Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: March Madness is getting close...
Topic Summary: abd my team may get in.
Created On: 02/21/2019 07:12 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/29/2019 05:54 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

Purdue had the best game of their existence. Tennessee played very well but Purdue's star shot threes without missing time after time. Without one stupid foul at the end, Tennessee would have taken it. Purdue get the OT and runs away with it. Great game.

Now that foul call ( on the Vols, at the end of regulation) was a VERY bad call. Vol player never touched the shooter.

Then there was some VERY shaky time keeping work (clock started on the inbound pass, before touched by anyone) .... and then slow officiating to get the TO that cost the Vols at least 1 second .... and then the end of game horn sounded before the inbound pass was touched again!!

-------------------------
"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.

Edited: 03/29/2019 at 05:57 AM by LBLarry
 03/29/2019 02:27 PM

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I watched purdue game as well. let a 18 point lead evaporate only to win it in OT.

Duke tonight. Houston also. FSU fizzes out last night.
 03/29/2019 02:34 PM

TeeBirdForever

Joined Forum: 08/21/2016

Well to be fair, Tenn starting showing up after that lead was established. They are a tough team and probably should have won.
 03/29/2019 03:08 PM

LBLarry

Originally posted by: Central Floridave

I watched purdue game as well. let a 18 point lead evaporate only to win it in OT.

Duke tonight. Houston also. FSU fizzes out last night.

That FSU gme surprised me ..... did not see it but looking at the box score, apparently FSU could not hit water from the boat last night.

I really thought that Gonzaga was way over rated .... and still not totally sold .... but so far they have earned their #1 ranking,

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

03/29/2019 03:12 PM

LBLarry

Originally posted by: TeeBirdForever

Well to be fair, Tenn starting showing up after that lead was established. They are a tough team and probably should have won.

To be fair .... both teams left a LOT of points at the free throw line. Both shot a less than stellar 50% from the stripe.

03/31/2019 05:53 PM

Central Floridave

Some entertaining games. Final Four set.
 04/01/2019 06:53 AM

TeeBirdForever

Joined Forum: 08/21/2016

UVA Purdue was a heartbreaker. I do think the better team won.
 04/04/2019 05:47 PM

johnnyboy

I never saw Auburn getting past the second round. I thought they were a fluke when they took the SEC. There is now plenty of evidence they deserve their victories but I still think their luck runs out next game. Again. My brackets are dead.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

04/04/2019 08:44 PM

LBLarry

I never saw Auburn getting past the second round. I thought they were a fluke when they took the SEC. There is now plenty of evidence they deserve their victories but I still think their luck runs out next game. Again. My brackets are dead.

I am somewhat surprised as well .... combo of hot 3 point shooting a veteran leadership.

The history of this tourny is full of teams that caught fire at this time of year ,,,, you just never know.

Edited: 04/04/2019 at 08:44 PM by LBLarry
 04/05/2019 04:34 AM

johnnyboy

I thought wofforf would be the Cinderella story. I thought Tennessee would be great. I was on the UCF bandwagon until they were robbed. So many great games so close together.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

04/06/2019 08:52 AM

LBLarry

I thought wofforf would be the Cinderella story. I thought Tennessee would be great. I was on the UCF bandwagon until they were robbed. So many great games so close together.

- They were a LOT of peoples cinderalla pick

- Tennessee could have and should have gone deeper into the tourny. As great fo a player as Grant Williams is, he has a very concerning habit of just disappearing in critical games.

UCF was NOT robbed!!! The call on Fall was the correct one

04/07/2019 06:36 AM

Central Floridave

Auburn Virginia game last night was a fun watch.
 04/07/2019 10:20 AM

LBLarry

Originally posted by: Central Floridave

Auburn Virginia game last night was a fun watch.

it was ..... BUT !!

Auburn got BURNED in a major way.. Not on the 3 point shot because that was a foul by Auburn ....... HOWEVER, that shot never should have happened!!

When Va player Ty Jerome lost the ball off his calf and started his dribble again (without any other player first touching the ball) it was a "double dribble" and should have been Auburn's ball on a Va turnover ..... and the 3 point attempt / foul (and subsequent winning point) would have never happened.

Damn tough way for War Damn Eagle to lose!!

04/08/2019 08:05 AM

johnnyboy

The double dribble off the ankle was easy to miss until the highlight reel. Human error is baked into the game. Auburn played very well.

04/08/2019 12:09 PM

LBLarry

Somewhat true that the DD was somewhat easy to miss (even Bruce Pearl is saying to get over it and move on) ..... BUT the trailing ref SHOULD have been in position to see it on that play. In those situations / circumstances that is what they are trained to do.

I totally agree that Auburn played very well (from the start of the SEC Tourny) .... when they got down by 10 with 5 mins to play, I thought they were done. But they showed determination and veteran leadership to not only get back in it but damn near win.

Edited: 04/08/2019 at 12:11 PM by LBLarry
 04/08/2019 09:03 PM

johnnyboy

Madre de dios. That was magnificent. Va the hard way. Nothing but respect for Texas. Va shot 12 for 12 free throws in OT. This was a great tournament and so entertaining.

04/09/2019 07:28 AM

Central Floridave

was entertaining. anyone catch the women's final on Sunday? No crying in basketball! LOL, Not.

FORUMS : NPNR : March Madness is getting close...

<< 1 2 3 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .