Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: For what it's worth, , , , ,
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/20/2017 07:53 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/20/2017 07:53 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

The "buzz" is that a Supreme (Kennedy or RBG?) will resign from the court this summer. Either way, it will result in a solid court.

-------------------------
Dora Hates You
 04/20/2017 07:59 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Yup, the rumor going around the legal community is that Kennedy is stepping down after this term.

If we can get the right guy, maybe they'll overturn Roe v. Wade. The pleasure of seeing progs going batshit crazy over that would rival that of their reaction to Trump getting elected.

I :heart; Q
 04/20/2017 08:02 AM

SuperTeeBird

Joined Forum: 12/08/2016

No worries here. I'll tell you why later.

04/20/2017 08:26 AM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Tspank getting dumb early! 

04/20/2017 08:28 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: Greensleeves Tspank getting dumb early! 

Might as well dive right in.

04/20/2017 08:36 AM

Greensleeves

Well get with it then!  Can't think of anything better than overturning Roe v Wade?  Why would that matter to Americans?

04/20/2017 08:42 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

I can't imagine RBG retiring while the lying sack of shit has a rubber stamp senate unless she is very ill.
Kennedy maybe. Then one of the others will have to step up and restore sanity, like Roberts sometimes has.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 04/20/2017 09:10 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: Greensleeves Well get with it then!  Can't think of anything better than overturning Roe v Wade?  Why would that matter to Americans?

It would restore the Constitutional order. Roe v. Wade was a bad decision and most legal scholars know it. What practical effect would overturning it have? Not much. It would allow the states to determine laws on abortion. Most would allow it. If allowed to vote on that question in Florida, I'm not sure which way I'd go. I'd be inclined to vote for abortion because mainly progs get aborted. I'd be inclined against because it would be so fun to see progs' go apeshit.

No, Ginsberg will only leave feet first.

04/20/2017 09:15 AM

WG

I doubt Roe v Wade will ever be overturned.
Too old of a precedent. Settled.

But the politics of that would be very good for the left.
American women are too used to having control over their own bodies, they will not just sit by and let men start dictating that again.

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
 04/20/2017 09:48 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

It also prevents Jennifer from having to embarrass her parents at the country club by being pregnant out of wedlock. Protect Jennifer's right to shield herself from daddy's disappointment, while saddling herself with a lifetime of guilt, at all cost.

Or we can just try to be better parents to our kids, regardless of the situation.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 04/20/2017 10:14 AM

Greensleeves

Jennifer's on lock to be able to get an abortion if the family needs one because Pops will fund sending her to another state/country where it is legal.

Yeah Roe V Wade won't be overturned but GOP states will be afforded the right to legislate providers out of existence.

Really only the poor from Tea Party states will suffer.   The cost of the unwanted kids will be transferred to the Government quite easily as Tea Party states largely live off the rest of us.

04/20/2017 10:19 AM

WG

Originally posted by: Sniper

It also prevents Jennifer from having to embarrass her parents at the country club by being pregnant out of wedlock. Protect Jennifer's right to shield herself from daddy's disappointment, while saddling herself with a lifetime of guilt, at all cost.

Or we can just try to be better parents to our kids, regardless of the situation.

Other than that last bit, which of course we all agree with, that really was some astoundingly clueless shit.

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
 04/20/2017 12:59 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

At the town hall meeting the other night a representative from Planned Parenthood let us know that Google searches for "self induced abortion" are up sharply in the most restrictive states.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 04/21/2017 06:41 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck At the town hall meeting the other night a representative from Planned Parenthood let us know that Google searches for "self induced abortion" are up sharply in the most restrictive states.

So? It's their right to choose, is it not?

04/21/2017 06:45 AM

Greensleeves

""The decades before Roe v. Wade were the bad ol’ days. It was horrible carnage — and every one of those deaths was preventable. These women weren’t dying of exotic diseases. They were dying of simple things like hemorrhage and infection, and any third-year medical student with adequate equipment could’ve easily handled it. But the reason those women were dying is because the country had not yet made the decision that these women’s lives are worth saving. It’s just one of the ugly manifestations of misogyny, and it needs to be understood as such. It was a profound disdain of women and their autonomy."

Tspank making the decision that women's lives aren't worth saving?

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/politics/a6964440/abortion-before-roe-v-wade/

04/21/2017 06:58 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

This is nothing short of an effort to oppress women and maintain a position of male power in society, and it will fail.

Some people will be hurt, but women will not surrender control of their bodies to a male pseudo-christian dictatorship.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 04/21/2017 07:30 AM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

This is nothing short of an effort to oppress women and maintain a position of male power in society, and it will fail.

Some people will be hurt, but women will not surrender control of their bodies to a male pseudo-christian dictatorship.

So what about abortions in the third trimester, unless of course the mother's life is at risk. You ok with that?

I am pro-choice but not that late in pregnancy.

Edit: And no, you are wrong. The issue people have with abortion, for the most part, has absolutely nothing to do with oppressing women and maintaining male power. Not in 2017. I know you like to get all bat shit crazy about everything and put on your little pink vagina hat, but the truth is that the vast majority of people that are pro-life do so because of religious beliefs as well as their own personal sense of what is right and wrong. Taking away a woman's right to choose in the first half of her pregnancy would be nothing more than the end result of religious ideology influencing policy.

Edited: 04/21/2017 at 07:39 AM by miker
 04/21/2017 07:03 PM

Cole

Roe v. Wade - republican court

Gays right to wed - republican court

ACA - republican court

So far they have avoided pushing big government control over our bodies and religion. Pence getting to pick the next one will change all of that. Though WG is right, it is very rare for them to overturn old established decisions.

I was right.
 04/22/2017 04:13 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Originally posted by: miker
And no, you are wrong. .

alwaysrightmike .....strikes again.

04/22/2017 06:16 AM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

At the club, Jennifer's dad got a stock tip to buy Acme Coat Hanger (ACM).
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .