Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Florida beach drownings
Topic Summary: Mainly Panama City. Hordes of beachgoers, unequipped for the actual beach
Created On: 06/30/2023 05:17 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/30/2023 05:17 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

Washington Post story is well reported. The reporter found excellent people to talk to, although the US Lifesaving Association (USLA), while a valuable organization, is of course in favor of large, well funded lifeguarding/ocean rescue programs. There might be some room for somewhat different viewpoints. But as best I can tell, beach lifeguarding is fairly similar internationally. It's good for California, Australia, and New Zealand (and Hawai'i, which almost counts as another country) to have lifeguard exchange programs.
    A decade ago, I heard of a rip current symposium scheduled for Miami and asked, innocently enough, whether they were really a problem. In my experience, the problem was normally getting out. I'd liked Oregon's structural rips up against cliffs (check the Surfline cam for Otter Rock). A free ride out to the break! Anyway, I was encouraged to come join the meeting as a complete outsider.
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .