Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Anyone Travel Frontier Airlines Domestically w/ boardbag(s)?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/25/2018 07:43 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/25/2018 07:43 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

SurferMic

Joined Forum: 06/30/2012

Anyone have experience flying out of MCO (to Philly - PHL) on Frontier with a board bag? Website says no items over 80 inches (6'6"??) Anyone with real life experiences out of MCO and out of PHL your feedback would be great. I called them and got the endless hold ...(NJ is gonna fire SAT-SUN)

Edited: 10/25/2018 at 07:44 AM by SurferMic
 10/25/2018 09:21 AM

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

I have a buddy that flies them a bit to visit family in Philly / NJ. He said he's never brought a board though, but they do nickle and dime u for everything (which I would expect at their prices) but 6-6 and under seems fine for an east coast strike mission not sure what th prices are, but maybe also consider United (didnt they just totally wave board fees? that could make up the difference)
 10/25/2018 10:28 AM

SurferMic

Joined Forum: 06/30/2012

^ located the info buried on their website ...$75 each way no mention on how many boards just has to weight under 55lbs & no bigger than 11 feet...the 80" max I think is for regular luggage. tickets are reasonable, 100.00 each way..non stop flights
 10/25/2018 10:30 AM

ILM

Joined Forum: 04/08/2011

I would like to hear experiences also. A flight form RDU to SAN is $197 r/t. from RDU to MCO is 24$ each way, not that I want to head to orlando except to hop on over to PR. Sucks that we only have the choice of united, delta, or american out of ILM. frontier sports equipment Looks like a regular checked bag fee for surfboard.
 10/29/2018 07:37 AM

sfds

Joined Forum: 06/25/2007

Only experience was MCO-DEN. NEVER AGAIN. I imagine if all goes smooth you save some coin and have a sub-par experience. If there's any glitch you are FUCT. A storm hit Denver and their passengers were sleeping in the airport for days because they did not have enough planes to catch back up the canceled flights. We were supposed to leave on a Sunday and the soonest they could get us out was Wednesday. Not going to happen with work, school etc. Ended up $1,000 on south west to get out Monday. But hey they did refund the $77 for the return home leg. And their customer service is like dealing with a McDonalds fry cook. I would never fly Frontier again ever under any circumstance.
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .