Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Stolen Board at Hightower Beach park
Topic Summary: TY officer MCGANN
Created On: 02/24/2018 09:05 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/27/2018 11:05 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

sarasotasurfer

Joined Forum: 07/27/2003

Gun, knife, stick, super human meth strength, you name it.  I’m not a caveman and I’m not going to put my family’s future at risk by getting injured unnecessarily or charged for beating someone.  I’m not the societal problem.  The problem is drugs and these kids’ parents not doing their job by teaching them right from wrong.  

The fact that wanting a surfboard somehow translates into lifting one instead of saving your own pennies to buy one is a parenting issue. My guess is the fathers aren’t around or were theiving punks themselves.

if they’re drug addicts that are stealing something to sell so they can get high it’s both a parenting and a societal problem.  These kids need to be given things to do with their time, a job, career training, volunteerism.  At their age surfing can be done before work or between classes.  Endless free time from high school age onward only leads to problems.

further, as I stated in the Bum thread, this kind of activity is far too common in brevard beach parking.  The municipalities need to step up and protect their most valuable asset by having a constant law enforcement presence at the beach parks and accesses.  This kind of activity doesn’t seem as common from sarasota to Naples or jupiter to Boca Raton.  The space coast, volusia, and Jax this is accepted as a norm.  It doesn’t have to be that way.  These areas are some of the best coastlines in the country and are being overrun by theiving punks and drugged up bums

Edited: 02/27/2018 at 11:15 AM by sarasotasurfer
 02/27/2018 11:15 AM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Originally posted by: miker
Armed doesn't just mean a gun. A knife, bat, stick, rock, etc. will all work too. Especially since you are wanting him to confront 3 punks.

Thanks for doubly proving my point. I am not sure why it is always assumed that things will turn out violent. That is a clear sign of an ill society.

We have a societal issue when you cannot or refuse to speak up to people who do something that is out of bounds in YOUR community because you are scared of what might/might not happen.

You go live in your police state an go live in your 'safe spaces'. I choose to be involved, I am not afraid to speak up and I REFUSE to be 'held hostage' in life by three punks, or any punks for that matter when they step out of line. This is MY community, and people who continue to do this kind of shit will know in no uncertain terms that this will not be tolerated.

So with that, looks like we will just agree to disagree. See ya in the water...

-------------------------
QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 02/27/2018 11:26 AM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

Signs of an ill society or not is irrelevant. It simply the reality of the world we live in. You don't want to accept that, fine, but it won't change the way the world is now.

It is also not my job to be local law enforcement. Until Satellite Beach stops charging me out the ass in taxes for the privilege of living here, I am going to rely on the people I paid to do a job.

Oh, and 'safe spaces' are for hurtful words. Check with your nearest millennial.
 02/27/2018 03:28 PM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

Charges, unless the kids are very contrite and you get to speak with their parents to ensure "appropriate action" will be taken by a responsible party.

Ironically, wtf's position here seems in conflict with his position on NSR related to whether you take the law into your own hands, or let the cops do their job.

There are too many spots in this land of beach breaks where kids with a car can go, and not be shunned into proper behavior by "Da Hui" regulating their lineup and blocking them from waves, although I favor outing them for the crime and regulating in those rare instances where it's possible, practical and effective.

If these kids were seen on camera giving a thumbs-up to the theft, that's blatant, and they don't deserve mercy.

Finally, if you're prepared to get in someone's face, you'd better be prepared for it to get violent, just in case. Some kids pack a mean punch. People have died and people suffered severe brain injury from one punch. FL's stand-your-ground law allows a lot of room for responding to someone in your face. If you are the aggressor/initiator of a "confrontation" that turns violent, and clearly could have avoided it by calling Johnny Law, judges and juries lean unfavorably to your cause.

I've had several friends get records and expensive legal trouble for what seemed like perfectly reasonable actions. Even worse when the other party is a minor.

02/27/2018 05:45 PM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

^^ sensible
 02/27/2018 06:37 PM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

That's not what I am saying and there is no conflict in my position RJ. What I am saying is that community self policing is valid and it has been shown to work, especially for small time crimes like this. You can agree or disagree. You have your opinion, I have mine.

Sorry, if some thief is walking down the beach with my board, I am walking down there and taking it back.

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 02/27/2018 09:11 PM

sarasotasurfer

Joined Forum: 07/27/2003

And when he says

1. This isn’t your board

or

2. Make me give it back

then what?

02/27/2018 10:43 PM

fsusurfer

Joined Forum: 12/18/2008

Originally posted by: fish23714 One is from Melbourne Beach....One is from Indian Harbor Beach....One from Satellite Beach. All 3 hopefully will be charged.....The video is clear that they were all in agreement (thumbs up seen on the camera by the passenger as the back seater was showing him the board)....It could have been your board they stole in the 1.5 minutes they were in the parking lot. One has his photo at the BCSO web site now....I am awaiting the view of the other adult.

Initials of the perp DH? Found one on the FL Today mugshots that might be him.

Where is Playalinda?

FORUMS : Surfing : Stolen Board at Hightower Beach park

<< 1 2 3 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .