Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Going to Costa Rica- NEED HELP
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/10/2019 07:15 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/17/2019 08:21 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

SURFSMURF

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Our locked rental car was broken into at the beach every single surf session. They even stole children's sandals
 04/17/2019 11:14 PM

GREG

Joined Forum: 08/20/2003

You can always send me a note if you want professional help planning your trip. Like you said, there are a lot of factors to keep the whole family happy. ~Greg

-------------------------
http://www.crsurf.com ~ CR Surf Travel Company

http://www.vacationsbygreg.com
Instagram - @crsurf
 05/20/2019 07:30 PM

paddleout

Joined Forum: 07/31/2003

Thank for all the help guys-

Got our trip all booked up for late June.

Staying at the newly redone Guilded Iguana in Nosara.

Flying from Fort Laud to San Jose via Southwest Air- used my points, and I have a companion pass with them, so one person flew free.

Renting a SUV and driving from San Jose to Nosara- any tips for that drive?

Looking forward to the new "Surfer's Club" at the hotel:

Edited: 05/20/2019 at 07:30 PM by paddleout
 05/20/2019 08:53 PM

GREG

For next time, I can get a double room with breakfast at Gilded Iguana for $202.50 with breakfast included (plus tax). Or if someone wants to join Paddleout at the end of June. That's $22 less than what they show on their website.

And it's only $161 if you want to come next week, but it may be a little windy.

Instagram - @crsurf
 05/21/2019 05:42 AM

havanabama

Joined Forum: 07/23/2003

Just now reading this and it seems you picked all the good stuff. The new Guilded Iguana should be awesome and Playa Guiones is one of my favs. Make sure you eat at Burgers and Beers. Soon I'll have my first commercial beer on tap there. Say Hi to Victor, speaks perfect english and is the owner. The drive is long but beautiful. If your phone has data just use Waze. take Hwy 27 when leaving airport on Hwy 1, cross over to 27 at the Coyol exit, it's about 2-3 miles after you leave the airport. Buy the plantains from the vendors at the toll boths, they are awesome, 1,000 colones. I'll be in CR from June 11 to sometime in July starting my brewery and surfing, but not up there, way south. If the shit hits the fan and you need a gringo, me, call my CR number 8511-7894. and always Greg, he is the CR man for sure and is more connected than anyone I know. Pura Vida Mae

Ah, religion, bigotry dressed up as morality.
 05/21/2019 06:20 AM

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

Originally posted by: Kimo63 They always steal my flip flops , even when I bury them in the graveyard before the sun rises .
must not like my flops. left mine in plain view on beach for 10 days straight with no probs last time there
 05/21/2019 08:06 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Havanabama, I need details on that beer, please.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

05/21/2019 10:35 AM

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

I'd recommend going to Playa Hermosa Jaco. The Cabinas Vista Hermosa has a great break. Plus jungle and Tres Piscinas down the way. Also a hop to Dominical, Guacalillo ,and Playa El Rey. Therer's fishing near by. I'd always start my excursion there. It's the closest break from the airport.
 05/22/2019 12:11 PM

havanabama

Joined Forum: 07/23/2003

Johnnyboy, like us on Facebook. We are Solas Brewing Company. Our first beer release should be around the middle of July at a limited number of places around CR, but for sure in Jaco at The Green Room and at Burgers and Beers in Playa Guiones. This beer will be called Space Wit and be a NEIPA with Belgian yeast.

Ah, religion, bigotry dressed up as morality.

Edited: 05/22/2019 at 12:12 PM by havanabama
 05/22/2019 06:31 PM

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

As a college student, I wanted to visit CR, maybe study there, so took a course on Central America partly to keep my Spanish going. Didn't work. A plan to go to CR last month was displaced by a pretty important event here in Florida. A useful background book by a fine science journalist (i.e. it's a goo read) is "Green Phoenix: Restoring the Tropical Forests of Guanacaste, Costa Rica by Willaim Allen. It features Daniel Janzen, an amazing plant ecologist who I read for years, should have tried to visit in CR. He's worth the book. But it tells you a lot about the country that's worth knowing if you want to take Central America seriously. I'll be happy to loan it out and will drive it up to willing recilpients.
 05/22/2019 06:49 PM

Kimo63

Joined Forum: 04/22/2012

Originally posted by: RiddleMe

Originally posted by: Kimo63
They always steal my flip flops , even when I bury them in the graveyard before the sun rises .

must not like my flops. left mine in plain view on beach for 10 days straight with no probs last time there

You must have big feet , my size must be a more popular one

Edited: 05/22/2019 at 06:51 PM by Kimo63
 05/22/2019 07:05 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

They always steal my flip flops , even when I bury them in the graveyard before the sun rises .

12's aren't very useful to the average Tico.

I was right.
 05/23/2019 04:25 AM

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

should I be concerned you know my shoe size? lol
 05/23/2019 05:22 AM

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

When I was going I was 6'5" 225 and once had my bathing suit taken off my 2nd floor balcony. I kept looking for 2 guys in my suit. Flip flips are a necessity when on the beach at Jaco. Wife had her flops start melting.
 05/23/2019 07:49 AM

dkaye

Joined Forum: 08/19/2007

Originally posted by: SURFSMURF Our locked rental car was broken into at the beach every single surf session. They even stole children's sandals
lol

https://www.instagram.com/dj_kaye_/

05/23/2019 02:05 PM

paddleout

Joined Forum: 07/31/2003

UGH- I'm now realizing that the drive from San Jose to Nosara is like 4.5-5 hours.

But flying into Liberia wasnt an option so..

anyone know- how grueling is that drive?

we will be leaving the airport around 1pm ish and it's wet season.
 05/23/2019 02:15 PM

GREG

The road is well paved with good signage for Nosara. The last few kilometers though were unpaved (at least the last time I was there) so if it's raining you will want to go slow. The Gilded Iguana should have some signs leading to it once you are in the Playa Guiones area. Just plug in WAZE and it will get you there. You can check my site for your surf forecast and tide charts - CRsurf.com

Instagram - @crsurf
FORUMS : Surfing : Going to Costa Rica- NEED HELP

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146498 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .