallen, or unless they've 'proven' unable to surf it. To the snaker, paddle or wait your lazy ass into position. exactly how good waves become shitholes.      

from a reformed 60's/70's regulator now to old to standup straight-

04/23/2014 08:14 AM

theslasher

Joined Forum: 06/16/2008

Man thats the cut off of the year! I was going to post about it but not worth it!!  he is a real nice guy! BUT  thats surfing in fla NOW!! I think the older guys just don't give a crap anymore! I surfed a spot a few weeks ago that used to be regulated alot and guy's were cutting off people left and right!! it was crazy!! the guy on this wave prob got worked for that cut off!! if that was pr or Haw we would not be talking about this!!!!
 04/23/2014 08:42 AM

jeff kennedy

Joined Forum: 09/30/2004

That dude always burns people. Nice guy too! Have never understood his reasoning but he is hard to argue with because he speaks eloquently. lol He has definitely gotten me and many others. Not saying I have never done the same, he just does it more consistently.

www.happyponysurf.com
 04/23/2014 08:51 AM

rc

Joined Forum: 01/02/2006

The funniest thing is that I just checked the "scene of the crime" and Richard is out having a blast while we babble incessantly about him. No I don't like getting cut off either but can tell you he has given me way more waves than he has taken.
 04/23/2014 08:54 AM

dab

Joined Forum: 08/08/2003

RC - AKA "The WAVE LOAN SHARK".....

Originally posted by: rc The funniest thing is that I just checked the "scene of the crime" and Richard is out having a blast while we babble incessantly about him. No I don't like getting cut off either but can tell you he has given me way more waves than he has taken.

Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

04/23/2014 08:54 AM

Wedgefield

Joined Forum: 12/18/2003

from the pic... I say definitely a douche move but his apology seems sincere, maybe this "outing" will make him look twice next time. I'm no pro or no authority, but I def try to give enuf room, unless someone paddles out of there way to where I'm sitting... positioning has to mean something.
FORUMS : Surfing : Are you kidding??? FRENCHIE gives another Stink Ey...

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .