Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Creepy...
Topic Summary: Giant Tic Tac' and Other Hypersonic UFOs Spotted by Navy Pilots
Created On: 05/29/2019 06:37 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/29/2019 06:37 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

A few more interesting details..

'Giant Tic Tac' and Other Hypersonic UFOs Spotted by Navy Pilots

By Mindy Weisberger 8 hours ago Spaceflight

In 2014 and 2015, pilots with the U.S. Navy reported multiple UFO sightings during training maneuvers. In 2014 and 2015, pilots with the U.S. Navy reported multiple UFO sightings during training maneuvers.

Between 2014 and 2015, seasoned pilots in the U.S. Navy experienced a number of harrowing encounters with UFOs during training missions in the U.S. While pilots were mid-flight, their aircraft cameras and radar detected seemingly impossible objects flying at hypersonic speeds at altitudes up to 30,00 feet (9,144 meters); these mysterious UFOs did so with no visible means of propulsion, The New York Times reported on May 26.

However, none of the pilots suggest that these perplexing UFOs represent an extraterrestrial invasion, according to The Times, which previously wrote about Navy pilots encountering UFOs in 2004.

In total, six pilots who were stationed on the aircraft carrier U.S.S. Theodore Roosevelt between 2014 and 2015 told The Times about spotting UFOs during flights along the southeastern coast of the U.S., extending from Virginia to Florida.

Two of the pilots who spoke with The Times about the inexplicable sightings share their stories in the new History Channel documentary series "Unidentified: Inside America's UFO Investigation," premiering May 31.

Video of two aerial encounters appears in the series, showing clips of UFOs: one tiny white speck and one large, dark blob. These UFOs later came to be known respectively as "Go Fast" and "Gimbal."

The objects had "no distinct wing, no distinct tail, no distinct exhaust plume," Lt. Danny Accoin, one of the Navy pilots who reported UFO sightings beginning in 2014, said in the documentary.

"It seemed like they were aware of our presence, because they would actively move around us," Lt. Accoin said.

According to Lt. Accoin, when a strange reading shows up on radar for the first time, it's possible to interpret it as a false alarm, "but then when you start to get multiple sensors reading the exact same thing, and then you get to see a display, that solidifies it for me.".

Accoin told The Times he encountered UFOs twice, during flights that were a few days apart. He also said that though tracking equipment, radar and infrared cameras on his aircraft detected UFOs both times, he was unable to capture them on his helmet camera.

Lt. Ryan Graves, an F-18 pilot, said in the documentary that a squadron of UFOs followed his Navy strike group up and down the eastern coast of the U.S. for months. And in March, 2015, after the Roosevelt was deployed to the Arabian Gulf, Graves said the UFOs reappeared.

"We did have issues with them when we went out to the Middle East," Lt. Graves said.

Pilots who spotted the UFOs speculated among themselves that the unnerving objects may have belonged to a highly classified drone program using unknown technology, and they did not consider them to be extraterrestrial in origin, The Times reported. T

Lt. Graves and others are speaking out now because what they saw raised concerns for them about their comrades and national security, Christopher Mellon, a former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Intelligence, told the History Channel.

In 2015, following this spate of UFO sightings, the U.S. Navy issued official guidelines for personnel to report and investigate aerial objects, according to The Times. Those Navy protocols were updated earlier this year; all data will be classified information and will not be made available to the general public, Live Science previously reported.

"Unidentified: Inside America's UFO Investigation" airs on the History Channel on May 31 at 10 p.m. ET/9 p.m. CT.

-------------------------
 05/30/2019 03:37 AM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

It's basically old news but, the media is picking it up like it is "new", being that the Navy apparently just released some more info about the incidents.

And, in any case, there is "something" out there. Mrs Dingpatch told me, , , , "I've been in that room. I've been in the "weirdo room" at Wright-Patterson AFB." She had Majestic/D-5 clearance.

Dora Hates You
 05/30/2019 04:45 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

06/03/2019 06:33 AM

scombrid

https://www.metabunk.org/nyt-gimbal-video-of-u-s-navy-jet-encounter-with-unknown-object.t9333/ There's other threads on this particular topic. A lot of the UFOs are unidentified but pretty explainable by mundane reasons. Old thread on another forum updated due to recent attention.

Edited: 06/03/2019 at 06:35 AM by scombrid
 06/03/2019 10:12 AM

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

mundane reasons being aliens of course
 06/04/2019 05:34 AM

tom

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

add a signature since I'm here in profile anyway
 06/05/2019 07:03 AM

3rdworldlover

Rolling Stone reporting that Blink 182 guitarist is behind the recent release of this new footage to the NYT.

http://www.rollingstone.com/mu...content=later-2457109

So that UFO footage that the Times posted - explain what that is.
It's gun-camera footage. And what people don't understand is they could be many, many miles away. But they're zoomed in on an object. And even when the object just bounces an inch on the screen, that means it could've gone from zero to 20,000 miles an hour in a snap of your fingers. It's a big deal even though it just looks like a little blob. But if you're a pilot, or if you're a radar operator, or a trained military observer, you know exactly what that is and it's scary to them. Because things don't do that. There's no wings; there's no plume on the infrared cameras. You will see an outline of a plane. You will see the fire coming out of the back - these crafts don't have that. They're circular or disc-like in shape. They have blurred edges. They have observability. They have positive lift and all these different factors that the government has identified. Any one of these things - they call them these five observables, and any one of them, if a country were to get one of these five, it would be a paradigm shift. A game-changing national-security issue. And these craft have five of them.
What we're showing Congress, and what we've been doing in the Senate, that we're now bringing out to the American people and the world, it's like, "This is fucking real. And it's real scary, so let's get our stuff together and deal with it."
 06/05/2019 05:17 PM

fishkller

I'm not one to jump waaaaaaaay out to "it's aliens"

but I did watch the new History channel show on these incidents.

The part that creeped me out was that the first pilots from the Nimitz who encountered the "thing"

were not going by radar, or cameras. They were right there, and had **eyes on it**

Multiple, quite credible pilots.

All said it looked like a "white tic tac" approx 40 feet in length and that it had created a white-washed area in the middle of the ocean, as if it had come out of the water, or was disturbing it.

Then it flew around erractically at very high speed, and then zipped out to the horizon at crazy speed... where it was again picked up by radar 60 miles away in about 30 seconds.

The camera/ video stuff came from a second mission that took place right after theirs.

"Alien" or not.. whatever it was.. is creepy.

I definitely recommend watching the show: "Unidentified: Inside America's UFO Investigation"

06/06/2019 05:05 AM

dingpatch

I grew up here on the Space Coast and have otherwise lived my whole life here. My father had been a Marine Cops Combat Photog and he moved the family here in early 1954. He worked for RCA taking stills and film of the early rocket launches. So, I more-or-less learned that the guys at The Cape were the absolute last word when it came to ANYTHING regarding "space". Anyway, , , ,

I was drafted into the Army on December 7, 1972. Apollo 17 had launched very early that morning before I got on the bus to the induction center in Jacksonville. We had partied so very hard on the beach down towards Sebastian Inlet. I was still deeply stoned during the whole bus ride. Anyway, , , ,.

The Army sent me to Fort Knox for basic. It was the worst winter there in 20 years so, we ended up having a lot of "down time" because of the snow and very low temperatures. And, additionally, the fort was getting ready to close down for Christmas. So, it was a day that we were hanging around inside the barracks waiting for fresh linen for our bunks. I'm not too sure of the date but the Apollo capsule had just returned from the moon and splashed down on the 19th. A group of us were sitting and standing around in my bunk bay area. We were "introducing" ourselves to each other, etc. I was standing at the foot of my bunk. It came to my turn and I told them about my life here in Satellite Beach and Cocoa Beach, etc., and that my last free night was spent watching the launch of Apollo 17, etc.

Well, the young kid who had the top bunk with me; we'll call him Jimmy Billy Bob (he was from "way up in the hills" of Kentucky and picked what teeth he had with a metal pin), asked if we were going to find any space men with flying sauces on the moon, etc. I was taken a little back and informed him that No, there is no life on the moon, and there are NO such things as "flying saucers" and "space men". The guys at The Cape are the absolute tops and they would have figured all that out long ago, , , , etc.

But then! I was 21 when I was drafted and there was a group of much older guys from the "mid-West" that were National Guard or Reserves who had been called up to take their Basic Training. One of those guys was sitting at the head of my bunk. He interjects by stating that flying saucers are real, his father has seen one, and his father told him all about it. I did my very best not to "roll my eyes" and say anything. He proceeds to tell his father's story. OK, interesting but, way too far out for sensible, in-the-know, folks like me.

Flash forward to 1986. We're sitting in our living room watching TV when "Unsolved Mysteries" comes on. Robert Stack starts talking about some UFO that crashed in New Mexico in 1947. I'm like "oh boy, here we go", , , ,. The show starts getting to the heart of the matter and I get a Super Rush of Chicken Skin all over my body! This is the same exact story that the guy in the Army told back in 1972. WHAT THE, , , ,???!!! His father was in the Army Air Corps/Air Force and was a crew member on one of the aircraft that flew into Roswell from Ft. Worth. The guy at Ft. Knox said that his father and the rest of the crew had no idea why they were going to Roswell but, when they got there things got REALY intense. He said lots of the people they dealt with were "white as sheets" and had dead-serious "looks" on their faces, etc. His father helped load the aircraft up and they flew back to Ft. Worth and then on to Wright-Patterson AFB.

Dora Hates You
 06/06/2019 07:55 AM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

I just hear an interesting interview on Joe Rogan where a woman talks about aliens being a hoax created by US and Soviets. They were making fake "aliens" and "space ships" as propaganda to create havoc ala' War of the Worlds. She speculates that both governments went so far as surgically altering people to look like aliens and dropping them in flying saucer shaped early drones.......

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 06/06/2019 10:03 AM

dingpatch

Flash forward to the mid-1990s. Nel and I are sitting on the sofa watching the 1994 made-for-TV movie "Roswell". I was pretty interested in such things by then. Nel did not seem to be paying much attention, or even watching for that matter. She hadn't said a word either way. Well, , , , ,

It gets to the point in the flick where Secretary of the Navy/Secretary of Defense Forrestal is at Wright-Patterson, in the fabled "hanger 18" inspecting the alien bodies for President Truman. When, OUT OF THE BLUE, Nel says "I've been there". I said something like ", , , , sure, you said that you went to Wright-Pat a lot". She says "No, I've been there, I've been in that room. I've been in the "Weirdo Room" at Wright-Pat". I did not say another word and did my best to keep from puking and otherwise pooping my pants!!!!! I Kid You Not!!! I never asked her anything about it and she never again said another word about it. But, my Nel has "matter of factly" been in "that room" with the General. What's a "weirdo"????!!!!

Dora Hates You

Edited: 06/07/2019 at 08:33 AM by dingpatch
 06/07/2019 07:15 AM

3rdworldlover

I'm one of those have to see it myself types. The camera artifact explanation seems most likely. However, the eyewitness accounts are convincing, along with the recordings of pilots.
 06/07/2019 07:23 AM

dingpatch

The "camera artifact" thingy may seem very reasonable to us "man on the street" types. But, Navy pilots KNOW what they are seeing. Make no doubt about it.

I've seen what advanced IR imaging can do. From 30K feet they can tell you which shingles need replaced on your roof. From 70 miles out they can differentiate between a sedan and a SUV.

Dora Hates You
 06/07/2019 07:40 AM

scombrid

The FLIR artifacts very well explain the "Gimbal" video. For example, the object "flips" as the plane banks left and the camera rotates right. The object "flip" is most likely an artifact of IR glare interacting with the camera. You might be able to see things in super detail with FLIR but the glare issue is still there with objects that are much hotter than immediate surroundings and the glare does funny things on the screen when the camera moves. But that video is a completely different "encounter" from the Nimitz "Tic Tac" where we are to believe that they actually had eyes and radar on the object. That is the nature of debunking. You rule out the bunk so that you don't chase your tail and can go after more interesting things.

Edited: 06/07/2019 at 07:45 AM by scombrid
 06/07/2019 07:55 AM

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

watched the first episode. the credentials of the people involved are impressive. different pilots seeing the same thing. interesting so far
 06/07/2019 03:39 PM

fishkller

Yes I agree- the Gimbal explanation I understand and there is a good arguement for it. I'm not one to just jump to an "alien" conclusion.

But the first mission that originally saw the object firsthand by credible, skilled pilots- not through video - that's what creeps me out. I'm still not one to jump to "alien" but that could only mean whatever it was comes from some country. which is equally creepy.

Either way.. very strange.

06/20/2019 12:56 PM

dingpatch

Senators get classified briefing on UFO sightings
Politico By Bryan Bender,Politico 5 minutes ago

Three more U.S. senators received a classified Pentagon briefing on Wednesday about a series of reported encounters by the Navy with unidentified aircraft, according to congressional and military officials - part of a growing number of requests from members of key oversight committees.

One of them was Sen. Mark Warner (D-Va.), the vice chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, whose office confirmed the briefing to POLITICO.

"If naval pilots are running into unexplained interference in the air, that's a safety concern Senator Warner believes we need to get to the bottom of," his spokesperson, Rachel Cohen, said in a statement.

The interest in "unidentified aerial phenomenon" has grown since revelations in late 2017 that the Pentagon had set up a program to study the issue at the request of then-Sen. Harry Reid (D-Nev.). Officials interviewed multiple current and former sailors and aviators who claim to have encountered highly advanced aircraft that appeared to defy the laws of aerodynamics when they intruded on protected military airspace - some of which were captured on video and made public.

The Navy has played a prominent role in light of the testimony of F/A-18 pilots and other personnel operating with the USS Nimitz aircraft carrier battle group off California in 2004 and the USS Theodore Roosevelt in the Atlantic in 2015 and 2016.

The growing congressional interest is credited for playing a major role in the service's recent decision to update the procedures for reporting such unexplained sightings, which POLITICO first reported in April.

"Navy officials did indeed meet with interested congressional members and staffers on Wednesday to provide a classified brief on efforts to understand and identify these threats to the safety and security of our aviators," spokesman Lt. Cmdr. Daniel Day said in a statement.

He said "follow-up discussions with other interested staffers" were also scheduled for Thursday. "Navy officials will continue to keep interested congressional members and staff informed. Given the classified nature of these discussions, we will not comment on the specific information provided in these Hill briefings."

The briefings come several days after President Donald Trump told ABC News that he, too, had been briefed on the reports. "I did have one very brief meeting on it," he said. "But people are saying they're seeing UFOs. Do I believe it? Not particularly."

But several current and former officials with direct knowledge describe the Capitol Hill briefing as the latest for members of Congress and their staff representing the Intelligence, Armed Services and Defense Appropriations panels.

"There are people coming out of the woodwork," said one former government official who has participated in some of the meetings.

A current intelligence official added: "More requests for briefings are coming in."

The sessions have been organized by the Navy but have also included staff from the under secretary of Defense for Intelligence, the sources said. Both were not authorized to talk publicly about the briefings.

Advocates for giving the mystery greater attention say they hope Congress will take more formal steps, such as requiring the Department of Defense to collect and complete a detailed analysis of data collected by satellites and other means of unidentified craft intruding into military airspace or operating under the sea.

Dora Hates You
 06/21/2019 10:09 AM

tom

add a signature since I'm here in profile anyway
 06/21/2019 03:18 PM

wehorde

Joined Forum: 08/26/2004

I have to pipe in on this... In 1976 I lived in Samoa.

We had amazing views of the Milky Way and frequently saw satellites and flares, very common.

One night my family and has just pulled in the driveway, looked up and noticed a "satellite" moving across the sky.. Oh look!

Then it stopped in its tracks and proceeded to move very quickly in a triangular pattern (still very high up), then stopped again. Then shot up and out into space. Given the altitude, the triangular pattern must have been dozens of miles from point to point. The speed this thing moved was incredible. The course changes were sharp and precise.

We all looked at each other and were like "Did you just see what I think we saw?"

Five different people, all sober. WTF?

Worst thing I ever read - "No tropical cyclones at this time"

Edited: 06/21/2019 at 03:19 PM by wehorde
 06/22/2019 08:57 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

And they are watching the military?

I was right.
FORUMS : NPNR : Creepy...

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146493 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .