Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: DO NOT PUT OFF GOING TO THE DOCTOR
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/17/2018 05:07 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/04/2019 06:09 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

Originally posted by: TeeBirdForever Lol. Maybe I know something about science.
you work in one of the fields then? what are your thoughts on nad boosting/restoration using things like nr combined with recent advances in stem cell manipulation, organ replacement, and dna manipulation with crispr buying people enough additional time, both quality health span and life span, to reach escape velocity? really only need 30 more years tops
 02/04/2019 06:13 PM

RiddleMe

also senolytics, age inhibitors plus a few of the new possible breakers with potential, and some of the telomerase enhancing breakthroughs? also any thoughts on rapa itself or any of the rapalogs? it has translated cross species for multiple species perfectly, should do so for humans as well for at least a few extra years. i have numerous friends involved in research, unfortunately none local.

Edited: 02/04/2019 at 06:27 PM by RiddleMe
 02/04/2019 06:40 PM

TeeBirdForever

Joined Forum: 08/21/2016

http://time.com/5090112/infant-mortality-rate-usa/

Otherwise no jargon wars, thanks. Unless you have published something.

Edited: 02/04/2019 at 06:41 PM by TeeBirdForever
 02/04/2019 06:48 PM

TeeBirdForever

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_extension

As I suspected it's controversial. I think a cure for cancer would be a good start. That's a tough mountain to climb itself.

IMO, stopping the natural replacement process is a very bad idea. Also, part of life is coming to grips with death. It's a very important part of life. Many fare very poorly at this endeavor, IMO especially in this day, to their great detriment as your death informs your life.
 02/05/2019 03:52 AM

RiddleMe

Originally posted by: TeeBirdForever http://time.com/5090112/infant-mortality-rate-usa/ Otherwise no jargon wars, thanks. Unless you have published something.
not to be rude but infant mortality rates, while disgusting for our country, is completely irrelevant to what i said. also, there was no intent of jargon wars, it is simply the name of the tech. apologies, your sarcastic post earlier made me think you were in the field so my posts were with that in mind

Edited: 02/05/2019 at 07:28 AM by RiddleMe
 02/05/2019 03:58 AM

RiddleMe

Originally posted by: TeeBirdForever IMO, stopping the natural replacement process is a very bad idea. Also, part of life is coming to grips with death. It's a very important part of life. Many fare very poorly at this endeavor, IMO especially in this day, to their great detriment as your death informs your life.
disagree again. obviously we have very different viewpoints. i never bought in to deathism. it should be and eventually will be a choice regardless of individual viewpoint. people like you can choose to die, people like me will be able to choose to live. regardless of individual choices regarding death, cessation of deterioration and decay due to aging will benefit everyone.
 02/06/2019 08:11 AM

TeeBirdForever

I agree with this guy.

Sci Am
 02/06/2019 08:59 AM

RiddleMe

Originally posted by: TeeBirdForever I agree with this guy. Sci Am
the article is over 2 years old, before crispr was widely known, before senolytics, before mountains of cross species research on rapa and rapalogs, before numerous other advances, and obviously doesnt know both the breadth and extent of the breakthroughs made even relevant to two years ago. to top it off, he uses the third law of thermodynamics and a 12 year old paper as the basis for what he wrote. personally, this guy seems as much of an expert on this subject as trump does on the environment. i give it just as much weight
 02/06/2019 09:01 AM

RiddleMe

obviously life insurance companies disagree with this guy, they routinely write policies to 120 now.
 02/06/2019 09:16 AM

TeeBirdForever

The second law, not the third law. The third law is pretty esoteric; the second law is a wide ranging and profound discovery that sets limits on the effective use of energy.

The article seems to state that living until 120 is probably achievable. "If it helps more of us live healthy lives up to the ceiling of some 120 years, that would be welcome progress, but let's not delude ourselves into believing radical life extension is around the corner." By radical I assume he means beyond 120.

Misses like these make me even more skeptical, sorry.

Finally where is an overview of the huge breakthroughs of the last two years..."numerous other advances"?
 02/06/2019 09:38 AM

RiddleMe

research some of the items i mentioned. regarding summaries or overviews, google it maybe? not my source of info. i have several direct plugs, coupled with my interest and piles of research i have poured through. oh, yeah my bad. he did use 2nd law, not third. still irrelevant.

Edited: 02/06/2019 at 09:49 AM by RiddleMe
 02/06/2019 09:48 AM

RiddleMe

breaking into second post cause line breaks dont work for me. as a starting point look at cellular senescence and senolytics, restoration and rejuvenation of mitochondrial function, NAD+ via things like NR/NAM, AGEs AGE inhibitors and breakers, increased understanding of DNA expression/RNA, and how tech like CRISPR or similar can be used. just a starting point to get a better idea of the big picture. there is so so so much more.
 04/29/2019 08:43 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

My very best friend, Cocoa Beach local, is having open heart surgery on Tuesday. Some is genetic, but a lot is lifestyle. For your health. Consider where you are at. Check those blood chems. Review your diet, exercise. Other wise: when and where is the paddle out?

-------------------------
So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 04/29/2019 07:51 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Originally posted by: jdbman

My very best friend, Cocoa Beach local, is having open heart surgery on Tuesday. Some is genetic, but a lot is lifestyle. For your health. Consider where you are at. Check those blood chems. Review your diet, exercise. Other wise: when and where is the paddle out?

Yep, and then factor in our environment. Styrofoam and bleached paper cups filled with scalding hot liquid, plastic packaging made God knows where and under God knows what conditions, vegetable soaked in weed killer, heavy metals in fish, carcinogens in farm raised seafood, exhaust spewing from the truck in front to you, micro plastics everywhere...

Either science needs to get busy or we need to get smarter about our physical world.

I was right.
 04/30/2019 04:28 AM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

When I was growing up it was, , , , "Better living through chemistry".

Dora Hates You
 05/12/2019 02:08 PM

TONYlookaround

Joined Forum: 08/29/2004

Nationalize health care !

it's never too late to have a happy childhood...

05/12/2019 11:38 PM

RocketSurf

Joined Forum: 03/20/2014

Some great information on this thread.....but I just wanted to drop a little levity into the situation
 05/13/2019 09:44 PM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: RocketSurf

Some great information on this thread.....but I just wanted to drop a little levity into the situation

Remember this ad in surf rags?

05/15/2019 06:55 AM

tom

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

add a signature since I'm here in profile anyway
 05/15/2019 01:10 PM

TeeBirdForever

Most people the same age as me fall into two categories.

Wise and getting wiser.

Getting crazier and less rational by the day.

It's too late now, hahaha.
FORUMS : NPNR : DO NOT PUT OFF GOING TO THE DOCTOR

<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .