Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Big Wave FL Contest
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/04/2015 10:09 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/04/2015 10:09 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

SurferMic

Joined Forum: 06/30/2012

http://www.surfline.com/surf-news/salt-life-food-shack-offering-over-10000-in-cash-and-prizes-for-online-video-photo-contest-florida-big-wave-ch_131063/

I know Salt Life makes a ton of $ due to all the stickers, clothing, etc. reminds me of the Bad Boy Sticker craze back in the 90's.

Sponsering Big wave contest in FL is an oxymoron BUT....

Edited: 03/27/2018 at 06:32 AM by SurferMic
 09/04/2015 10:48 AM

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

Whoops my mistake. A video contest. Sounds cool.

-------------------------
Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

Edited: 09/04/2015 at 10:55 AM by daner
 09/04/2015 11:05 AM

Lounge-A-Rama

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

February 12th was good. No bueno?

Life is a garden*Dig it!
 09/04/2015 11:35 AM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

surfermic whats your issue? are you bummed or scared you cant take off on 6' closeouts to be in contention for the biggest wave, or upset that someone might win some cash in a cool event?

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 09/04/2015 11:37 AM

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

09/04/2015 12:13 PM

Joined Forum: 01/26/2005

everyone knows it's gunna come down to me and Beanrat...has anyone seen that guy anyway? Last I herd he was scoping out sum of Floriduhs outer reefs...

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.
 09/04/2015 12:34 PM

stokedpanda

09/04/2015 12:35 PM

SurferMic

Panda- Yes 6 foot is way over my head as I am only 3'10" tall.

Edited: 03/27/2018 at 06:32 AM by SurferMic
 09/04/2015 01:16 PM

stokedpanda

i agree they should, but since they are not dont tell the judges you are 3'10 and you have a good shot

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 09/05/2015 06:07 AM

BLat

Joined Forum: 10/28/2010

hurricane Sandy pumphouse wave

or some death defying air drop

into a square hurricane tube

and getting spit out in SoBe MIA

are the only two I would consider victorious of this contest.

Kinda weird to debut this during El Nino...

(Why dafuq do I have to type like this to avoid my message spilling over onto another imaginary monitor screen?)

09/05/2015 07:23 AM

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

Originally posted by: SurferMic http://www.surfline.com/surf-news/salt-life-food-shack-offering-over-10000-in-cash-and-prizes-for-online-video-photo-contest-florida-big-wave-ch_131063/

I know Salt Life makes a ton of $ due to all the stickers, clothing, etc. reminds me of the Bad Boy Sticker craze back in the 90's.

Sponsering Big wave contest in FL is an oxymoron BUT....

10K for the biggest wave?  suspect the winner will be 6 foot closeout or something that locals would call 2-3 anywhere else in the world.Who has any videos of headhigh drops from the last swell? Could be worth 5-10K.

LOL.....  Let's announce a Florida "Big Wave" contest (funny alone in itself), and limit it to a few month "hurricane" window during a super el Nino year.....

I do like the "Life's a Beach" reference.... same shit.

09/05/2015 10:36 AM

somebodyelse

Joined Forum: 06/29/2006

Since this is a Fla big wave contest, would a mural of a big wave count??? As long as the mural was in Florida and of a big wave and not photoshopped .. etc.. etc.. What are the rules ??? If you were being towed by a boat and got tubed by the underbrush and the camera perspective was just right that should count right?

09/05/2015 06:28 PM

TunnelVision

Joined Forum: 10/02/2003

Originally posted by: BLat hurricane Sandy pumphouse wave

or some death defying air drop

into a square hurricane tube

and getting spit out in SoBe MIA

are the only two I would consider victorious of this contest.

Kinda weird to debut this during El Nino...

(Why dafuq do I have to type like this to avoid my message spilling over onto another imaginary monitor screen?)

I know El Nino is always unforavable, but remember that Andrew was during an El Nino year.
 09/05/2015 07:27 PM

rc

Joined Forum: 01/02/2006

What is wrong with a little good old fashioned capitalism?

I'm all for this concepr as long as they carry it on to a La Nina year.

El Nino is predicted to last through March 2016.

This year the winner will probably be crowned for a head high drop!

Not their fault, but a sad testimony to our current predicament.
 09/05/2015 07:47 PM

chris hampson

Joined Forum: 01/02/2007

Originally posted by: Karma

everyone knows it's gunna come down to me and Beanrat...has anyone seen that guy anyway? Last I herd he was scoping out sum of Floriduhs outer reefs...

Saw him last week at his usual local haunt. He's around. Count on a classic entry & story probably involving sharks with fricken lazer beams on their head involved.
 09/08/2015 12:41 PM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

It will be me at pump house. Try to act surprised when you see me sliding down a legit double overhead plus bomb into the inlet with a clenched jaw, a muffin top rippling with the speed bumps from my vertical air drop and squinty set of eyes that say I mean business. My semi bald head reflects the setting sun through the arm of the pump house and my fans, probably my two two buddies that couldn't make the paddle out will be telling everyone that the intrepid big wave tamer is in fact the very same Johnnyboy who is known to surf a one foot wave with the same drive, gusto and arrogant smirk. Salt life will be paying me 10 k for my wave video and another grand to photoshop out my gut and put some blonde locks on my dome. I have it all worked out. Anyone have a used jet ski, older model priced to move laying around?

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

09/08/2015 12:52 PM

Julianuribe23

Joined Forum: 05/21/2012

Originally posted by: johnnyboy It will be me at pump house. Try to act surprised when you see me sliding down a legit double overhead plus bomb into the inlet with a clenched jaw, a muffin top rippling with the speed bumps from my vertical air drop and squinty set of eyes that say I mean business. My semi bald head reflects the setting sun through the arm of the pump house and my fans, probably my two two buddies that couldn't make the paddle out will be telling everyone that the intrepid big wave tamer is in fact the very same Johnnyboy who is known to surf a one foot wave with the same drive, gusto and arrogant smirk. Salt life will be paying me 10 k for my wave video and another grand to photoshop out my gut and put some blonde locks on my dome. I have it all worked out. Anyone have a used jet ski, older model priced to move laying around?
it says no tow-ins are allowed in the contest rules. Better find a big enough board to keep you in position with all that water movement

09/08/2015 01:00 PM

daner

Yea Johnnyboy better read the fine print. Don't want to spend all that money on acting lessons, make over and videographer and risk your life only find out your disqualified!

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

09/08/2015 01:46 PM

SurferMic

Everyone should just quit dreaming, I got this contest in the bag...I just rented Typhoon Lagoon for this thursday, Vid crew will be there ... Crown me now! where is my 10G's

09/08/2015 01:51 PM

daner

Originally posted by: SurferMic Everyone should just quit dreaming, I got this contest in the bag...I just rented Typhoon Lagoon for this thursday, Vid crew will be there ... Crown me now! where is my 10G's

Maybe you can get Walt to throw in some special effects. Place some "It's a small world" props behind you, the right camera angle and you'll go BIG on a waist high bomb. HA

FORUMS : Surfing : Big Wave FL Contest

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .