Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Wave quality/consistency over the years
Topic Summary: Early 2010's vs mid/late 2010's
Created On: 04/18/2018 07:07 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/21/2018 06:43 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

e11even

Joined Forum: 02/20/2014

Yep totally remember getting fun barrels at boardwalk. That place use to be the spot. Now it totally sucks. I think the sand moved down to ocean ave and spots further south as they seem to break better. Also Chernobyls back in the day threw some nice shacks. Like u said now just rc and pelican recently seems to be the stand outs. I use to surf 2nd light all the time also. Haven' surfed 2nd light or boardwalk in years. The sand dumping absolutey has changed our breaks for the worse. How can we stop this waste of money and get them to just bypass the sand from north of the port south to ccb? Then let the natural longshore flow of sand move south. 

-------------------------

-

04/22/2018 04:09 PM

Northjetty101

Joined Forum: 08/20/2010

I don't know, but they've really trashed the natural sand bar systems. The pier broke worlds better when the beach used to end down by the volley ball courts. I remember when the mid pier was a take off point, not the shore pound. And you could shoot the pier and end up close to where it rises up off the sand now. I kept hoping that it would erode back to where it should be and we'd get the break back again. Not even close. Every time the beach even hints at eroding back to where it should be, they dump more sand.

04/23/2018 12:17 PM

Julianuribe23

Joined Forum: 05/21/2012

Today was fun at the inlet. That being said, the forecast for today would have translated to a super fun RC's session 5 years ago, even with the wind direction that we had today. 

04/23/2018 02:04 PM

jettyparksurfer

Joined Forum: 07/25/2009

I don't think the consistency has changed much. This december was mostly dead flat but I remember december 2008 being the exact same: warm and flat. There was quite a string of long period swell from august thru december 2010 and the next year september thru december was nonstop windswell with almost no groundswell (except Irene and Leslie). There hasn't been a summer like 2003 since 2003. I don't think the consistency has changed much.

The breaks have definitely changed.

FORUMS : Surfing : Wave quality/consistency over the years

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .