Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Trump is going down...
Topic Summary: Flynn is squealing right now.
Created On: 05/26/2017 06:56 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/04/2019 09:56 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

I'm going to slap tpap with his own balloon animal. See below. Gambling is a FL crime: Chapter 849 GAMBLING LINK Legal gambling outside permitted gambling institutions in FL (1. Your $100 bet is outside a gambling facility. 2. It does not fall within the legal $10 penny-ante games that are not crimes) 849.085 Certain penny-ante games not crimes; restrictions. LINK Let this be notice that tpap has been smacked down on this forum again. He is a clown and troll. That is all.
The two most applicable provisions:
849.08 Gambling. - Whoever plays or engages in any game at cards, keno, roulette, faro or other game of chance, at any place, by any device whatever, for money or other thing of value, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
Obviously doesn't apply to a a bet over Trump being deposed, as it only applies to games. A bet like I was offering is not a game.
849.14 Unlawful to bet on result of trial or contest of skill, etc. - Whoever stakes, bets or wagers any money or other thing of value upon the result of any trial or contest of skill, speed or power or endurance of human or beast, or whoever receives in any manner whatsoever any money or other thing of value staked, bet or wagered, or offered for the purpose of being staked, bet or wagered, by or for any other person upon any such result, or whoever knowingly becomes the custodian or depositary of any money or other thing of value so staked, bet, or wagered upon any such result, or whoever aids, or assists, or abets in any manner in any of such acts all of which are hereby forbidden, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
Nope, our bet wouldn't involve the skill, speed or power or endurance of humans or beasts. Indeed, our bet wouldn't even fall into the category of gambling at all. It is not a matter of chance. I would have thought that by now, at least, you would know better than to talk about thing of which you know nothing about. As I have observed many times in the past, however, progs never learn. Nor do they seem to be particularly bothered by making fools out of themselves time after time. Hap exemplifies that trait.

-------------------------
I :heart; Q
 09/04/2019 11:21 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: HAPDigital

Let's all go to the Sheriff's Department. You two bet $100 whether I'm wrong or right at the main desk, tell them what you are doing. See what happens. Lolol

You'd lose......the bet that was described does not fall inside YOUR highlighted descriptions/criteria.

FOOL!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.

Edited: 09/04/2019 at 11:21 AM by Fish Killer
 09/04/2019 12:28 PM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Lol tpap flailing around like a fish again. Didn't read the scenario and how the laws work. Making stuff up. Let's meet at the PD or Sheriff's dpt and you two make a bet I'm wrong or not.
 09/04/2019 12:36 PM

HAPDigital

Game of chance you fool...for money or other thing of value. LoL tpap smacked back handed now. Posts the law himself and doesn't understand it. Dude is a straight up dumbass.
 09/04/2019 12:52 PM

HAPDigital

ALL gambling in FL is illegal unless it falls within the exceptions or designated areas.
 09/04/2019 01:06 PM

HAPDigital

Chapter 849 FL Crimes Gambling

Gambling is a crime unless deemed otherwise. Absolutely nowhere does it state betting between friends is legal. Penny anti games up 10 is legal outside legal gambling establishments, that's it.
 09/04/2019 01:42 PM

tpapablo

I knew I'd be wasting my time.
Gambling is a crime unless deemed otherwise.
Correct. But to be illegal, one has to engage in gambling. Gambling is defined in 849.08 as a game of chance for money. A bet on what happens to Trump is not a game of chance. So, it is not gambling and 849.08 does not apply.
Absolutely nowhere does it state betting between friends is legal.
No it doesn't. Under the American system (La. being an exception), however, if something is not specifically designated a crime, then it isn't one. Since Florida doesn't specifically designate a wager of this type to be a crime, it isn't one.
Penny anti games up 10 is legal outside legal gambling establishments, that's it.
Needless to say, my proposed bet had nothing to do with penny-ante or any other type of games. This is irrelevant. I will say this for you, your ignorance saved you the $100 I would have won, not that you would have paid anyway.

09/04/2019 01:56 PM

HAPDigital

Betting on the outcome of a president is a game of chance. It's why some legal gambling institutions have it available to bet on. They update the odds of Trump's impeachment daily. You are in fact making shit up. I'm going to take this to next level humiliation for you and get it in writing from PD and or Sheriff's dpt.

Of course it has nothing to do with penny anti. Penny anti is legal, your bet on trump would not be. That's why it is not listed in the exceptions. What a fucking clown you are...

Top it off, I would not be bound to pay if I lost. Legally there would be no action to take to get the money from me as gambling is illegal.

Illegal Betting or Wagering
gambling
Bob and Sam are out at the basketball court and are playing basketball. Sam says to Bob, "I bet $20 that I can score on you 10 or more points in the next 3 minutes." Bob responds, "You're on!" What Bob and Sam just did was illegal in Florida.

Chapter 849 of the Florida Statutes speaks to the topic of gambling. Lotteries are illegal, except the state run Florida Lottery. Betting money or anything of value on a contest is illegal in Florida, unless it falls into an exception under Chapter 849,Chapter 550, and Chapter 551.

The Florida Supreme Court has held that it does not matter that "whether the parties betting be the actors in the event upon which their wager is laid or not . . . ." McBride v. State, 22 So. 711, 713 (Fla. 1897). It is illegal to bet on yourself or on others.

Contests of Chance vs. Contest of Skill
Florida courts have generally looked at contests of chance as chance being the predominate element of who receives the money while contests of skill have skill as the predominate factor in determining the winner. Bowing, golf, archery, football, or basketball are all games of skill while poker, keno, roulette, blackjack are all games of chance. Florida does allow money to be won in a contest of skill with a prize from a third party donor.

Stakes, Bets, or Wagers vs. Purse, Prize, or Premium
Stake, bets, or wagers are associated with games of chance while purses, prize, or premiums are what are won in games of skill. To not violate this law, the prize money has to be put up by a third party sponsor or donor. The Florida Supreme Court explained, "[T]he donor or person offering the [prize or purse] has no chance of gaining back the thing offered but, if he abides by his offer, he must lose it, whereas" the bettor has a chance to win or lose. Pompano Horse Club v. State, 111 So. 801, 813 (Fla. 1927).

Where people can get into trouble is where they all chip into one pot their own bets and create their own prize. This has been considered by the Florida Supreme Court and the Florida Attorney General's office to be violations of this law, see AGO 91-03, while entry fees to a contest that do not make up the prize money, but the prize money comes from the general assets of the sponsor, is legal, See AGO 90-59; otherwise, " we would have to find all contests of skill or ability in which there is an entry fee and prizes to be gambling. The list could be endless: golf tournaments, dog shows, beauty contests . . . to name a few. No one seriously considers such activities to be gambling. . . ." Faircloth v. Central Florida Fair, Inc., 202 So.2d 608, 609 (Fla. 4th DCA 1967).

Florida Statute 849.141 makes an exception for "bowling tournament conducted at a bowling center which requires the payment of entry fees, from which fees the winner receives a purse or prize."

What the State Prosecutor Has to Prove to Convict a Defendant of This Crime
The state prosecutor has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt:

(1) The defendant staked, bet, or wagered money or something of value; and

(2) He did so upon the result of a trial or contest skill, speed, power, or endurance of man or beast.

Punishment
This crime is a second-degree misdemeanor which is punishable up to 60 days in jail and a $500 fine.

Edited: 09/04/2019 at 02:11 PM by HAPDigital
 09/04/2019 02:35 PM

tpapablo

You were wrong again, Hap. I definitely proved it. There is nothing more to say on the subject.

09/04/2019 02:44 PM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: tpapablo

You were wrong again, Hap. I definitely proved it. There is nothing more to say on the subject.

Nope, you are making crap up. Fabrication is not proving. Gambling is illegal. Your clown shoes get bigger and bigger. Stop flailing like a fish and admit when you are wrong, like a man for once.

"Betting money or anything of value is illegal in Florida, unless it falls into an exception under Chapter 849,Chapter 550, and Chapter 551." Your Trump bet does not fall within the exceptions as I stated various times.

Fuckin moron....

LOL it also falls under The term "bookmaking" means the act of taking or receiving, while engaged in the business or profession of gambling, any bet or wager upon the result of any trial or contest of skill, speed, power, or endurance of human, beast, fowl, motor vehicle, or mechanical apparatus or upon the result of any chance, casualty, unknown, or contingent event whatsoever.

Leaving out facts is not proving yourself. You've been body slammed now.

Edited: 09/04/2019 at 02:58 PM by HAPDigital
 09/04/2019 04:29 PM

Fish Killer

CRAPDigital.....

Claims he's right and offers every proof that proves the other guy correct.....

CRAPDigital.......ALWAYS WRONG!

^These are PROVED facts.
 09/04/2019 04:35 PM

HAPDigital

Gambling = Illegal in FL Only an idiot would say otherwise.
 09/04/2019 04:41 PM

Fish Killer

Liar!

^These are PROVED facts.
 09/04/2019 05:12 PM

HAPDigital

FL State Law does not lie.

Gambling

Playing or engaging in any card game or game of chance (Betting on the outcome of a sitting President), at any place, by any device, for money or another thing of value.

It's illegal. Lying is stating otherwise.
 09/26/2019 06:29 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

HI.. I'M BACK :-)

Zzzzzzz.. Zzzzzzz.. Braaaaaapp!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
 09/26/2019 06:31 AM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: fishkller

HI.. I'M BACK :-)

LOL perfect timing.
 09/26/2019 06:50 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: HAPDigital
Originally posted by: fishkller HI.. I'M BACK :-)
LOL perfect timing.
I have resolved to stop calling my fellow posters fools, idiots and such. But you are sure trying my self discipline.

09/26/2019 06:55 AM

fishkller

Oh so NOOOOOOOW he's says he's not a dick.

Nobody's forgetting what a douche you are TFish.

Might as well start usings that CAPS LOCK.

FOOL!

MORON!

FACT!

2020.... DONE!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Edited: 09/26/2019 at 06:56 AM by fishkller
 09/26/2019 08:55 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Have we waited long enough now by the river to finally see Trump's corpse floating by?

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

11/15/2019 12:12 PM

fishkller

Somehow this thread popped up just in time: Roger Stone GUILTY on all charges.

Another Trump crony going to prison, and the noose tightens.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Trump is going down...

<< 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .