Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Recommendations for Shaper Please
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/03/2019 11:53 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/05/2019 09:03 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

villageidiot

Joined Forum: 09/16/2005

Chris Birch.,, 2 boards 5'8" classic fish, and a 6"4" accelerator quad, both durable fast and catch waves on a dime. 2 years w both and almost no pressure welds..
 12/05/2019 04:09 PM

grdsurf

Joined Forum: 09/28/2004

Just a note about magic boards or any board for that matter. Regardless of condition/lack of dings a boards performance will degrade from day one due to fatigue. Even magic boards are going down hill from day one, especially a poly. Some of the new builds have significantly extended the life of a boards original flex but they eventually succumb to repeated use as well. If you ride the same board for an extended period of time the gradual fatigue and subsequent deadening might not be noticed. If you clone that magic board and then rode both boards one right after the other the old board would seem dead in comparison. Of course some surfers may not be concerned about having a board that is relatively new with good flex....but if you want to be sure you are riding the best equipment you need to replace your board(s) at least every year or so depending on how much it's been used. I would be less concerned about fatigue with longboards .....but high performance short boards...getting a fresh one frequently is a good investment. I recently realized that my go to board which I thought was my best board ever really didn't have enough volume. I only determined this by riding another board with more volume the same day one right after the other. In hind sight it was a mistake to not be trying different boards more frequently as a check on what I thought was my "dialed in" board. This is not intended to criticize having a board for an extended period of time, only to offer an opinion on potential down side in regards to peak performance from a given board.
 12/13/2019 09:21 AM

TeeBirdForever

Joined Forum: 08/21/2016

I think it's hard for a shaper to make a copy that feels exactly the same. Hope you get one though.
 12/13/2019 02:37 PM

surfthecoochie

Joined Forum: 10/11/2006

There are a LOT of really cool shapes now that they dint have out 20 years ago. You should move up to something better and new that match your current skills and weight. Get a good one and that board you want a copy of will just be a distant memory and the new one will be your favorite board.
FORUMS : Surfing : Recommendations for Shaper Please

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .