Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: The Man in the High Castle
Topic Summary: Amazon show
Created On: 08/12/2015 11:47 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/12/2015 11:47 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Pagerow

Joined Forum: 12/22/2005

Link with trailer

Looks interesting...

This new amazon show called 'The Man in the High Castle' explores what would have happened if the Allies had lost World War II. It's based on a Philip K. Dick novel from 1962.

The hour-long drama stars Alexa Davalos (Mob City), Luke Kleintank (Pretty Little Liars), Rupert Evans (The Village), Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa (Mortal Kombat Legacy), and Rufus Sewell (Eleventh Hour). Ridley Scott is Executive Producer.

It streams on Amazon prime this fall. Enjoy.

-------------------------
GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
 07/18/2017 07:10 AM

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Last week we got a new smart TV and I did my first ever "binge watching". Zipped through the first two seasons of "The Man In The High Castle"...now waiting for season 3 to be released (soon I think). It is really good series. Amazon Prime vid. Great acting, storyline, suspense, intrigue, and the sound through the subwoofer and soundbar is fantastic. I hardly ever watch TV other than sporting events and this show kept my attention through the 20 shows of the first two season. Check it out.
 07/18/2017 08:06 AM

dropsolo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: Central Floridave

Last week we got a new smart TV and I did my first ever "binge watching". Zipped through the first two seasons of "The Man In The High Castle"...now waiting for season 3 to be released (soon I think). It is really good series. Amazon Prime vid. Great acting, storyline, suspense, intrigue, and the sound through the subwoofer and soundbar is fantastic. I hardly ever watch TV other than sporting events and this show kept my attention through the 20 shows of the first two season. Check it out.

I admittedly can be a show snob at times and the high castle didn't meet my snobbish standards. I thought it was hokey and times.

I type on fone 99% of time. Let the typos slyde. Thanks
 07/18/2017 08:07 AM

dropsolo

I admittedly am a show snob. High castle didn't meet my standards. Latest and greatest now is handmaids tale and game of thrones

07/18/2017 08:22 AM

Central Floridave

I'm not easily impressed either. Maybe it was the new Curved TV and the soundbar that made it compelling. I thought the acting was great in "high castle". Storyline is pretty interesting and makes you think what if the Axis powers did win. It is alternate reality show, so you gotta suspend your beliefs a little bit. But, the critics seem to love the series as well. You are the first I've heard say they don't like it. But, different strokes for different folks!
 07/18/2017 08:01 PM

dropsolo

Agreed. Very cool concept for alternate reality of axis winning the war and the USA fight back through underground media and such. What I didn't like or turned me off was the pretty girl crawling away from the villain and the villain dauntingly creeping up behind her with a gun and doesn't shoot her, or grab her. Just prolonging the creep factor of this character who earlier was a FANTASTIC shot.

There is a ton of suspense of disbelief for a lot of the shows I like. Just couldn't fully do it for MITHC.

07/19/2017 05:40 AM

Central Floridave

If you made it to the 2nd season, the pretty girl is an important character in all of this. Plus, the villain you may be talking about knows that she is important and let her go on purpose. You really don't know who is who as everyone seems like a double agent and/or part of the resistance, and/or has seen the films of the real reality and knows that she needed to stay alive.

The final episode in season 2 and it is finishes where the book ended. Season 3 is all new story line. Hitler died (fake assassination attempt but really died from parkinsons), power struggle, possible war between Japan/Germany, meanwhile a love affair between pretty girl and the double agent that possibly could be the new Fuhrer. The plot thickened up at the end and the possibilities where it goes is infinite. I'm curious how they bring it all back to the real reality as in some of the scenes the Japanese trade minister had the magical ability to dream about and experience the real reality. It is set in 1962, so it was interesting when the Japanese Trade minister got into the real reality and saw progress and even some Rock-n-Roll scenes. Rock-n-Roll was not invented in the alternate reality as Black music was illegal in the Axis law.

LOL, I had a week off for vacation last week so had time to binge watch a show. I have never binge watched. First time. I thought it was a well done series. I'm sure there are others, but back to my reality and lack of time to binge watch. Now with season 3 I can just watch when the shows are released one at a time.
 07/19/2017 09:04 AM

DHodges34

Joined Forum: 07/31/2003

Agree with you Dave, my wife and I really liked it. It was admittedly a little slow during the middle of season 1, we almost stopped watching, glad we stuck with it!

Check out Peaky Blinders for your next binge watch, that and Narcos are my two favorites right now.
 07/19/2017 02:59 PM

Central Floridave

Thanks, I'll check them out. Anything to get me to football season on my new TV!
 12/19/2019 08:48 AM

Central Floridave

Well, last night I made it to the final show in Season 4. That's it according to Amazon. Season 3 I kind of watched and was disinterested but when season 4 was released last month (Nov/2019) I figured I'd pick back up with it and finish it. I was not disappointed.

Overall, i can see how some wouldn't like the show, but I'm glad I weathered thru season 3 and then just finished binge watching season 4 the past week. The ending was interesting and vague enough to keep you guessing and wanting more. I hope Amazon continues the series as although at times I lost interest, season 4 and the final season brought me back for closure.

Great show in my opinion.

12/19/2019 12:38 PM

Bamboo

I watched S4 and enjoyed it, also. It was good, but am glad then concluded it.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 12/19/2019 03:17 PM

johnnyboy

Just started it. That is one very attractive actress. I was watching with my wife actively not noticing that.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

12/20/2019 08:36 AM

Bamboo

Yeah, and she plays a cool role. If you like her you'd probably love "Outlander" on Netflix. My wife started watching that, more soap drama-ish, but kind of fun. The lady in outlater is the same person playing Ken Miles wife in Ford v. Ferrari. Pretty dang cute.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 12/21/2019 01:32 PM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Seemed to me like they just kinda slapped together the ending. As if the writers said "oh you're cancelling us?" OK- we're cancelling your good ending.

12/21/2019 02:55 PM

Central Floridave

Probably true on the hasty ending. The last couple of episoded did some rushed. Probably could have been better. Oh well. It is what it is.

I would have had John Smith's son in the other world survive the Vietnam war and then become a general himself. Then take over the military discover the portal and come back and defeat his dad's fascist regime and save the USA. Pay backs for killing him in the fascist america due to a 'dna defect'.
 12/21/2019 03:21 PM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: dropsolo

Originally posted by: Central Floridave

I admittedly can be a show snob at times and the high castle didn't meet my snobbish standards. I thought it was hokey and times.

You're not a snob. I tried to watch both High Castle and Handmaid but both put me to sleep. I wish I liked them because the concepts are great. I loved GoT all the way through, no complaints.

Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .