Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Sat Bch Residents
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/20/2017 01:43 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/20/2017 05:12 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Originally posted by: HAPDigital

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

I'm not against a hotel per se, it's what sounds like a breach of fiduciary responsibility that I'm concerned about.

The city manager is an asset to the city, she's committed to public service.

I guess you can call getting kickbacks public service. Rubio does.

That's a serious charge, do you have evidence?

-------------------------
Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 09/20/2017 05:19 PM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: RustyTruck
Originally posted by: RustyTruck I'm not against a hotel per se, it's what sounds like a breach of fiduciary responsibility that I'm concerned about. The city manager is an asset to the city, she's committed to public service.
I guess you can call getting kickbacks public service. Rubio does.
That's a serious charge, do you have evidence?
I'm not accusing anyone of anything. All of these "public servants" get "donations." Think about it. 1.5m worth of property for 500k? The market is not that bad anymore. "You scratch my back....."
 09/20/2017 05:28 PM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Disregard that troll.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

09/20/2017 05:29 PM

johnnyboy

That was directed at fishy.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

09/20/2017 05:39 PM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: Fish Killer

Sounds like your City Council is headed by OBAMA!

They ALL have to be DEMOCRAPS@!

Only progressive liberal democraps would attempt to pull crap like this!

WRONG!

REPUBLICANS, ALL OF THEM

Bullshit!

As usual...there is NO proof of party affiliation!

I claim they are ALL Democraps'

Prove it wrong asshole!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 09/20/2017 05:59 PM

DaveFL76

Joined Forum: 08/16/2003

09/20/2017 06:13 PM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

Originally posted by: cheaterfiveo

Yeah I bet no progs lost money on realestate, its a bad deal but that generaization is dumb

The grammar king strikes again!

Dude, go to school. They have night courses that will help you obtain your "generaized edumacation devepmnt derplomee." SMH

Happy Happy Happy go play with your ocilloscope or call your secret friend in DC. You are an irrelevant tool. Go to the meeting and try not to embarrass your neighbors,
 09/20/2017 06:30 PM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: cheaterfiveo Yeah I bet no progs lost money on realestate, its a bad deal but that generaization is dumb
The grammar king strikes again! Dude, go to school. They have night courses that will help you obtain your "generaized edumacation devepmnt derplomee." SMH
Happy Happy Happy go play with your ocilloscope or call your secret friend in DC. You are an irrelevant tool. Go to the meeting and try not to embarrass your neighbors,
Yes, let's talk about relevance. What city do you live in? BTW Nice use of a comma there, bud.
 09/20/2017 08:23 PM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

REPUBLICANS, ALL OF THEM

Research suggests one is a Democrat, not that it matters much.

Bottom line is it was a bad real estate investment with good intent, doomed by slow action which stretched into bad market conditions.

Most likely buyer in 2006 wanted to develop another gas station; not out of character for A1A, but not needed, and not in character with the residential neighborhood behind it.

Ad hoc committee held several meetings for public input, many in one short span, and then one more a few years later.

Basically NOBODY wanted a gas station, but there was no real consensus other than avoiding a high-intensity use, so the city's decision was to deed-restrict it, and then re-sell it for a desirable use.

Big problem was the real-estate crash starting in 2007 thru recession in 2009. Prior to that, it didn't look like a bad investment, or hard-to-resell piece of property.

An appraisal was done as part of the ad hoc committee process. Report determined "highest and best use" would likely be as a bank, jewelry store, or gas station, (and maybe a restaurant?) iirc.

Lot was part of the CRA redevelopment area, so it was technically the CRA that bought it. If they had gotten it back on the tax rolls and saw it appreciate in value (as was their desire), the CRA (effectively = the city), they would have also gotten to keep the county's portion of the tax increment fund. Another gamble that seemed very logical in 2006. A "signature property" via its size and location, it could have been turned into *something* nicer than a gas station.

I think lessons learned include generally not having your city get involved in the real estate business, and to make decisions at a faster pace than government entities typically do. But I appreciate the fact that they took lots of input from immediate neighbors and all city residents who made the effort to comment (at meetings and via email list).

Very expensive lessons though.

I'm not accusing anyone of anything. All of these "public servants" get "donations." Think about it. 1.5m worth of property for 500k? The market is not that bad anymore. "You scratch my back....."

I think I read the current appraised value was somewhere around $800K, so not that great a market either.

I don't know anything factual about other offers the city received, either dollar-wise or intended use. Deed restrictions preventing certain uses may also have driven the appraised and resale values down.
 09/20/2017 09:14 PM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

Yeah I bet no progs lost money on realestate, its a bad deal but that generaization is dumb

The grammar king strikes again!

Dude, go to school. They have night courses that will help you obtain your "generaized edumacation devepmnt derplomee." SMH

Yes, let's talk about relevance. What city do you live in? BTW Nice use of a comma there, bud.

Why do you stalk as well as troll?Like the weather guy at the Cape sez, I say again, this is NSR!not a, term, paper, I have both fingers in my ears, I,Am, using, my ignore feature, hows your secret lover dude in Dc, ? Whats the new secret, scoop,? If you are or were truly that, connected, wtf are you trolling here,,,,,,,
 09/21/2017 12:03 AM

surfersince65

Joined Forum: 03/29/2008

First, I don't care what party the Council members are, not relevant.

Second, we do have a "nice" city manager until you disagree with her.  She wants a "green" hotel and is willing to give away OUR money to get it.

Third, it is a commercial piece of property and tuff titty to those who bought and live near a commercial piece of property, they knew or should have known.

Fourth, the city manager is not fullfilling the Sunshine rules.  They want to quickly and quietly sweep this under the rug and hope it goes away.

Fifth, the value is what someone is willing to pay and they have had offers that are almost triple what they are considering selling it for to get that "green" hotel. 

Sixth, when people say nobody wanted a gas station what that really means is a vocal minority didn't want a gas station.  The RaceTrak station in West Melbourne near 95 is a very attractive building and would be in keeping with the A1A area in Satellite Beach.

Last, I am surprised that more people don't care.  Maybe this is why our whole government system from City to Federal is messed up, we let them screw us because we, me included, are to lazy to hold their feet to the fire.

JMA

09/21/2017 04:23 AM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: cheaterfiveo Why do you stalk as well as troll?Like the weather guy at the Cape sez, I say again, this is NSR!not a, term, paper, I have both fingers in my ears, I,Am, using, my ignore feature, hows your secret lover dude in Dc, ? Whats the new secret, scoop,? If you are or were truly that, connected, wtf are you trolling here,,,,,,,
Hmm, who is the stalker and troll? The last I checked this was a Satellite Beach topic. Where do you live? Who continues to derail the thread with derogatory "democrat this and that" accusations? Stop projecting onto others. We know you are the illiterate creep here. Also, you've only been on this site 4 years. I've been around this site 13+ years. GTFO

Edited: 09/21/2017 at 04:38 AM by HAPDigital
 09/21/2017 05:16 AM

Fish Killer

I've been around this site 13+ years. GTFO

Hey...in 13 plus years you have only contributed 2232 times!

THATS BOGUS!

Had you actually cared your posts would have been at the BARE MINIMUM 5000 contributions!

Had you really given two shits about your community it would have been well over 10,000!

Some of us REALLY give a crap!

That's exactly why mine is over 33,535!

YOU GTFO!

^These are PROVED facts.
 09/21/2017 05:20 AM

Cole

I'm amazed that it's worth one million less in the current, relatively strong market.

KS wave pool?

I was right.
 09/21/2017 05:23 AM

RustyTruck

I think a "green" hotel is a good concept, although I'd prefer something more accessible for the middle class and not some boutique place.
Much more desirable than another gas station.

I just don't see taking 1 mil loss on the property with the market on the upswing, even deed restricted.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

09/21/2017 05:45 AM

surfersince65

Joined Forum: 03/29/2008

Rusty, if it is zoned for a gas station, which it is, why not?  It is not a piece of property in a neighborhood, it is on A1A, which I am sure you will agree is a high traffic highway in Sat Bch.  Why let a local government select the winners and losers?  They are about as good at that as they are in realestate investing.

JMA

09/21/2017 05:54 AM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: HAPDigital I've been around this site 13+ years. GTFO
Hey...in 13 plus years you have only contributed 2232 times! THATS BOGUS! Had you actually cared your posts would have been at the BARE MINIMUM 5000 contributions! Had you really given two shits about your community it would have been well over 10,000! Some of us REALLY give a crap! That's exactly why mine is over 33,535! YOU GTFO!
You need to get a life, bud. That's some hardcore overtime hours you put into trolling. Do you have the world record for writing moron in a forum yet? I bet your mom is proud. But yeah, what city do you live in?
 09/21/2017 06:00 AM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

So Hap is the grammar police and thinks only his opinion matters because of the date he joined the forum. What a fucking shit bird.

Edit: the little snowflake pussy claimed to have blocked me, just in case he didn't... I live in Satellite so go fuck yourself.
 09/21/2017 06:01 AM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: surfersince65

Rusty, if it is zoned for a gas station, which it is, why not?  It is not a piece of property in a neighborhood, it is on A1A, which I am sure you will agree is a high traffic highway in Sat Bch.  Why let a local government select the winners and losers?  They are about as good at that as they are in realestate investing.

Let me say I would rather it be a modest hotel instead of another gas station just for aesthetic reasons. I'm not saying local government should mandate a specific business in an open commercial zone.

But it's the financial loss that bothers me most of all.

09/21/2017 06:05 AM

Fish Killer

I've been around this site 13+ years. GTFO

Hey...in 13 plus years you have only contributed 2232 times!
THATS BOGUS!
Had you actually cared your posts would have been at the BARE MINIMUM 5000 contributions!
Had you really given two shits about your community it would have been well over 10,000!
Some of us REALLY give a crap!
That's exactly why mine is over 33,535!
YOU GTFO!

You need to get a life, bud. That's some hardcore overtime hours you put into trolling. Do you have the world record for writing moron in a forum yet? I bet your mom is proud. But yeah, what city do you live in?

Back at you asshole!

You only started posting crap a few months ago!

MOST of your 2223 posts have been in the last two months!

FACT!

So lets see...for almost 13 years now you haven't had but maybe 3 words to say on here!

All of the sudden you are a vocal prodigy that can't STFU!

Like I said before....

GTFO!

^These are PROVED facts.
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Sat Bch Residents

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .