Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Arabian Sea Hurricane
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/25/2018 04:18 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/25/2018 04:18 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

This is probably going to wash that whole area into the sea, , , ,

-------------------------
Dora Hates You
 05/25/2018 04:58 AM

DaveFL76

Joined Forum: 08/16/2003

Wow that's a scary set up. I'm showing my ignorance, but I didn't realize they got hurricanes over there.
 05/25/2018 05:33 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

I didn't realize they got hurricanes over there.

Apparently their season peaks twice...

If you've followed tropical storms and hurricanes in the Atlantic Ocean over the years, you are probably familiar with the Atlantic hurricane season's single peak in activity that runs from August into early October. Those three months alone have accounted for 78 percent of the named storms over the course of a season since 1950. Several other ocean basins in the world, including the eastern Pacific and western Pacific, also have single peaks to their tropical cyclone seasons.

(Note: A tropical cyclone is what we refer to as a hurricane in the Atlantic Ocean.)

However, there is one spot in the world where the tropical cyclone season has two peaks. This location is the northern Indian Ocean, including the Bay of Bengal and Arabian Sea, which are separated by the Indian Peninsula. According to the National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), the first peak runs from April to June and the second from late September into early December. In summer months between these peaks, there is very little tropical cyclone activity. The India Meteorological Department says that even when one does form in those months, they tend to be weak monsoon depressions that move inland quickly with heavy rain.

So, what is the reason for this dual peak in the tropical cyclone season in the northern Indian Ocean?

weather

-------------------------
Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .