Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: One bad apple spoils RCs access
Topic Summary: letter of trespass authority/ towing now in effect
Created On: 09/16/2017 07:31 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/18/2017 06:29 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dkaye

Joined Forum: 08/19/2007

Originally posted by: BLat there will always be parking at RCs for the creative minded and able-bodied. 

yea, and the public beach access ramp isn't going away

LOCALS ONLY BRA!!

-------------------------

https://www.instagram.com/dj_kaye_/

09/18/2017 09:02 AM

Oceanaddict

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

If you paid $1.6 million for beachside property as the company did, Lung Biotechnology, would you let people who you do not know park on your private property? 

Discuss.

It's not where you've gone that's important....
The value is derived from the Journey.

09/18/2017 09:46 AM

johnny

Joined Forum: 12/31/2004

No way, playing with fire
 09/18/2017 03:46 PM

rc

Joined Forum: 01/02/2006

Originally posted by: Cole

Is there grandfathered in access to the legendary RC's? That's the question.

If not, why is there a city built walkway behind your office?

Time to do a records search.

Here is the word:

From the Chief Building Official of Satellite Beach,
1. United Therapeutics owns the land.
2. They built the boardwalk.
3. Treat them just like a beach front condo, if they wish to let you pass, that is their sole discretion. If they wish to block public access, they can.
4. He recommended using the north access at Scorpion Court.

I agree with whatever decision they make and apparently they have expressed their wish to block public access. I think they tried very hard but a few people may have spoiled this, dropping trash, taking up even their private parking spaces, etc.

I don't think this was the result of my bicycling friend, but this has been years in the making.

To Gabriel and family, I thank you for your patience.

Time to move on.
 09/18/2017 04:53 PM

rc

Check out these people ... very impressive:

ABC News

Chicagoideas

While they graciously allowed us access to the beach through their property, they were up to these amazing deeds.

Hats off.

Edited: 09/18/2017 at 05:03 PM by rc
 09/18/2017 06:41 PM

surfsail

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Gabriel, thank you, your family and employees for bring tolerant and allowing us surfers to trespass on your property.

As you are now aware your piece of property is front and center on one of the best surf spots in central Florida.

No doubt we all took advantage first when you just allowing us foot traffic access, and further when we started parking there, especially in your employee parking spots.

The construction of the new condos made an already bad situation worse.

I frankly thought that you would have clamped down on us a long time ago - I would have if I were you.

Surfers are an excitable bunch when they are waves and tend to take want to rush into the water.  This is no excuse for us being either rude or disrespectful.

Are you planning to run again? You'll have my vote (again).  

I am also your neighbour down in MB and aware of your families many accomplishments and trials.

There are NO white people at all in the Bible... take all the time you need with that...
Please stop feeding the trolls - they will go away if you do...

Edited: 09/18/2017 at 08:22 PM by surfsail
 09/19/2017 04:17 AM

Julianuribe23

Joined Forum: 05/21/2012

Originally posted by: miker Well not much changes for those of us who can walk or ride our bike there. Too bad for the Orlando people though.....

So everyone that doesn't walk/bike is from Orlando......

09/19/2017 05:13 AM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

Originally posted by: Julianuribe23

Originally posted by: miker Well not much changes for those of us who can walk or ride our bike there. Too bad for the Orlando people though.....

So everyone that doesn't walk/bike is from Orlando......

Is that what you think because that isn't what I said.
 09/19/2017 06:16 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Originally posted by: rc

Is there grandfathered in access to the legendary RC's? That's the question.

If not, why is there a city built walkway behind your office?

Time to do a records search.

Here is the word:

From the Chief Building Official of Satellite Beach,

1. United Therapeutics owns the land.

2. They built the boardwalk.

3. Treat them just like a beach front condo, if they wish to let you pass, that is their sole discretion. If they wish to block public access, they can.

4. He recommended using the north access at Scorpion Court.

I agree with whatever decision they make and apparently they have expressed their wish to block public access. I think they tried very hard but a few people may have spoiled this, dropping trash, taking up even their private parking spaces, etc.

I don't think this was the result of my bicycling friend, but this has been years in the making.

To Gabriel and family, I thank you for your patience.

Time to move on.

Thanks rc, then it is their decision. They have been nicer than most when it comes to use of their land. That sure is an expensive piece of property to run a business out of, I wish them the best.

I scored some fantastic sessions at the Light when the walkway was closed; less parking means less crowd. Win win.

I was right.
 09/19/2017 06:41 AM

Central Floridave

Every swell when I drive by that parking lot is a zoo and is a dangerous intersection. Publix is going to close their parking lot off next. Towing is a good money maker for some and they have used tow trunks in the past. I forget how long it has been, maybe the 90s. But, they come in with an army of tow trunks and take all non-customer cars out. Take heed of the warning!
 09/19/2017 07:10 AM

since65

Joined Forum: 09/12/2004

Surfers special

Private covered parking available close to RC's. Check out first months special at Satellite Beach Personal Mini Storage, 249 Scorpion CT.

Rent a surfers man cave with parking close to RC's. Drop in a mini fridge, big screen, and a sofa. Review your GoPro video before your trunks dry. How much would you pay for private parking? Keep in mind you will still have to walk across A1A, so this may not work for some.

As access to the beach changes so might our expectations.

09/19/2017 08:15 AM

SurfAddict

Joined Forum: 09/17/2009

It was only a matter of time.  Like others, I also always tried to pick-up trash in their parking lot as a show of gratitude and respect, and to help compensate for the blatent disrespect of the many clueless idiots...mostly younger surfers.

For me personally, however, it is really not such a big deal (other than for the easy surf check) as I can actually ride my bike (and almost walk!) there from my house quicker than I can drive there!

Surfing is my passion...obsesssion... addiction! Can't imagine life without it!
 09/19/2017 08:25 AM

dab

Joined Forum: 08/08/2003

Originally posted by: rc
Originally posted by: Cole Is there grandfathered in access to the legendary RC's? That's the question. If not, why is there a city built walkway behind your office? Time to do a records search.
Here is the word: From the Chief Building Official of Satellite Beach, 1. United Therapeutics owns the land. 2. They built the boardwalk. 3. Treat them just like a beach front condo, if they wish to let you pass, that is their sole discretion. If they wish to block public access, they can. 4. He recommended using the north access at Scorpion Court. I agree with whatever decision they make and apparently they have expressed their wish to block public access. I think they tried very hard but a few people may have spoiled this, dropping trash, taking up even their private parking spaces, etc. I don't think this was the result of my bicycling friend, but this has been years in the making. To Gabriel and family, I thank you for your patience. Time to move on.
Thanks rc, then it is their decision. They have been nicer than most when it comes to use of their land. That sure is an expensive piece of property to run a business out of, I wish them the best. I scored some fantastic sessions at the Light when the walkway was closed; less parking means less crowd. Win win.

A link to the Inc. http://www.unither.com/index.html

Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

09/19/2017 08:33 AM

dab

Joined Forum: 08/08/2003

Originally posted by: rc Check out these people ... very impressive: ABC News Chicagoideas While they graciously allowed us access to the beach through their property, they were up to these amazing deeds. Hats off.

Wiki: "United Therapeutics" on @Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Therapeutics?wprov=sfti1

Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

09/19/2017 09:00 AM

GabrielRothblatt

Joined Forum: 04/28/2015

I really appreciate the kind words, and truly understand the frustration. At United Therapeutics we have a saying, 'Healthy change is good.'

As a few comments have mentioned, the mild inconvenience for the local surfer, is made up for by the diminished competition for the break.

United Therapeutics has a strong corporate social responsibility philosophy. All of the properties we own have some type of educational purpose, and environmental offset. We've tolerated the inconvenience, because we believe that the awareness of solar energy and native landscaping was more important.

Intentionally or not, the fact remains, I asked the cyclist twice, politely, not to enter while we were cleaning the storm debris and he continued anyways. He did infact collide with my colleague, and continued on without concern for her welfare. Legally, that's a hit and run. So, say what you will, but he's no gentlemen, and now a wanted criminal. 

There is an easement agreement in place, pending the completion of Oceana Towers, for a public access between the N side of our lot, and the South side of Oceana. I imagine it will be late 2018 at the earliest for that to be completed.

Finally, I came here because I believe you all are the reason we could maintain tolerance, not why we lost it. And what hurts most in this, is knowing innocent people pay the price for others poor judgement.

Onward.

P.S. I'm exploring running for Agriculture Commissioner in 2018, but haven't ruled out challenging Posey again. 

I just came here for the comments.

09/19/2017 09:13 AM

IMAKEWK

Joined Forum: 05/11/2015

Thank you for taking care of your beachfront location. you've done a great job keeping it beautiful and peaceful!

i apologize on behalf of 2ndlight, most surfers aren't like what you've experienced. the interaction your employee had is, needless to say, embarassing.

you should continue to tow and continue to post trespass signs. that is your private land and in no way do you owe us anything. we can park north or south and merely walk. we have 2 perfectly good legs we've just become lazy.

your place looks great! keep it up! apologies.

09/19/2017 04:32 PM

surfin1980

Joined Forum: 10/24/2003

^^^Above comment, should have been the first and only comment, thumbs up^^^
 09/19/2017 04:41 PM

surfsail

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Thanks for your continued patience and understanding..

Saw a bunch of empty beer cases last time I was there - not good.. Getting out of control.

I realize it's a heavy lift but Please take out Posey!

There are NO white people at all in the Bible... take all the time you need with that...
Please stop feeding the trolls - they will go away if you do...
 09/19/2017 07:36 PM

Cole

Are you being 100% truthful about the "hit and run?"

If you want an honest discussion, keep it honest.

I was right.
 09/20/2017 02:28 AM

rc

Are you being 100% truthful about the "hit and run?"

If you want an honest discussion, keep it honest.

I'll be honest, I think I may know the cyclist, and I trust this person's word 100%.

I hope you are kidding when you say this person is a wanted criminal. If you aren't, I think you will lose a lot of votes.
FORUMS : Surfing : One bad apple spoils RCs access

<< 1 2 3 4 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .