Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: 2nd Light member Costa Rica retreat
Topic Summary: looking for input
Created On: 02/18/2018 01:18 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/18/2018 01:18 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

GREG

Joined Forum: 08/20/2003

So I want to organize a Costa Rica surf retreat for 2ndlight light members in June or July 2018. Yes I know many of us go down there already during the summer, but it would be cool to hang out with old friends and meet new ones, while sharing some waves and suds afterward. It would be for one week and include hotel (with breakfast), car rental, and commemorative t-shirt.

My questions are:
What week would be best?
Which beach should we meet on? (with the idea that everyone is either an intermediate or advanced surfer)

Thank you for your input.

-------------------------
http://www.crsurf.com ~ CR Surf Travel Company

http://www.vacationsbygreg.com
Instagram - @crsurf
 02/18/2018 04:20 PM

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

Cool idea.

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

02/18/2018 05:21 PM

CERTON

Joined Forum: 04/22/2011

If the Col. and Cole are in, I'm in.

"Don't count the days, make the days count." -Ali
#rydyrstrong
 02/18/2018 06:04 PM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

Originally posted by: CERTON

This.
 02/18/2018 06:18 PM

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

Change it to the 2cnd week after Easter. Because 1, it's the end of the touron season and thee's deals aplenty. 2, It's their fall and the waves are pumping. 3, It's the beginning of the rainy season andcritters are starting to thrive.
 02/18/2018 09:19 PM

rc

Joined Forum: 01/02/2006

Originally posted by: SlimyBritches

Change it to the 2cnd week after Easter. Because 1, it's the end of the touron season and thee's deals aplenty. 2, It's their fall and the waves are pumping. 3, It's the beginning of the rainy season andcritters are starting to thrive.

Slimy, you illiterate moron. You hijacked my wife's thread and go about your business on other threads?

What a troll you are.

You started a catastrophy then go on without so much as an explanation or apology?

WTF
 02/19/2018 07:01 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

I would definitely be interested if I can work the dates into my school schedule. Mrs. worksux would be going as well.

Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.
 02/19/2018 07:04 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Originally posted by: CERTON

Now that's funny!

Sounds fun, but I'm out on Hermosa and the like, my hip cost too much to be brutalized by vicious beach breaks.

Pavones is hands-down my favorite.

I was right.
 02/19/2018 08:06 AM

CERTON

Joined Forum: 04/22/2011

If rc and chopola are in, I'm in. BrendaLee can take pictures.

"Don't count the days, make the days count." -Ali
#rydyrstrong
 02/19/2018 10:29 PM

rawsurf

Joined Forum: 08/15/2017

We have a camp in both Guapil and Pavones, if anyone is interested in renting, there is still some availability.

02/26/2018 05:37 PM

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

Originally posted by: rc

Originally posted by: SlimyBritches

Slimy, you illiterate moron. You hijacked my wife's thread and go about your business on other threads?

What a troll you are.

You started a catastrophy then go on without so much as an explanation or apology?

WTF

Greg is your wife?!?!?!? Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I think you misread ALL of what I wrote.
 02/26/2018 09:11 PM

GREG

Joined Forum: 08/20/2003

Thanks for the input. It looks like the best dates for me, for the high tides in the morning, without the worst tidal swings, is going to be Sunday to Sunday, July 16th to the 23rd. I checked Southwest flights and they are cheapest from MCO to SJO on Sunday - right now at $328 roundtrip.

The place I am considering is Charlies Jungle House in Matapalo (not the one on the tip of the Osa Peninsula). I like this spot since it's right across the road from the beach, has a pool, can fit up to 20 people with other places close by if we need more space, and the soft sand beach is completely uncrowded. We may be the only ones surfing. The wave is less steep and a foot smaller than Dominical, more favorable for longer boards. The more advanced crew can drive 15 minutes south to Dominical, or 25 minutes to a point break. 20 minutes south is Dominicalito, which is protected for smaller surf if it's huge. And 30 minutes north is Manuel Antonio and Quepos (protected surf spots as well).

Did I mention it was uncrowded? I live about 5 minutes drive south of there so can show ya'll around to the waterfalls and stuff we can do during low tide, too.

If I can get at least 10 people to commit, then I can also try to get a group rate on flights from Southwest. Just PM me if you are in.

http://www.crsurf.com ~ CR Surf Travel Company

http://www.vacationsbygreg.com
Instagram - @crsurf
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .