Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: What's up with the food Beachside in Brevard?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/19/2017 11:24 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/19/2017 11:24 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

FloridianSoul

Joined Forum: 12/17/2007

So I travel all over the state and I've traveled around the country quite a bit for work as well. I am from Florida and have lived in Brevard for 11 years  and I am so flabbergasted  as to why we have such a bad food scene Beachside.  Just simple  concepts like a good craft burger place, artisan pizza place,  or legit Mexican  seem to be nonexistent.  There certainly are a few good restaurants here and there,  but compared to what I find even around the rest of the state, we are really lacking. Does anyone have any ideas on why this is our solutions on how to make it better? I would rather spend my dollars dining out in Brevard, but I end up cooking most of the time instead because of the poor restaurant quality. 

-------------------------
"If you love NY, take I-95 north"
 08/19/2017 12:15 PM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

Which beach(es)?

Coasters in IHB makes a pretty crafty burger, and Fiesta Jalisco in IHB has some real Mexicans working there (but I can't speak to how truly authentic it is -- there are so many regions of Mexico with different food styles).
 08/20/2017 04:40 AM

harrietdubman

Joined Forum: 11/07/2015

that mediterranean place on 520 is great, pita paradise. mint lemonade brought me back to life after near heat stroke haha.

sneedeker

08/20/2017 11:11 AM

RegularJoe

Some co-workers from India also told me the Indian place on the N side of 520, just a few blocks from A1A, was the real deal. They'd drive from Melbourne to eat there.
 08/20/2017 12:46 PM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Way-back-in-the-day, , , ,

Mrs. Dingpatch and I went to Roy's in Orlando one night (it's our "go to" place in Orlando). I was wearing one of my Jams World shirts from Honolulu. The visiting Managing Partner recognized the shirt and came and sat with us. We talked about this-and-that, and then food. To our surprise he said that the very best place he'd found in Central Florida was Matt's Tropical Grill!.

Dora Hates You
 08/20/2017 02:04 PM

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

I loved Matt's Tropical Grill!!! Was bummed when it closed.   

The little lady and I enjoy Pineda Crossing as it is pretty close and I have never had a bad meal there.  Also, Grills....same thing, the food and service and everything on the menu is good to very good.  Plus, they have some good local bands that play there.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 08/21/2017 05:10 PM

Burry

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Lettuce sea!!!!

Son on The Beach..is unique and good
Dakine's is good.. double pork salad!!
Taco City...is Taco City
Coasters!!!...fun with beer!!!
Banana River Cafe...Excellent soups, and very creative specials!!!
Beachside Cafe in Indialantic is good!
Island Fish Grill next to it ! haven't ate there in a while but it was good!

BurrysBreak

Inflation caused The BIG BANG...look it up!
 08/21/2017 05:20 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

The Jungle

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 08/22/2017 07:50 AM

RegularJoe

The Fat Snook in CB is quite good, same for Trend Kitchen in IHB, but both are pricey.

I've heard good things about Mimi's Cuban Cafe on 5th in Indialantic, but not tried it yet.

Cuban Island (closer to Crowne Plaza on A1A) north of Indi' often has a crowd, but I haven't been there in years.

The Peruvian place "Pico Alto" at Indi Boardwalk is also good, and they're expanding or opening one next door called Brasa's or something like that.
 08/22/2017 07:58 AM

GreenLantern

Joined Forum: 10/02/2007

theres a cuban place at a1a and minuteman causeway in cocoa beach
 08/22/2017 12:46 PM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

The Fat Snook in CB is quite good
R Joe

It is excellent. Exceptional....Its New York "pricey" Hard to get out for less than $150 for 2.

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 08/22/2017 04:37 PM

RegularJoe

Agreed, although I've only been able to afford one date there. The Cuban place at A1A and Minutemen Cswy is called Roberto's. Been there several times and liked it every time.
 08/23/2017 05:39 AM

e11even

Joined Forum: 02/20/2014

I tend to agree with FloridianSoul. I have lived beachside for 20+ years and seems like for whatever reason restaurants beachside end up closing down and come and go alot. Maybe there just isnt enough people living beachside to keep them going in the slow months?

But agree there are some gems here like coasters, fat snook, jaliscos, ocean 302 grill etc (great artisan pizza by the way).

But if you have traveled out of florida you know we are lacking in the quality food scene here. I eat so good when I travel to Costa Rica and wish we had more fresh local food here. And when i visit my brother in Asheville I am blown away at all the options there. Litterly you can throw a rock and hit a micro brewery/pub. I have had an idea for a long time to open a micro brewery with fresh local food so any investors out there let me know and lets make it happen. I have a great concept and name for it

-

08/23/2017 07:46 AM

TATTOO74

Joined Forum: 10/26/2005

Originally posted by: Burry Lettuce sea!!!! Son on The Beach..is unique and good Dakine's is good.. double pork salad!! Taco City...is Taco City Coasters!!!...fun with beer!!! Banana River Cafe...Excellent soups, and very creative specials!!! Beachside Cafe in Indialantic is good! Island Fish Grill next to it ! haven't ate there in a while but it was good!
Burry we may have to pull your foodie card after putting Dakines on your list.
 08/24/2017 01:28 PM

Greensleeves

Kind of agree with FLsoul too.   There are gems here.  

Like e11even said you travel and you question why the fare here isn't top notch.  

Maybe the demand here isn't refined or maybe we care more about quantity then quality. 

Me I'd rather eat less and have it be something special.

08/24/2017 04:57 PM

Burry

Tattoo74...But with DOubbbble Pork!!!...????

....still a no huh?

BurrysBreak

Inflation caused The BIG BANG...look it up!
 08/25/2017 06:48 AM

SurferMic

Joined Forum: 06/30/2012

Greek Food Truck on Eau Gallie beachside.  Really good, giant portions, cheap.  What more can you ask for?  For dining out Island Fish Grill is always consistently good.

08/28/2017 07:38 AM

TATTOO74

Joined Forum: 10/26/2005

Originally posted by: Burry Tattoo74...But with DOubbbble Pork!!!...???? ....still a no huh?
Still a no! And if you're going with DA Kine, Imma go with Big Island Burrito
 08/28/2017 10:16 PM

RocketSurf

Joined Forum: 03/20/2014

New Cuban restaurant on North bound A1A at Minuteman. Playa Cafe'. A buddy came into town that is Cuban and said it is the real deal.

Robertos is still great. Sometimes they have a special, pan seared whole red snapper. Awesome!

Matt's Trop grill is gone but Matt is cooking at the Kiwi Tennis club in IHB "Beach Side Fusion"

The new Coasters in Cape Cadaver is great. It is located in the Publix plaza near the pier where Beef O'Brady was once located.
 08/29/2017 06:46 AM

DaveFL76

Joined Forum: 08/16/2003

Originally posted by: RocketSurf New Cuban restaurant on North bound A1A at Minuteman. Playa Cafe'. A buddy came into town that is Cuban and said it is the real deal. Robertos is still great. Sometimes they have a special, pan seared whole red snapper. Awesome! Matt's Trop grill is gone but Matt is cooking at the Kiwi Tennis club in IHB "Beach Side Fusion" The new Coasters in Cape Cadaver is great. It is located in the Publix plaza near the pier where Beef O'Brady was once located.
Glad to hear you like Coasters Taphouse! The Mexico's Grill in the plaza is one of my favorites in the area. Authentic 'street tacos!' And I'm hearing good things about the new Indian restaurant next door, too. I need to check em out.
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .