Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Jaguars suck, Chad Henne Sucks...Start Bortles!
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/14/2014 03:00 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/28/2017 08:24 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

Originally posted by: stokedpanda
the constant turkey scamble doesnt work!

Unless it's the 1970's and your name is Fran Tarkenton
 03/28/2017 08:57 AM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Yep, the Jags suck. They should have signed Tim T. They would probably still suck, but the stadium would be full.

-------------------------
Dora Hates You
 03/29/2017 05:23 AM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

Originally posted by: RegularJoe

Originally posted by: stokedpanda

the constant turkey scamble doesnt work!

Unless it's the 1970's and your name is Fran Tarkenton

Haha Fran the Man! the one at 1:30 ish is awesome!

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 04/25/2017 02:51 PM

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Making the case: Why the Jaguars should or shouldn't draft a quarterback
A continuation of the ""Making the Case" series: Why the Jaguars should or shouldn't draft a quarterback with the 4th pick.
by Zach Goodall Apr 25, 2017, 9:00am EDT

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2...rs-draft-a-quarterback
 04/28/2017 07:03 AM

Central Floridave

Leonard Fornette should provide some offensive spark! I liked the pick. The jags fans I was with at the NFL draft party last night hated it.

Blake Bortles is the guy for 2017
In not selecting a quarterback with the fourth overall, the Jaguars have selected to ride with Blake Bortles as their quarterback for the 2017 season.
by Zach Goodall Apr 28, 2017, 9:40am EDT

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2...es-is-the-guy-for-2017
 04/28/2017 07:59 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

I like that pick. Keep watching for a QB pick up in latter rounds.

( Kaaya, Kelly)

There is no way they can feel comfortable going into a new season with Bortles and Henne.

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 04/28/2017 08:07 AM

Central Floridave

Bortles has one more year (if not a few games) to prove himself. Otherwise I can see him getting benched and 5th year option voided.

But, that is good in my opinion. It has been so hard to watch the jags. I don't know how jags fans do it. TRADE BORTLES!!! LOL

04/30/2017 03:35 PM

Central Floridave

Jaguars stick with QB Blake Bortles, draft offensive help
By MARK LONG
- Apr. 29, 2017 7:40 PM EDT
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback Blake Bortles is getting another chance to turn his career around - and seemingly without competition.

The Jaguars opted not to select a quarterback during the three-day NFL draft, a somewhat surprising decision considering Bortles' continued struggles and the addition of Tom Coughlin as the team's executive vice president of football operations. The 25-year-old Bortles returned to California last month to work on his mechanics, hoping to improve his accuracy and efficiency, and surely needs to refine his pre-snap reads and post-snap decisions.

"I think you guys know how we feel about Blake," said general manager Dave Caldwell, who drafted Bortles with the third pick in 2014. "We've got a lot of new eyes on Blake from a new coaching staff and have gotten good feedback from those guys, guys that haven't been around and who don't have anything vested in the kid. We still think ... he's got a lot of room to improve."
http://pro32.ap.org/article/ja...s-draft-offensive-help
 05/01/2017 10:00 AM

Central Floridave

Jaguars pick up fifth-year option on QB Blake Bortles

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Jaguars have picked up the fifth-year option on quarterback Blake Bortles, the team announced Monday.

The move is a bit of a surprise considering the step back Bortles took in 2016 after his breakout season in 2015. Bortles' salary for 2018 will now be approximately $20 million (the average of the top 10 highest-paid quarterbacks), and it is guaranteed for injury only until the first day of the 2018 league year in March, when it becomes fully guaranteed.

That offers the Jaguars some protection if Bortles does rebound in 2017. If he doesn't, they can still cut him before the 2018 league year begins without owing him anything unless he suffers a serious injury. "This is a smart business decision for the team for several reasons," Tom Coughlin, the Jaguars' executive vice president of football operations, said in a statement. "It makes sense for us going forward and it's good for Blake and for the Jaguars."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/...rterback-blake-bortles
 11/27/2018 08:13 AM

Central Floridave

Blake Bortles Jaguars era has likely ended

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2...s-era-has-likely-ended

Edited: 11/27/2018 at 08:14 AM by Central Floridave
 11/27/2018 09:04 AM

garcia

Joined Forum: 03/12/2007

"While the Bortles era certainly wasn't good, it was very fun for some big chunks of it and I think Blake as a person, because of his personality, will always be remembered fondly." True statement. It would have been nice to have had a hometown hero lead them to the Super Bowl, but, alas. $26.5M guaranteed will help to make the landing just a wee bit easier, but, as with all of thse few who have the passion and drive to excel at the highest levels of whatever, I am sure success was more important to him than money.
 11/27/2018 12:52 PM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

I still think he is not finished (with football, not Jags).

11/27/2018 04:47 PM

Central Floridave

Hopefully he gets signed with a team with a pulse. Bortles does have flaws. He is a gunslinger. But, he is an competitor and on the right team can win a superbowl. Jags defense took a major hit. 3 starting OL on injured reserve. WR depleted. RB kinda good if playing. Owner wants to move team to Londaon. Jags suck. I hated the Jags before they drafted bortles and struggled with liking them. Bortles does share the blame though. Hopefully he can move on graciously.

11/28/2018 11:14 AM

Central Floridave

Jaguars' Super Bowl window might already be closing; is their vaunted defense 'descending'?
Breaking down Jacksonville's long-term outlook is not pretty

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/n...ed-defense-descending/
 03/12/2019 07:41 AM

Central Floridave

Jags sign Nick Foles to 88 million dollar deal. Step on up, you are the next Qb to be ruined by the jags. ...

03/13/2019 06:19 PM

Central Floridave

Finally, Bortles cut from jags. Freedom. For both sides. Bortles and the Jags.

03/14/2019 07:15 AM

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

Originally posted by: Central Floridave Step on up, you are the next Qb to be ruined by the jags. ...
LMAO.... You should watch some football aside from UCF. The dude was terrible, and the stupidest thing the JAGS did was give him the kings randsom contract extension.... when they didnt have to.
 03/14/2019 08:51 AM

Central Floridave

I do watch other football other than UCF. He wasn't terrible, maybe inconsistent, but his supporting cast last year was dismal/injured. He got Blaine Gabbort'd. A new OC every year. Jags is where qbs go to die. Byron Leftwich, David Garrard, Blaine Gabbert and Blake Bortles, also Say hello Chad Henne. Proof will be Nick Foles in 2019.

I am a UCF homer though. No doubt about that and Blake was THE ONLY REASON i was following the jags. Glad I don't have to anymore. That organization and team suck. The London Jaguars!

03/14/2019 09:05 AM

Central Floridave

Bortles legacy in Jacksonville, one of inconsistency

http://www.news-journalonline....e-one-of-inconsistency
 03/14/2019 08:51 PM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

Originally posted by: Central Floridave

I do watch other football other than UCF. He wasn't terrible, maybe inconsistent, but his supporting cast last year was dismal/injured. He got Blaine Gabbort'd. A new OC every year. Jags is where qbs go to die. Byron Leftwich, David Garrard, Blaine Gabbert and Blake Bortles, also Say hello Chad Henne. Proof will be Nick Foles in 2019.

I am a UCF homer though. No doubt about that and Blake was THE ONLY REASON i was following the jags. Glad I don't have to anymore. That organization and team suck. The London Jaguars!

Remember back to when I warned you to not call for starting Bortles during his rookie season .... cause the O-line sucked (and pretty much still does) and that he would get his brains sacked out and get all gun shy and basically ruin him??

You are correct the the revolving door of OC's & QB coaches was also a major detriment.

Interestingly ..... all I hear from my JagFans ( and I lived in Jax Bch for 22 years) is deafening silence about the Foles trade / signing.

"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.
FORUMS : NPNR : Jaguars suck, Chad Henne Sucks...Start Bortles!

<< 1 2 3 4 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .