Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Rick Scott's Blind Trust Managed By Business Associate
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/04/2014 08:50 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 4 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/04/2014 08:50 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Not only did he have the sack to write his own blind trust laws and sneek them in as riders on ethics bills, he also has a friend/business partner managing his trust...
http://www.2ndlight.com/fuseta...che=9789429&entercat=y
 06/04/2014 08:51 PM

surf4fun

Joined Forum: 06/23/2004

I have a good solution to the Rick Scott problem.....
 06/05/2014 05:04 AM

itsnoelb

Joined Forum: 09/11/2011

We can't dump this pig fast enough. Regardless of party affiliation, this guy is scum.

-------------------------

Trying to think of something new

06/05/2014 05:21 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

He the BEST thing that has ever happened to Florida!

Charlie Crist ruined this place and Scott is now fixing it!

Fact!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 06/05/2014 05:49 AM

eibla

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

^^^^ Simply by receiving your endorsement we will ALL vote for Crist.

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness -
John Kenneth Galbraith
 06/05/2014 05:52 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: eibla ^^^^ Simply by receiving your endorsement we will ALL vote for Crist.

Only after you no show again!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 06/05/2014 08:15 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: 3rdworldlover Not only did he have the sack to write his own blind trust laws and sneek them in as riders on ethics bills, he also has a friend/business partner managing his trust... http://www.2ndlight.com/fuseta...che=9789429&entercat=y

Of course he would. Who would you expect for him to use - a sworn enemy? Dumb comment.

I :heart; Q
 06/05/2014 08:23 AM

surf4fun

How can a lawyer, someone who is supposed to uphold the law, support a crook like Rick Scott? Why do you still support Rick Scott Tpab?
 06/05/2014 08:48 AM

tpapablo

He's been a positive for the state by helping to bring back the economy. He has the fiscal situation under control. He's largely stayed out of my business. On the flip side, I can't think of anything bad that he has done. I wasn't real happy about the teacher raises, but no one is perfect.

Then there is Charlie Crist. The dude is souless and only out for himself. I would vote for damn near anyone if Crist was the alternative.

06/05/2014 08:55 AM

surf4fun

Bring back the economy? If you say so.

What do you think about the Sun Rail project? That cost tax dollars and he is getting kick backs from it. Instead of a high speed rail, we get a crappy subsidized rail system in Orlando that is not practical.
 06/05/2014 09:16 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: surf4fun Bring back the economy? If you say so.

What do you think about the Sun Rail project? That cost tax dollars and he is getting kick backs from it. Instead of a high speed rail, we get a crappy subsidized rail system in Orlando that is not practical.

Don't know much about it, though I would almost certainly be against it. Give me a source for the kickbacks. If that is true, I shan't vote for the man. I was adamently against the high speed rail boondoggle, so that was another positive for Scott. And, yes, I have personally seen the results of Scott's efforts to jump start the economy. He has done a good job there.

06/05/2014 09:22 AM

surf4fun

It is already running. To make it popular it has been free(at the tax payers expense). Tax payer money from that project is being funneled into Rick Scott's blind trust.
 06/05/2014 09:27 AM

3rdworldlover

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Originally posted by: 3rdworldlover Not only did he have the sack to write his own blind trust laws and sneek them in as riders on ethics bills, he also has a friend/business partner managing his trust... http://www.2ndlight.com/fuseta...che=9789429&entercat=y

Of course he would. Who would you expect for him to use - a sworn enemy? *Dumb comment.

Your disclaimers are always at the bottom.

06/05/2014 10:12 AM

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Tpap, all you have to do is google Rick Scott's Chief of Staff and who he used to work for and who gets the contract for Sunrail. Adam Hollingsworth -> CSX

Also, for shit-n-giggles Adam Hollingsworth got caught lying on his resume' about a degree he didn't get but still is Rick Scott's Chief of Staff. So much for ethics....

06/05/2014 10:30 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: surf4fun It is already running. To make it popular it has been free(at the tax payers expense). Tax payer money from that project is being funneled into Rick Scott's blind trust.

That should be well documented then. The Tampa Bay
Times would be on a story like that like proverbial flies on shit. Give me a link.

06/05/2014 10:35 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: Central Floridave Tpap, all you have to do is google Rick Scott's Chief of Staff and who he used to work for and who gets the contract for Sunrail. Adam Hollingsworth -> CSX Also, for shit-n-giggles Adam Hollingsworth got caught lying on his resume' about a degree he didn't get but still is Rick Scott's Chief of Staff. So much for ethics....

Ok, read up on it. This was well underway and approved before Scott became Governor. Indeed, after Scott became governor, he put the project on hold, pending a review. Have to do better than that, progs.

06/05/2014 10:38 AM

surf4fun

No it wasn't. The people of Florida voted for high speed rail, Rick Scott nixed it despite getting a federal grant to help build it. That federal money went to another state. As a consolation for nixing the high speed rail he teams up with his buddy at CSX to make the SunRail for the Orlando area.

You give the press way too much credit. The press helped this crook get elected.
 06/05/2014 10:38 AM

Central Floridave

after googling I find that Adam Hollingsworth's wife is also an executive from CSX.

It is estimated that CSX will get 650 million dollars from taxpayers for this sunrail project for selling the it's rail line to the State.

What is in Rick Scott's 'blind' trust? He is making 3 million a year from it. But, nobody knows except his close personal advisor.

It could be legit, it also could be a major conflict of interest and also illegal. If Rick Scott is benifitting with not only approving but pushing for the Sunrail project while making money off it also is pretty bad.

Maybe this is why he killed the Speed Rail project and then months later approved Sunrail.

Its all speculation but very fishy in my opinion.
 06/05/2014 10:57 AM

tpapablo

Can you progs read? The contract with CSX was signed  and the funding was approved before Scott became governor.

And, Jesus, people, if Scott became Governor to line his own pockets, the the high speed rail was the mother lode. Tampa lawyers were salivating over that.

And Florida voters shot down high speed rail, btw.

As I said, progs, you have to do better than that when you are dealing with me. I am the humiliator of progs.

06/05/2014 11:11 AM

Central Floridave

for the record, I'm for the sunrail project. We need to invest in public transportation. We should have gotten the high speed rail also.

What I'm against is my politicians profiteering from decisions they make.

We have Sunshine laws specifically so the taxpayers can see if their politicians profit from the laws/budgets they pass. The blind trust is against sunshine laws.

tpap, as a teaparty you should be against sunrail. Go look at how much it will cost the taxpayer and it is not proven to be profitable.

Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .