Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: So its not coastal erosion for rich people who live on the beach...
Topic Summary: Its not enough beach renourishment.
Created On: 02/14/2024 11:10 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/14/2024 11:10 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Its more sand for the sea turtle nesting season.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/video...8a1e265b4e59bd0e&ei=41

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

02/14/2024 03:05 PM

910surfer

Joined Forum: 10/28/2017

I don' think that almost anything that comes from media can be trusted anymore. A great lesson that covid taught me.
 02/14/2024 05:26 PM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

Originally posted by: 910surfer

I don' think that almost anything that comes from media can be trusted anymore. A great lesson that covid taught me.

Yup....tourist millionaires demanding their foolishly planned and built qondos on the the dune line be rescued....at taxpayer expense (aka: US!), at the expense of our priceless surf and reefs....
again
It's a liberl hoax!
duhhhh

It's a democratic hoax

Edited: 02/14/2024 at 05:27 PM by nukeh2o
 02/14/2024 06:38 PM

garcia

Joined Forum: 03/12/2007

Liberal hoax? That is just plain STUPID. It is a hoax, but one propagated by our willingness to subsidize them with homeowner's insurance. And, please.

BTW- you might consider using spell check. Neither "liberl" nor "qondos: is actually a word. Stupid, just plain stupid, MAGAt.
 02/14/2024 08:41 PM

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

A bit separated from shoreline retreat on our coast (rising sea level), the coast from St Augustine to Fort Pierce is mostly stable, unlike much of the US Atlantic coast, where subsidence, often due to groundwater pumping, is widespread. NY Times story, gifted. Interesting big long map.
 02/14/2024 09:04 PM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

Originally posted by: garcia

Liberal hoax? That is just plain STUPID. It is a hoax, but one propagated by our willingness to subsidize them with homeowner's insurance. And, please.
BTW- you might consider using spell check. Neither "liberl" nor "qondos: is actually a word. Stupid, just plain stupid, MAGAt.

Not the bridest blub on the trea, are oui?
Burying our coquina reefs and beloved surf breaks under feet of sand for the hordes of post-covid northern carpetbaggers oozing into my home, for their "freedumb" is qriminal.

It's a democratic hoax
 02/15/2024 07:20 AM

johnnyboy

That shot of Jupiter Inlet colony is an eye opener. I don't know who would ever insure that multi Million dollar beach front speedbump again, but these people are very rich, very connected and completely entitled. I have a a sneaking suspicion that they will be "renourishing" the areas in front of these mistakes.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

02/15/2024 08:15 AM

CurtisEflush

Joined Forum: 09/28/2012

The construction of that pool on pilings at 0:50 says as much about how much money was spent to build it as it says about why it shouldn't have been built in the first place.

Coastal erosion -- who knew? Duh.
 02/16/2024 11:16 AM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

and so castles made of sand, fall into the sea ..... eventually.

"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.
 02/16/2024 06:12 PM

ww

In Indian River Co., it seems that people owning houses on the barrier island self-insure. They're rich enough to replace whatever's lost. Seawalls have proliferated, so sizable stretches will lack beaches. The non-seawall stretch starting at Wabasso Beach Park is also not encouraging.
 02/17/2024 06:45 AM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

Originally posted by: ww

In Indian River Co., it seems that people owning houses on the barrier island self-insure. They're rich enough to replace whatever's lost. Seawalls have proliferated, so sizable stretches will lack beaches. The non-seawall stretch starting at Wabasso Beach Park is also not encouraging.

and those fucking seawalls will significantly contribute to down drift beach erosion.

"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.
 02/17/2024 09:20 AM

Cole

I am amazed that any beach front condo in Brevard south of Cocoa Beach can get insurance at all. Pour all the dirt you want, it's just a matter of time.

I was right.
 02/18/2024 03:03 AM

tom

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

ww - It's not just IR county. Informal Mel beach insurance chitchat before yoga, I was surprised by the number of folks opting out of windstorm. "If we get a hurricane, we'll take the hit" seems to be the prevailing "logic". And, if they've gotta renourish, couldn't they at least pile up the sand to make a bunch of temporary mini point breaks? Wouldn't cost extra ... Just saying.

add a signature since I'm here in profile anyway

Edited: 02/18/2024 at 03:11 AM by tom
 02/18/2024 11:32 AM

Cole

We pay a premium for insurance, then have to add windstorm and flood. Other than fire, what does regular insurance even cover?

I was right.
 02/18/2024 01:51 PM

JOESTRUMMER

Joined Forum: 03/24/2012

I have a new start up company and can write you an " Florida Earthquake " policy ASAP .------- And that includes extra Tsunami insurance , that your normal flood insurance might not cover .

Edited: 02/18/2024 at 02:03 PM by JOESTRUMMER
 02/19/2024 12:15 AM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Kid's Rock needs HELP!

Kid Rock's Oceanfront Home Hangs In The Balance As Erosion Threatens Coastal Properties

Maybe he can convince Donny Dimwit to come up with a nickname to intimidate the erosion away..

oh wait, I forgot, global warming is a hoax.. ok nothing to see here!

Zzzzzzz.. Zzzzzzz.. Braaaaaapp!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Edited: 02/19/2024 at 01:56 AM by fishkller
 02/19/2024 06:20 AM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

We could never be so lucky, , , ,

Dora Hates You
 02/19/2024 01:30 PM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: tom ww - It's not just IR county. Informal Mel beach insurance chitchat before yoga, I was surprised by the number of folks opting out of windstorm. "If we get a hurricane, we'll take the hit" seems to be the prevailing "logic". And, if they've gotta renourish, couldn't they at least pile up the sand to make a bunch of temporary mini point breaks? Wouldn't cost extra ... Just saying.
You'd think. The rich surf too, after all.

I :heart; Q
 02/19/2024 02:41 PM

ww

Thinking of tsunami insurance, the tsunami evacuation signs in Vero Beach have disappeared. I can dig up a photo of one. There had been fear that a big volcano in the Canary Islands might catastrophically collapse.
    After a hurricane, I was in line behind two women at Publix or maybe Fresh Market. One was telling the other "It's great to b able to start out with a blank slate" evidently referring to a flooded house at Johns Island, where older houses (going back to the 70s) are supposedly being replaced at a brisk clip. On the good side, most waterfront houses in the Vero area now seem to be new and built to the current elevation standard.
    BTW, was feeling under the weather most of the day. Went to the beach at 3:45 as the sun came out and by 5 was feeling healthy. A group of 4 happy surfers were leaving as I showed up.

Edited: 02/19/2024 at 02:42 PM by ww
 02/19/2024 08:00 PM

JOESTRUMMER

Joined Forum: 03/24/2012

RE: " Thinking of tsunami insurance, the tsunami evacuation signs in Vero Beach have disappeared. I can dig up a photo of one. There had been fear that a big volcano in the Canary Islands might catastrophically collapse. "-----That is indeed a current real fact and still a unknown surprise possible scenario at some point . My know it all brother has been yammering on for years about said fact and potential impending consequences . RE: " Went to the beach at 3:45 as the sun came out and by 5 was feeling healthy " ---

Edited: 02/19/2024 at 08:06 PM by JOESTRUMMER
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .