Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Good Australia airfares
Topic Summary: Qantas, Delta, United
Created On: 04/27/2019 12:53 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/27/2019 12:53 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

Qantas is having a 3-day sale with low fares from Dallas-Ft Worth Google Flights shows a wide array of flights for just under or over $1000 to Sydney and likely Melbourne or Brisbane for a wide variety of dates, May, August, and likely even February. Obviously, austral fall through winter is the time to go. Prices from Melbourne are about like Orlando, but restricted to Delta and take 2 stops rather than 1. And add about four hours. But you don't have to show up at MLB three or more hours before your flight. Flying MLB to MEL would be a curiosity.
 04/27/2019 06:34 AM

waveaddict

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

I'm going in June! If you piece it together you can save a great deal!nn It's a always changing scenario. I am going from Melbourne on Delta to San Diego to Honolulu to Brisbane totalling $900. I'll be surfing in each stop as I hang for a day or days. Google Flights ,Kayak is a good way to monitor your choices.

-------------------------
Think and seek and you shall find.....
 04/28/2019 03:50 AM

ww

Congrats. Brisbane is totally different from southern Australia, of course. BTW, Science magazine has a news story this week--it seems the Southern Ocean waves are getting bigger. Possibly terrifying news for Western Australia. Look for Livistona fan palms (they've become common landscaping substitutes for sabal palms on roads) and king palms (Archontophoenix). They aren't grown too much in Florida, but seem to like it here. I've got five happy ones in the yard.
 04/28/2019 08:06 AM

RocketSurf

Joined Forum: 03/20/2014

Good data....I plan on going to NZ in late Feb early March 2020 to compete in the World Kneeboarding contest. I have already paid my competition fee. ($250). I would think that my only option is to fly to Australia and jump over to KZ on a cheap flight. I am still checking the sites for good prices.
 04/30/2019 03:59 AM

ww

NZ fares are persistently kind of high. I've paid a bit more than $1000 to Auckland or Wellington but that was fall, almost winter. Like MARCH, Air New Zealand. It might well be cheaper to find a good fare to Sydney. Air Fiji worth a look, with long stopovers. Getting to Dunedin makes the possibility of going via Sydney look interesting. Not sure there's direct flights, though there'd definitely be plenty to Queenstown and Christchurch. For a look at Dunedin surfing, sign up for Derek Morrison's "Box of Light" emails if you haven't. His latest has a solid swell. I know a Vero Beach guy who's an enthusiast for that south tip of the South Island. I've got a fairly large New Zealand library, happy to arrange loans. I've been no farther south than Christchurch.
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .