Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Area 142
Topic Summary: City of Cocoa Beach singlehandedly destroying City's progress
Created On: 06/05/2023 11:34 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/20/2023 07:49 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

garcia

Joined Forum: 03/12/2007

Answer - It is a showplace for tackiness and fake tropicana
Question - What is Margaritaville
 06/20/2023 12:01 PM

426Blue

Joined Forum: 11/18/2007

I agree Cole - would be interesting to know what the hell kind of deal the 142 degenerate, tasteless owners got, whether in form of a lease or sale. Hopefully, they'll be gone soon, and someone with some taste and decency will put the place to better use. And did the City agree to the green outdoor rug spread over the entire place? WTF Maybe the City should invest in itself, purchase property, turn into a community center, catering to art and music. Oh...I forgot - the City's no. one criteria for approving anything is: will cruise ship customers flock here in droves to get drunk? Second criteria - the business must be adverse to permanent long term residents' interests. I'll never understand commissioners' unwavering commitment to the whims of businesses, catering to tourists. Nearly every time I hear a quote from commissioners or the mayor, they go out of there way to assure the public how pro-business they are. They still haven't figured out that when you focus on making a community into a place where people want to live, and can live, long term, it brings quality businesses in by default.
 06/20/2023 01:12 PM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Originally posted by: 426Blue I agree Cole - would be interesting to know what the hell kind of deal the 142 degenerate, tasteless owners got, whether in form of a lease or sale. Hopefully, they'll be gone soon, and someone with some taste and decency will put the place to better use. And did the City agree to the green outdoor rug spread over the entire place? WTF Maybe the City should invest in itself, purchase property, turn into a community center, catering to art and music. Oh...I forgot - the City's no. one criteria for approving anything is: will cruise ship customers flock here in droves to get drunk? Second criteria - the business must be adverse to permanent long term residents' interests. I'll never understand commissioners' unwavering commitment to the whims of businesses, catering to tourists. Nearly every time I hear a quote from commissioners or the mayor, they go out of there way to assure the public how pro-business they are. They still haven't figured out that when you focus on making a community into a place where people want to live, and can live, long term, it brings quality businesses in by default.
are you new? FLA , esp Brevard has been goin that way since...uhhh forever
 06/20/2023 08:37 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Several years ago the town was freaking out over the rambunctious weekend revelers and took steps to shut them down. There was even a big push to ban drinking on the beach. Now this? I totally agree, WTF?

I did see an ultra gorgeous female doing some sort of sexy dance on a post just inside the area, and I wanted to be offended.

-------------------------
I was right.
 06/27/2023 01:06 PM

waterlizard25

Joined Forum: 07/18/2012

Its been a long time coming but welcome to the shit show boys and girls. Used to be a ghost town, even the early 2000s no one cared about downtown cocoa beach area except Coconuts.. it was legit dead but peaceful as we liked. 30+ years later every piece of land beachside is flattened. Condos, Narrow Lot Houses and bars are all that matter. Just wait until Sat Beach has the resort done. HAH! Melbourne Margaritaville on the river.. Hah! 528 East coming into Cape Canav there was hoards of Orlando shmucks pulling on and off the highway with jet skis putting in there then going full speed, doing circles with disregard for anything or anyone. I guess FWC got sick of seeing it and thank God posted two HUGE No Wake Zone Mantatee signs right in front of where they typically park and unload. This place is doomed
 06/27/2023 07:50 PM

Cole

This place is doomed

The whole state you mean. I work in the sticks and the sticks are vanishing faster than bacon on the buffet.

I was right.
 07/16/2023 04:51 PM

FloridianSoul

Joined Forum: 12/17/2007

So really, Cocoa Beach? This is the best we can do for the premier parcel of real estate downtown?! Totally destroying the cool vibe downtown was developing.

"If you love NY, take I-95 north"
 07/22/2023 09:21 AM

Central Floridave

Area 142 posted on their facebook page that they are cancelling concerts now due to CB Commissioner new noise ordinance and threats to the local business. Just a fyi.
 07/22/2023 02:36 PM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

So really, Cocoa Beach? This is the best we can do for the premier parcel of real estate downtown?! Totally destroying the cool vibe downtown was developing.
soulman

Plus 1

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 07/24/2023 08:17 AM

FloridianSoul

Joined Forum: 12/17/2007

Originally posted by: Central Floridave Area 142 posted on their facebook page that they are cancelling concerts now due to CB Commissioner new noise ordinance and threats to the local business. Just a fyi.
Thank goodness!!!!!! I dislike that place more and more every time I drive by, hopefully this will help it transform into something beneficial for the area

"If you love NY, take I-95 north"
 10/04/2023 09:56 AM

Central Floridave

fyi, yesterday on Area 142 facebook they announced they have closed and cancelled all upcoming concerts. They also said they sold to an Orlando bar and are going to rebrand it.

Kind of interesting. Check their fb page for more info.
 10/04/2023 11:15 AM

426Blue

Joined Forum: 11/18/2007

Good riddance. Hopefully City won't be sleeping on the job re turnover to new owners, or will stop with their the philosophy that if it's good for one small business owner, then it's good for the residents and community. Now'd be a good time to tighten the screws. Biking around there a few weeks ago on a Friday or Sat. night, and once again, band (Cure cover band that actually sounded good) fully consuming all of downtown and beyond. I guess their new noise ordinance is not in effect yet, or meaningless? I feel for residents living within 4-5 blocks of downtown, and nearby businesses suddenly forced to compete with a wall of noise every Thursday - Sun.
 10/04/2023 12:17 PM

Central Floridave

my friend Todd is in that Cure cover band. They doing great with that. Travelling and pulling in big crowds.

My band is playing at Salty Sisters this Saturday. 6-10pm.

Area 142 was hiring a ton of tribute bands. The new Orlando bar owners seem to be successful in what they do. Will be interesting on how they rebrand that venue. They say still will have live music. I'm thinking probably will target younger people though.

Area 142 was pretty loud. We would be playing at hunkerdown and their sound system would overwelm us at times.
 10/04/2023 05:15 PM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Well, Okay, , , , , I've been reading all the pissing and moaning about this place. But, I ain't been down in Coo Coo Beach in some time, , , , ,

So, 2 weeks ago, I was driving through and, , , , , "What the fuck is that shit, , ,!!!!!?" "Oh, fucking A, that's that 142 thing.". !!!

WTF????????????????????????

Would they even, do they, have that shit in Daytona?

Dora Hates You
 10/05/2023 06:31 AM

Cole

Big rock show this weekend. There were changes at the top in the CB government, then new crowd must like loud rock. lol

http://area142.com/events/

I was right.

Edited: 10/05/2023 at 06:32 AM by Cole
 10/05/2023 11:15 AM

Central Floridave

All area 142 concerts are cancelled until further notice. The bar remains open while they remodel and rebrand, but all shows aren't happening.

On another note, The Surfing Santas just last week announced they were moving from Downtown CB to Sheppard Park. But, there was a pretty big backlash.

today it was announced the City of CB worked with Surfing Santas and it is now back in Downtown.
 10/06/2023 11:17 AM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Oh NO!!

You mean I can't see JACKYL or George LYNCH???

THIS SUCKS!!!

lololol

Zzzzzzz.. Zzzzzzz.. Braaaaaapp!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
 10/08/2023 10:23 AM

Cole

The place was packed last night. I wonder if they gave free drinks to all the JACKYLMOB fans who got axed by Cocoa Beach?

I was right.
 10/15/2023 05:46 AM

garcia

Joined Forum: 03/12/2007

Big article in today's FL Today. You CCB residents are going to LOVE the new concept!
 10/15/2023 08:52 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: garcia

Big article in today's FL Today. You CCB residents are going to LOVE the new concept!

OH JOY!

I was right.
FORUMS : NPNR : Area 142

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .