Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: College football.
Topic Summary: Halfway through.
Created On: 10/17/2019 06:00 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/28/2019 06:19 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

Miami in snorefest win over @Pitt.

BUT ...... using Dave Math, The U is a better team than UCF by 5 points!!!!!

-------------------------
"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.
 10/28/2019 08:55 AM

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Yup. You've got bragging rights. At Pitt also. Impressive. I was down in ft lauderdale watching that game at a sports bar full of cane fans. A sad bunch. Not much cheering.
 10/29/2019 05:50 AM

LBLarry

There is very slightly more than absolute zero, to brag about with The U's football season ... and this who lost to who, by how much, an't part of it.

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

10/29/2019 07:05 AM

Central Floridave

Well, the ACC Coastal div is at a logjam with every team having at least two losses. They ain't out of it yet.
 10/29/2019 04:08 PM

johnnyboy

Well. Saturday is coming and the cocktail party in Jacksonville with it. Will the gators be the same team that beat auburn or will they be the team that almost lost to Miami.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

10/31/2019 06:25 AM

waterlizard25

Joined Forum: 07/18/2012

Miami at trailerhassee Sat 3:00. Both teams 4-4 WOOF. Should be a good one lmao
 10/31/2019 07:23 AM

Central Floridave

Games i'm interesting in this week

Thursday night: WVU @ #12 Baylor, Georgia Southern @ #20 Appy State

Friday night: Navy gonna run all over Uconn

Saturday:

Houston at UCF Noon. College football in our backyard. I'll be there. Hoping for a UCF blow out. UCF may creep back into top 25 with a win.
#8 Georgia #6 Florida 3:30.
Miami @FSU 3:30
#15 SMU at #24 Memphis ESPN College Gameday in Memphis. Is undefeated SMU for real?

Both LSU and Bama have a bye week before their battle of the titans matchup next weekend. Will Tua be healthy?!?

10/31/2019 08:44 AM

johnnyboy

I love App state. I think they are the best team in their little slice of the world.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

11/01/2019 09:55 AM

Central Floridave

Georgia Southern 24 App State 21 Final

You Cursed Them, like I did with Wisconsin. Please don't pull for UCF.
 11/01/2019 01:36 PM

LBLarry

Watched a good bit of the WVA / Baylor game ...... Baylor is WAY WAY over ranked!!!

11/01/2019 07:20 PM

OceanTerra

Joined Forum: 09/13/2011

Originally posted by: LBLarry

Watched a good bit of the WVA / Baylor game ...... Baylor is WAY WAY over ranked!!!

Got that right! Too bad the Knights suck on the road (Temple game was headed down that path too until they rediscovered how explosive their offense can be). Hardest part is both UCF losses were close and would've likely been wins at home. Bounce House and the fans are definitely their 12th man. Predicting Memphis smokes an overrated SMU team tomorrow too.
 11/03/2019 02:19 AM

LBLarry

Considering how poorly FSU played, The U should have scored twice as many points as they did. To a degree, a win is a win and I will take this one. But, damn I wish that I was seeing much more growth and progress with the team through the season.

You could take ALL of the defensive players on BOTH of SMU and Memphis and combine them into one squad .... and they would be at best an average Power 5 defense. While offense is fun to watch .... those are two horrible defenses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/03/2019 06:59 AM

johnnyboy

Speaking of horrible defense. The Gators get brought back down to earth. I too had them playing LSU in the playoffs for the SEC after LSU took out Bama. This is what happens when you think with your heart and not your head. The Gators played like they were beat from the beginning. The score was brought close but that is misleading. They played terribly.

11/03/2019 08:22 AM

Central Floridave

UCF vs Houston game was one big highlight reel

11/03/2019 12:56 PM

garcia

Joined Forum: 03/12/2007

My Gators went into the preseason bragging about their "best in the country" DBs. They have been exposed time after time, leaving receivers wide open at critical times. (Or, they turn out to have been critical after they run unimpeded to the end zone.) The rush was almost nonexistent, but, they only rushed three most of the game and the running game is pretty much a non-factor except to (attempt) to keep the other team's D-line honest. And, Mullen makes some "say what???" decisions each game, like sending Jones in on a critical drive for a play or two which kills all momentum. It's like he has a brain fart, then recovers. That said, I expected them to lose to Auburn, too, at the beginning of the season. So, we are ahead of the game all told. I hope Mullen matures as a head coach though. He's had 10 years experience, so, we'll see if that happens or if we settle into 10-2 every year.
 11/03/2019 01:36 PM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Just back from Tally. Manny Diaz the coach killer. ( Taggert canned ) Season salvaging win for the Canes.

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 11/04/2019 03:34 AM

Central Floridave

Willie Taggart didn't even get two years. LOL. Don't cry for him as he is now owed a 17 million dollar buy out.
 11/04/2019 03:36 AM

Central Floridave

FSU raised about $20 million in private donations to buy out what was left of Taggart's contract, sources told ESPN's Mark Schlabach. However, an FSU official denied that the money was raised for Taggart's buyout.

Under the terms of Taggart's six-year, $30 million contract, FSU's athletic department will owe him 85% of his remaining compensation through Jan. 31, 2024, which is between $17 million and $18 million. The Seminoles also paid Oregon a $3 million buyout when it hired him away from the Ducks in December 2017, as well as the remaining $1.3 million of a buyout that Oregon owed South Florida when it hired him in December 2016.
 11/04/2019 03:49 AM

Central Floridave

The first CFP poll comes out on Tuesday. Currently there are 4 teams from the American that are in the top 25 and none are UCF! SMU, NAVY, Memphis, and Cinci are in top 25. Although I think UCF is the best team in the American it is interesting to see others get respect.

11/04/2019 05:01 AM

LBLarry

I think UCF is the best team in the AmericanText

ROTGLMFAO !!!!!

I will give you this DavO ... you are consistent. Delosional, but consistent.

FORUMS : NPNR : College football.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .