Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Daytona 500
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/19/2018 05:04 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/19/2018 05:04 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Well, , , , I have not "tuned in" to it in a few years, , , ,. But, decided to see how it was going after the half-way point. Well, OK.

Then, the commentators started talking about the end of the second stage? Hmmmm, , , , I'm thinking OK, so the guy leading XXX lap gets some points. Then, , , , the commentators start talking about the pits not being open yet?? What? Then, everybody starts pitting, , , , , OK. BUT, What the fuck is the pace car doing out? Then, what the fuck is "the green zone" at the start/finish line???? Do they do this shit at the end of all three "stages". WTF?

Just who in the F would think that anything like this would make the race more "exciting"? I guessing that now if you get wiped out in, let's say, the 29th lap, you get a participation trophy?

Fill me in. Otherwise, I'm done with NASCAR.

-------------------------
Dora Hates You

Edited: 02/19/2018 at 05:10 AM by dingpatch
 02/19/2018 04:02 PM

pompano

Joined Forum: 01/06/2005

it made for strategic planning to take my mom to Tomoka Brewing on Clyde Morris with no traffic while the race was going on.  Mom is a yankee and they had clams with bellies.  Not bad.  Beer was better.  Could barely hear the race from their patio.

02/20/2018 03:59 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Turning left and crashing the same car? The winner went through 3 cars for the week. To celebrate the victory he got a tatoo on his ass.

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 02/20/2018 06:15 AM

Burry

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

???
yup! i liked it better when they raced on the sand!!!

Surf, watch dust and hear loud engines !!!
the good old days...
Plus i could tell the different car models apart then!

Fabulous Hudson - driven by Marshall Teague
Lincoln - by Lee Petty
Nash - by EC Ramsey
Studebaker - Al Keller
Packard - Red Duvall
Ford - Fireball Roberts

better back then 4 sure!

BurrysBreak

Inflation caused The BIG BANG...look it up!
 02/20/2018 09:02 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Anyone know if Juans Club 92 is still open?

02/20/2018 05:33 PM

DaveFL76

Joined Forum: 08/16/2003

Originally posted by: dingpatch Well, , , , I have not "tuned in" to it in a few years, , , ,. But, decided to see how it was going after the half-way point. Well, OK. Then, the commentators started talking about the end of the second stage? Hmmmm, , , , I'm thinking OK, so the guy leading XXX lap gets some points. Then, , , , the commentators start talking about the pits not being open yet?? What? Then, everybody starts pitting, , , , , OK. BUT, What the fuck is the pace car doing out? Then, what the fuck is "the green zone" at the start/finish line???? Do they do this shit at the end of all three "stages". WTF? Just who in the F would think that anything like this would make the race more "exciting"? I guessing that now if you get wiped out in, let's say, the 29th lap, you get a participation trophy? Fill me in. Otherwise, I'm done with NASCAR.
Wow. Bizzare. I had no idea.

Is it as simple as 'They Found A Way To Increase Revenue for NASCAR?'

02/21/2018 04:35 AM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Well, don't get me wrong, I am not a "fan". Just like to watch some rubbin every once in a while.

Never been to the "Big D". Although, my father took us to the old track (A1A and Beach) a couple times way-back-when.

Dora Hates You
FORUMS : NPNR : Daytona 500

Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .