Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Eden Ahbez, the true "Nature Boy"
Topic Summary: Surf Rider
Created On: 03/01/2015 08:27 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/01/2015 08:27 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Lounge-A-Rama

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Surf Rider video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EOaO71nY9-U Sorry, tried several times to post in HTML via function bar at top. Surf Rider lyrics: Surf Rider The song of the sea is sweet to me The salt of the sea is sweet to me The weight of the sea is the way for me I comb the beach alone and free When the sun goes BOOM in the morning sky The surf goes BOOM and the waves are high Where do I want to be With the surf riders on the sea When the wind is warm and the sea is wild I will be Mother Nature's child Where do I want to be With the surf riders on the sea Surf Rider --- The really true story about "The Nature Boy"! Ahbez composed the song "Nature Boy," which became a No. 1 hit for eight weeks in 1948 for Nat "King" Cole and has since become a pop and jazz standard. Living a bucolic life from at least the 1940s, he traveled in sandals and wore shoulder-length hair and beard, and white robes. He camped out below the first L in the Hollywood Sign above Los Angeles and studied Oriental mysticism. He slept outdoors with his family and ate vegetables, fruits, and nuts. He claimed to live on three dollars per week. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eden_ahbez

-------------------------
Life is a garden*Dig it!

Edited: 03/01/2015 at 09:50 AM by Lounge-A-Rama
 03/01/2015 08:42 AM

Lounge-A-Rama

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Video of of him from 1948 says so at beginning anyway. With Nat King Cole & Pat Boone singing "Nature Boy"Nature Boy video : There was a boy A very strange, enchanted boy They say he wandered very far Very far, over land and sea A little shy and sad of eye But very wise was he And then one day, One magic day he passed my way While we spoke of many things Fools and Kings This he said to me: "The greatest thing you'll ever learn Is just to love and be loved in return". "The greatest thing you'll ever learn Is just to love and be loved in return". [Instrumental] "The greatest thing you'll ever learn Is just to love and be loved in return".

-------------------------
Life is a garden*Dig it!
 03/03/2015 02:19 PM

artz

Joined Forum: 10/30/2014

Spent some time yeasterday following the Trail back to the Roots of Nature Boy into per Christain Germatic Tribes and the Naturalist of around 1860's in Gremany and how it came to the US with German Imgration 

Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .