Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: So its not coastal erosion for rich people who live on the beach...
Topic Summary: Its not enough beach renourishment.
Created On: 02/14/2024 11:10 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/20/2024 03:50 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

ww,

That "Canary Island ThingY" would be way, way, beyond "insurance" it would quite literally be "Totally Biblical" !! It has happened before. Look at the "slump" on south of the Big Island. Every-once-in-a-while a good portion of the south shore slips into the Pacific. They figured it out after "fresh" seashells and such were found in New Zealand at like 2000 feet up in the mountains, , , , , it was from the "wash up" from the tsunami !!

The best, only, thing you could do in Florida is be on the Gulf coast and get in a boat and head to the deepest water you can. Take plenty of fishing gear, , , , , ,

-------------------------
Dora Hates You
 02/20/2024 06:18 AM

seaspray

Joined Forum: 05/10/2012

Originally posted by: Cole We pay a premium for insurance, then have to add windstorm and flood. Other than fire, what does regular insurance even cover?
Insurance will cover whatever is the minimum necessary, to keep you in said house, and continue paying the premiums
 02/20/2024 03:50 PM

dingpatch

Dora Hates You
 02/22/2024 11:30 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I can't tell if the Bahamas take the brunt of it and save Palm beach county.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

02/23/2024 01:32 AM

Dahui321

Joined Forum: 08/29/2014

https://www.theinertia.com/surf/chad-nelsen-replenishing-sand-beaches/ Surfrider's thoughts. This is up north. I don't know what our locaL chapter thinks. They have been mute on the Mid Reach.
 02/23/2024 08:08 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Central Floridave

Edited: 02/23/2024 at 08:33 AM by Central Floridave
 02/23/2024 08:09 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Central Floridave

02/23/2024 12:08 PM

RobdaSlob

I have some land inFlagler. Not far from the dune. They are suppose to pump sand there this summer. First of what is suppose to be something like a 50 year contract of sand every 10 years or so. They are also suppose to rebuild the pier - which seems ironic because I always thought piers / jetties contributed to the erosion problem. In Flagler I don't think they have much choice. A1A is exposed and needs to be fortified and with the growth in FL people will demand usable beaches. As far as insurance goes - many of the west palm wealthy have private client insurance. Google it if you don't understand what it is. Bottom line it is custom insurance product for high net worth individual (1 million in liquid assets or more) that like everything when you have money gets you the concierge level care you think you are entitled to.

Even a blind hog finds an occasional acorn
 03/01/2024 11:32 AM

SurfCaster

Joined Forum: 02/02/2007

Right there in the article...improper grain size distribution kills the surf...likely the culprit for our current situation. The recent dumps have appeared to be more dirt than sand and end up as hard pack. Difficult for sandbars to develop, resulting in the crumble and slam

"If I say it's safe to surf this beach, captain, then it's safe to surf this beach!"
 03/02/2024 09:37 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: SurfCaster

Right there in the article...improper grain size distribution kills the surf...likely the culprit for our current situation. The recent dumps have appeared to be more dirt than sand and end up as hard pack. Difficult for sandbars to develop, resulting in the crumble and slam

Not to mention that they act like oil and water. Like shaped sand grips together, unlike sands don't. It just slips right off the top and ends up in Sebastian or some other point farther south.

I was right.
FORUMS : Surfing : So its not coastal erosion for rich people who liv...

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .