Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Floriduh Amateur golfer DQ
Topic Summary: "serious misconduct and failing to play in the spirit of the game,"
Created On: 07/17/2019 11:56 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/17/2019 11:56 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

Truly, Trey Bilardello had to work at it to shoot a U.S. Amateur qualifying score in the triple digits. There's nothing beside Bilardello's name but a "DQ" on the scoring page for the Mayacoo Lakes qualifier in West Palm Beach, Fla., but that's only because Bilardello was disqualified by the Florida State Golf Association by purposely shooting a score that exceeded 200.

According to a report by GolfChannel.com, Bilardello, a professional caddie who has worked for such recognizable names as Jim Herman and Moriya Jutanugarn, parred the opening two holes in the qualifier, made triple bogey at the next and then took his score purposely off the rails from there. On 10 holes, he made a score in the double digits.

Kristian Fortis, the player paired with Bilardello, told Golf Channel that Bilardello spent much of the day purposely running up his score after telling Fortis that he wanted to shoot the highest recorded score in USGA history.

Fortis managed a 66 despite the distraction, but did not qualify for the U.S. Amateur.

In a statement to Golf Digest, the USGA said that Bilardello was disqualified after the completion of play.

"The Florida State Golf Association, after consulting with the United States Golf Association, has disqualified Trey Bilardello under Rule 1.2 for serious misconduct and failing to play in the spirit of the game," Beth Major, USGA senior director of championship communications, told Golf Digest.

"His disqualification was deemed appropriate as a result of the individual's failure to show consideration for other players - deliberately playing away from the hole to run up his score," Major said.

amatuer golf

I've blown up on holes, and thrown my clubs, broken a pitching wedge, and sworn I'd never play again, but daaaaaaamn!

-------------------------
Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.

Edited: 07/17/2019 at 11:58 AM by worksuxgetsponsered
 07/17/2019 01:28 PM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

That's a course you could score 200 on if you didn't shave strokes.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

07/17/2019 03:52 PM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

Was his partner a fat guy with an orange spray tan and a lame toupee?

It's a democratic hoax
 07/18/2019 04:36 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

I'm not familiar with that course. My favorite is The Florida Club, in Hobe Sound. Difficult to get on during the season, but they offer great summer deals. I got to play Jupiter Hills a couple of times with my buddy that caddy's out there and it's a really tough track.

07/18/2019 05:17 AM

waterlizard25

Joined Forum: 07/18/2012

Originally posted by: nukeh2o Was his partner a fat guy with an orange spray tan and a lame toupee?
Nahhh he sounds like the kind of guy that would team up with ol Bill Clinton.. Getting bjs from mistresses drinking miller light and cruising on the golf carts.. HAH!
 07/18/2019 07:38 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Kristian Fortis, the player paired with Bilardello,....
...Fortis managed a 66 despite the distraction, but did not qualify for the U.S. Amateur.

Yeah, sounds like a real schmuck.....

NPNR

07/18/2019 10:33 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Putt from tee to hole?

I was right.
 07/18/2019 11:39 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Dave Duval had a pretty rough outing in The Open too.....

Duval started his day off hot with consecutive birdies on Nos. 1 and 2, but things quickly spiraled from there. He followed that up with pars on Nos. 3 and 4, then went quadruple bogey-bogey before going completely off the rails with a 9 over. His 14 is the highest score at The Open since at least 1983, shattering the previous high of 11 that had been shared by four players. It was previously deemed a 13 -- an octuple bogey -- but after his round the R&A determined he in fact took 14 strokes on the hole, making it a nonuple bogey.

CBS Sports
He played the wrong effing ball OUCH! come on dude, your balls literally have your name imprinted on them.....

Edited: 07/18/2019 at 11:41 AM by worksuxgetsponsered
Statistics
146493 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .