Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Where to go for snow sports out of Denver March 9th-16th
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/18/2018 12:48 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/18/2018 12:48 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

Going to land in Denver march 9th-16th any ideas on where to go for snowboarding?

Jumped on tix today, and now looking for options would prefer a night or two of ski in ski out.

-------------------------
I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 12/18/2018 05:23 AM

palerider

Joined Forum: 03/09/2005

We enjoy A-basin and Mary Jane but you can't go wrong boarding anywhere in CO.
Have fun.

Style is what you make it!
 12/18/2018 05:24 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

Vail is close to lots of great slopes; Beaver Creek, A-basin, keystone (night skiing) as well as lots of cool bars and shops.

the same company operates all of the lifts mentioned above and you can buy a week pass that's good for all of the mountains.

Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.
 12/18/2018 05:59 AM

TeeBirdForever

Joined Forum: 08/21/2016

I'm going to Breckenridge later this month but you have a lot of choices at (Loveland, no ski in tho) and past (Summit and Eagle county) the divide, which is a bit of a drive from Denver. Nothing closer.

You might take a look at Copper. Would be cheaper to stay in Dillon/Silverthorne and make the short drive everyday.
 12/18/2018 07:20 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Copper is my favorite in Summit. Loveland is worth a look on the way; cool terrain and tons of wind lips, perfect for good surfers.

I was right.
 12/19/2018 05:51 PM

Central Floridave

I was just at Winter Park/Mary Jane. Tons of snow for early season. My friend is at telluride and he says they are getting dumped on. Good year for snow in colorado! Have fun.
 12/20/2018 09:18 PM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

Originally posted by: Cole

Copper is my favorite in Summit. Loveland is worth a look on the way; cool terrain and tons of wind lips, perfect for good surfers.

haha! I pretend Im good on the slopes, "tree barrels" and laybacks.

one thing that never fails is the outside ankle on my front foot gets super sore from the boots(rentals) anyone else run into this? I think i am over compensating the need to steer on the front foot vs the back...

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 12/22/2018 10:37 AM

dropsolo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Taking this year off for many reasons.

But keystone and breakenridge are the only places I've stayed. I like keystone much more than brek, much better managed crowds. A basin is also fun but there's no lodging there (or next to none). It's an easy drive from KS.

If this is a family type of trip. I know people that swear that steamboat is made for family fun.

If it's a stag dude trip. Brek offers somewhat of a night life scene. Not much going on in the village of keystone.

Have fun.

I type on fone 99% of time. Let the typos slyde. Thanks
 12/23/2018 01:46 PM

Cole

Originally posted by: stokedpanda

Originally posted by: Cole

haha! I pretend Im good on the slopes, "tree barrels" and laybacks.

one thing that never fails is the outside ankle on my front foot gets super sore from the boots(rentals) anyone else run into this? I think i am over compensating the need to steer on the front foot vs the back...

A guy at Loveland said he would take us cross the ridge to some unspoiled terrain. We had to drop a steep powder section; he bombed it and stood at the bottom to wait for us. We took our time doing long carves and slashes, when we got where we were going he asked us where we were from and laughed when we said Cocoa Beach. He said there was no doubt we were surfers. lol

I was right.
 12/24/2018 02:00 PM

TeeBirdForever

Joined Forum: 08/21/2016

Ha, that's great!

Panda, are you using your foot or your leg? If you crouch you can use your lower downhill leg to steer as it follows your turning shoulders (surfing leads w shoulders too) and relax your foot. Or maybe the fit is bad? Hard to say. As a longboarder I have to resist the urge to stand too upright.
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .