Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Quickblade paddles
Topic Summary: watch out for these jokers they do not stand behind their product.
Created On: 12/04/2011 09:39 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/04/2011 09:39 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

finward

Joined Forum: 08/09/2011

JUNK man they piss me off. Brand new full carbon and the POS snapped at my lower hand, best part is that they told me its not a quality problem even though it was the 5th time out and I take care of my gear. They even refused to look at it. I was a dealer for them at the time and they told me to call werner or kialoa, that I would be happier with those companies. So just a warning to prospective buyers out there I would stay away, over priced subpar paddles built buy a company that could give a rats ass about customer service. 

-------------------------

12/04/2011 05:11 PM

STANDUPPADDLEBOARDBOB

Joined Forum: 01/21/2008

REMOVED

http://i578.photobucket.com/al...9BOBCOCOABCHPIER-2.jpg http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss229/bbreen1234/07-17-2009RIPPERBLUESPRINGS030.jpg

Edited: 12/07/2011 at 12:37 PM by STANDUPPADDLEBOARDBOB
 12/05/2011 06:13 AM

finward

They are a pain in the ass company to deal with as a retailer. Jim Terell is a ok guy but the lady in the office is just a ill tempered crab. I have a werner spanker and it is way stiffer than a quickblade. 

12/05/2011 06:39 AM

seadragon

Joined Forum: 08/01/2004

We got bisect Quickblades several years ago, and haven't had any problems with them. I hope their quality control hasn't gone downhill- I haven't seen a blade shape I like better than my Quickblade, they're all made too narrow, in my opinion, these days.
I need to take even better care of my paddle now- I don't like the replacement options out now.....

EDIT: Can't spell
 12/05/2011 07:32 AM

finward

I think their quality has gone down as they have grown. There are quite a few people that I have met with broken Quickblade paddles, its seems disproportionately more than other brands. My werner has a wide blade, much wider than a medium QB almost like their big moma Kalama blade

12/05/2011 10:31 AM

mdsurf

Joined Forum: 09/27/2009

That really sucks to hear about the customer service for Quick Blade.  Almost every SUP flatwater or bop Racer I see has a QB.  There must be something up there.  I Use a Kialoa Shaka for Surf and a Kialoa Toro for race, but I do have a QB for race too.  I have used in the past the Werners, the Spanker carbon has a big blade and moves alot of water... powerful blade.  I got to say that Kialoa Service is top notch from everyone I have talked to.

I thought QB was supposed to be the best... they certainly charge enough to give you a free replacement.  I think they are the most expensive on the market.  My friend uses QB for 1 year and no problems so far.  He also uses a Kialoa Methane for surf and uses it alot more and never a problem.

I put my vote on Kialoa Paddles.

12/05/2011 01:14 PM

finward

Quickbalde is really agressive with their sponsorships so I would say that is the main reason why they have a large part of the market, I raced in the BOP 2 years ago and I would say that about 50% of the pros where using QB but that really just means they are following the elites and they get free paddles so who cares if they snap a few. I personally think carbon is silly for a surf paddle, its kind of like a full carbon mountain bike sure its super light and stiff as all hell but they shatter when shock loaded. I use a fiberglass paddle when I race and I do just fine, I took 3rd place at the last one I entered and my 70# dog was on the board with me, at the BOP I came in 13th in my age class in the 12'6" stock race board division and I was on a surf shape ( I screwed up when I regestered )                                                                                                                                                                                                                              I just wanted to share my experience with their customer service so people know what they are in for. 

12/07/2011 05:01 AM

shaperx1

Joined Forum: 09/17/2003

Have some broken QB's myself. Broke one paddling out for the first time. After watching their video on paddle strength and testing their paddles break between 160-180lbs I can under stand why I have broken every QB I had. I weight more than that and if I get it to hook up no slip I basically do a full pull up on the paddle when going after a wave and POW! it snaps.

After Powerex paddles shut their doors and I could no longer get those, I started building paddles and have tested my paddles on a 10 ton press and they bottom my scale out at 550lbs and are still intacked and the blade shape and size is customizable and come in at 22 ounces and I will be offering a 1 year no questions asked warranty. They will be forsale by spring.

Peace,

Ron

12/08/2011 04:32 PM

surfersensei

Joined Forum: 12/02/2003

Maybe you can help me. I have a c4 carbon paddle with a broken shaft (my fault). I have been trying to find a source for the blank shafts without succes. Can you suggest a source? thanks
 12/09/2011 11:47 AM

shaperx1

Try Zaveral.com paddle parts.

Problem is the shaft diameter C4 is chinese and not worth fixing It wholesales for less than than what a good carbon shaft costs.

I have american made filament wound solid carbonfiber shafts 1.181"OD, and 0.055" wall thickness I would sell for 160$ for a 6ft length and even comes with a warranty.

12/10/2011 01:08 PM

surfersensei

Joined Forum: 12/02/2003

I checked that link and they seem to have not renewed their domain name. Thanks for the info on the shaft. I will have to wait until after xmas to look into that. Wiil you be selling your paddles locally?
 12/10/2011 01:58 PM

shaperx1

www.zre.com

Yes I will be selling direct and at Kembali in NSB.

Thanks,

Ron Neff

12/12/2016 01:13 AM

ToughLife

Joined Forum: 12/12/2016

Broke my QUickblade paddle at the normal high stress location on the blade. Quickblade immediately determined it was not covered under warranty. I bought this high priced paddle because I thought they stood behind their products. Frankly, I feel taken advantage of and tricked by their false advertisements. They show a guy using a paddle to lift a truck to change a tire for christ's sake, wtf! I hardly put any pressure on my Kanaha QB paddle when the blade snapped. I've broken other non-QB paddles before my Kanaha so I was careful to not nick, scratch or put any major pressure on my paddle but the thing still broke less than 4 months of use. I'd like to know from quickblade what the fuck IS an example of a paddle break in the past that was covered under their warranty.?? They basically can say any break is NOT a manufacture defect. 

12/12/2016 07:22 AM

PaddlingParadise

Joined Forum: 01/16/2013

We are a KeNalu dealer and I could not be happier.The new Mana blade is a smaller blade than I was using before, but becuase of less slip there seems to be more power coming out. We have stock shafts, but I doubt your C4 blade will fit in it.  Come by and try it if you would like.  

www.paddlingparadise.com        

12/12/2016 08:13 AM

mdsurf

Joined Forum: 09/27/2009

KeNalu paddles have the best Warrenty in the business.  Hands down the best. You don't habe to send them the paddle at your cost for them to inspect it either.  If it is a warrenty issue just take a picture and fill out the warrenty form. 

Sunova paddles is right up there with them.

12/13/2016 05:03 AM

finward

what's funny is that Quickblade gives away a ridiculous number of paddles to racers and surfers to get them to use their paddles but they completely fuck the people that actually buy paddles. I keep a broken QB in my garage just to remind me what crap they are. 

Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .