Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Real Estate Investors/Surfers
Topic Summary: I had a dream
Created On: 10/11/2019 10:15 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/29/2019 11:04 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

mattbujor

Joined Forum: 11/08/2013

Originally posted by: SurferMic quick list (sorry line spacing does not work for me) first you will need 3.5% of total cost as down payment cash or roll it into the loan. 2) Mortgage 3) Liability Insurance/General home insurance 3)Windstorm Insurance 4) 1 Million Umbrella Policy insurance to CYA 5) HOA fees (if any) 6) Landscaping fee 7) Property Management fees 8) Short Term Maint. (appliances, etc.) 9) Long Term Main (AC, roof, lost rent on turnovers) 10) LLC fees to the state 11)PO Box Fees 12) Pest Control fees 13) Eviction reserves (if needed Evictions cost $300.00) If you can buy a home and pay all of the above from the rent collected AND still have $ left over WIN...Good Luck! Next up how to leverage one property to purchase another...
Yeah I am looking for minimum around $300 net monthly income per door. I use 10% for management, short and long term I am conservative and pair together for 10%, no LLC or PO box fees or pest control as of yet. Insurances yes. how are you doing 3.5% of total cost as down payment?

-------------------------
 10/29/2019 11:07 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

mattbujor

Joined Forum: 11/08/2013

Originally posted by: SurferMic
Originally posted by: Matt - Interesting back ground! I have a few mentors in REI for specific niches. At the moment I'm still playing with different models trying to get one in each (multi, sfh, section 8, mobile, land, TNL, etc..) to determine which model I enjoy most. .
REPLY---I would target 4 plex's (4 units) they are considered Multi-family but NOT Commercial, once you go 5+ you are in a different game of Commercial REi. with a 4 plex IF you have a vacancy you are still collecting...in SFH if you have a vacancy...No $ comes in that month. 4 units and below are conventional loans, 5 units and above Commercial loans w additional items such as required business license, yearly fire inspections, just more complicated but both can be profitable just a nugget of advice
Thanks SurferMic! Yes I am aware of these. Have one MF and some SF, I have learned that down the road I don't want to own just one large commercial property as that'd be putting all my eggs in a basket so I am happy with my diversification as of yet. My goal is to keep acquiring class c/b properties with 20% down and giving it ~5-7 years to refi, pull cash out and purchase larger properties as by then I'd have more experience and I'd be using less leverage. I don't want to leverage myself too hard as of now.

-------------------------
FORUMS : NPNR : Real Estate Investors/Surfers

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .