Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Hurricane Prediction - totally wrong
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/30/2019 07:03 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 6 7 8 9 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/13/2019 06:22 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

which is an easterly shift from the NHC 8am advisory.....
 09/13/2019 08:32 AM

Plan B

Originally posted by: SurferMic ^^^ heavy duty black trash bag with duct tape will work, did it years ago broken wrist. you have to paddle with one arm which is brutal (slow) in Overhead sets, a then learn a tripod like pop-ups (AKA Bethany H. style). Tip: shave your arm hair were the tape goes , if you do not it really hurts to peel the ductape & arm hair off...Good luck, heal quick...wet casts/braces smell funky...
How long until you were able to surf once the cast came off? Casts off, but not healed (and in a brace) .... and I'm tweakin at all the potential. (only cane season I missed due to injury was 2013 (which wasnt really a cane season Already thinking of gorilla taping the hell out of my brace if need be
 09/13/2019 10:44 AM

SurferMic

Joined Forum: 06/30/2012

^^Cast Off???, ha...didn't even wait, surfed with cast on BUT I only had a scaphoid fracture of the wrist from overshooting a double on my YZ250 and landing in the flats. Hurricane swell at the Boardwalk was too good to pass on. My advice is get a bigger board...you will need the extra stability for the tripod standup, Use your good arm ONLY...When Popping up I remember placing good hand in center of the board and getting to my knees while continuing to stand...once you are up...surf as normal..Bailing/Falling...tuck that bad wrist in tight to your body...I did this many times and had no effect on healing..Good luck, shave before taping..
 09/13/2019 11:05 AM

Plan B

Ha, yeah, I would feel MUCH better about surfing with the cast on than the brace they gave me...I've had minor fractures on this one before (snowboarding) but only enough to require a brace. Unfortunately my "good" arm is my "bad arm" I may be the least ambidexterous person on earth.... Selfishly hoping for onshores for a few more weeks.... I did have a 6-5 step-up made last fall that unfortunately has yest to see wax... we'll see

Edited: 09/13/2019 at 11:06 AM by Plan B
 09/13/2019 11:18 AM

SurferMic

Joined Forum: 06/30/2012

^^ You can do it, a cast is more solid but as long as you do not use your bad arm for ANYTHING you will be fine...find a Funshape!! it will be so much easier to tripod stand up with a board that has decent nose foam...6'8"-7'6" Funshape would be perfect...find one, keep the step up board in the house, you need a Full Round Thick nose...see you in the water...now back to the regular Hurricane Hype thread (sorry for the swerve).
 09/13/2019 11:52 AM

Plan B

Originally posted by: SurferMic find a Funshape!! ...6'8"-7'6" Funshape would be perfect...find one, keep the step up board in the house, you need a Full Round Thick nose...

Edited: 09/13/2019 at 11:52 AM by Plan B
 09/13/2019 02:49 PM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

Plan B is trying to hold off moving to an "ol man" board as long as possible ;-)

-------------------------
"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.
 09/17/2019 08:53 AM

Plan B

Originally posted by: LBLarry Plan B is trying to hold off moving to an "ol man" board as long as possible ;-)
Goofing off on an "ol man" board in little waves is how I hurt myself in the first place...
FORUMS : Surfing : Hurricane Prediction - totally wrong

<< 6 7 8 9 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .