Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Junkfood and body aches
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/09/2017 10:36 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/09/2017 10:36 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Sector9surf

Joined Forum: 01/14/2010

Wish there was an article I could find to post for everyone to read. (Probably is, but I haven't searched and I'm sure everyone already knows with movies such as What the Health).

So anyways I'm just wanting to share my personal experience and see if anyone else has the same symptoms. I'm in my mid 20's, so still young and mostly healthy. I was eating occasional McD's, Wendys, etc... for the last ten years and feeling somewhat crappy and finally stopped eating it about 4 months ago. Amazingly that's all I needed to do and all my health issues went away.

Well yesterday, I caved in and decided to have a burger a fries and today I woke up feeling like I have the flu. I've found that it only happens a day or two after eating these fastfood burgers, lasts for 2 to 3 days of flu-like symptoms and then goes away.

So long story short, I can't help but wonder what's in it that could make me feel soo sick. Maybe it's the pink slime, maybe the fillers, aritificial flavoring?

I don't know exactly; but I swear now that every time,  it causes joint pain, congestion, and full body aches just a day later. This is after eating just one $1.49 Double cheeseburger. If this is the case, can you even call it food?

I'm wondering does anyone else experience similar symptoms, with certain restuarants or fast food items?

11/09/2017 10:44 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

oh please... not   ANOTHER sector9 question....!!???

(with obvious answer included in it!!!)

11/09/2017 01:08 PM

Sector9surf

Joined Forum: 01/14/2010

^That was a rhetorical question. But I'm sure you all already know by now.

If anyone really wants to know how misleading the food industry is watch, What the Health.

Somewhere in there you can conclude that pretty much anything you eat will eventually give you cancer, with meat products being the worst. (Somewhere in there they compare eating processed meat to being just as bad or worse than tobacco products)

But who would think that you would experience flu like symptoms from eating at McD's... I mean we all already know that it's bad for you, but weren't we expecting more of the silent, but deadly long term effects that come around by old age

I guess I'm just dissappointed that I couldn't match the guy on Supersize Me. He ate McD's Supersizes for an entire year and turned out ok and I can't even eat one.

Edited: 11/09/2017 at 05:09 PM by Sector9surf
 11/15/2017 08:45 AM

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

You are what you eat. Eat junk, feel junky no question about it.

-------------------------
Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

11/15/2017 01:10 PM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

My weakness is the Mcrib. disgusting I know, but oh so good at the same time. I try and only cave on days that I'm doing cardio.

Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.
 11/17/2017 07:46 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Don't eat that shit.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .