Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: A hell of a way to govern
Topic Summary: And this will hurt real people, especially trump voters
Created On: 09/21/2017 05:30 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/21/2017 05:30 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

"You know, I could maybe give you 10 reasons why this bill shouldn't be considered," Iowa Sen. Chuck Grassley told local reporters, according to The Des Moines Register. "But Republicans campaigned on this so often that you have a responsibility to carry out what you said in the campaign. That's pretty much as much of a reason as the substance of the bill."

-------------------------
“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 09/21/2017 05:54 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

The bill will seriously fck over a large swath of Trump voters in Red states and bring chaos to the health market.

It's a lose lose.

I was right.
 09/21/2017 06:47 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

It's a lose-lose for you guys, alright. And it will hurt no one. If anything, it will amuse normal people when we watch you gov't dependent crybabies wail about it.

I :heart; Q
 09/21/2017 06:50 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Shouldn't there be hearings on this bill? Its just another repug ram job to meet a deadline.

Repugs need to drop all semblance of Repeal and Replace. Call it something more palatable: ACA improvement and adjustment. Must have bi partisan support or its DOA.

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 09/21/2017 06:59 AM

RustyTruck

Passing it may hurt the GOP more than having it fail again, but innocent women and sick children are at stake, so I can't advocate for that.

Isn't healthcare 1/6 of the economy? Why bother with the substance of the bill, this is about sticking to your anti-Obama rhetoric. Who cares if it hurts people?

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 09/21/2017 07:23 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck Passing it may hurt the GOP more than having it fail again, but innocent women and sick children are at stake, so I can't advocate for that. Isn't healthcare 1/6 of the economy? Why bother with the substance of the bill, this is about sticking to your anti-Obama rhetoric. Who cares if it hurts people?

Clown Care hurts people. That's why we voted you guys out of office in historic numbers. And that's why we are getting rid of it, I hope. Then we need to abrogate the Iran treaty so as to totally eliminate the stain the PiC placed on this country.

09/21/2017 08:04 AM

RustyTruck

If the GOP succeeds in destroying the healthcare system, the political consequences will be felt for years. You guys own this now, and given you can't walk and chew gum, I expect it to be a complete disaster, which will disproportionately impact trump's core.

09/21/2017 08:10 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck If the GOP succeeds in destroying the healthcare system, the political consequences will be felt for years. You guys own this now, and given you can't walk and chew gum, I expect it to be a complete disaster, which will disproportionately impact trump's core.

True. Clown Care was a complete disaster and we all know what it did to the dems. If the GOP plan is a disaster of similar magnitude, it will certainly have a negative impact on the GOP. I doubt that it will be though. You would have to work real hard to come up with something as stupid as Clown Care. Doubt that the GOP is willing to work that hard.

09/21/2017 08:16 AM

RustyTruck

Once again, the entire civilized world has national health systems, and most of them are able to deliver better outcomes for less money.

The GOP and the NeoLibs both want to protect profits for the insurance industry and the larger medical-industrial complex.

The only logical solution is Medicare for all, and if taking away the subsidies that enabled poor people to purchase healthcare so that they have nothing is the GOP strategy, that may even end up being helpful toward that end.

So go ahead, do your worst. It's easy to chuck rocks at Obamacare, but when it's gone the poor states (mostly GOP) will suffer mightily.

09/21/2017 08:37 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck Once again, the entire civilized world has national health systems, and most of them are able to deliver better outcomes for less money. The GOP and the NeoLibs both want to protect profits for the insurance industry and the larger medical-industrial complex. The only logical solution is Medicare for all, and if taking away the subsidies that enabled poor people to purchase healthcare so that they have nothing is the GOP strategy, that may even end up being helpful toward that end. So go ahead, do your worst. It's easy to chuck rocks at Obamacare, but when it's gone the poor states (mostly GOP) will suffer mightily.

None of that is true, of course. People in poor states, for example, will get more health care funding than they got under Clown Care.

But the bigger point is that most of the "civilized world" is a screwed up mess. Most of us don't want to join them in that. If you were to listen to progs, we are the worst country in history of the world, rife with racism, sexism, transism, inequality, cops slaughtering minorities, and people dying in the street due to lack of "free" health care. And, to hear it, we have the second coming of Hitler as our leader. Yet, we are the preferred destination for the world's emigrants. How can that be?

http://www.therichest.com/rich-list/most-popular/10-most-popular-countries-for-immigration/

Me thinks that progs are full of crap. No, I know they are.

09/21/2017 09:45 AM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck Once again, the entire civilized world has national health systems, and most of them are able to deliver better outcomes for less money. The GOP and the NeoLibs both want to protect profits for the insurance industry and the larger medical-industrial complex. The only logical solution is Medicare for all, and if taking away the subsidies that enabled poor people to purchase healthcare so that they have nothing is the GOP strategy, that may even end up being helpful toward that end. So go ahead, do your worst. It's easy to chuck rocks at Obamacare, but when it's gone the poor states (mostly GOP) will suffer mightily.

None of that is true, of course. People in poor states, for example, will get more health care funding than they got under Clown Care.

But the bigger point is that most of the "civilized world" is a screwed up mess. Most of us don't want to join them in that. If you were to listen to progs, we are the worst country in history of the world, rife with racism, sexism, transism, inequality, cops slaughtering minorities, and people dying in the street due to lack of "free" health care. And, to hear it, we have the second coming of Hitler as our leader. Yet, we are the preferred destination for the world's emigrants. How can that be?

http://www.therichest.com/rich-list/most-popular/10-most-popular-countries-for-immigration/

">http://www.therichest.com/rich...-immigration/

Me thinks that progs are full of crap. No, I know they are.

The fat man knows it's true, why don't you ask Chris Cristie:
"I oppose Graham-Cassidy because it is too injurious to the people of New Jersey," Christie told reporters standing outside an addiction treatment center in Somerset County. "I'm certainly not going to support a bill that takes nearly $4 billion from people in the state."

As for the world, there is not one single country on the planet Earth that has a national healthcare system and is clamoring for a broke ass for-profit capitalist BS system like we have in the USA.

09/21/2017 09:51 AM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

"If you were to listen to progs, we are the worst country in history of the world, rife with racism, sexism, transism"

Tspank's hearing ain't too good. 

You can take and old, broke down, racist, sexist, economics challenged, science denying horse to a sweet pool of water...

09/21/2017 09:55 AM

tpapablo

Can't say I blame him. Blue states will be screwed under this plan. And, indeed, that is part of the plan. We want progs in those states to die. The conservatives will get by without gov't hand outs, of course. Progs, the helpless, little snowflakes that they are, will be lost without gov't aid and will die out. Thus, we will gradually take over those states as progs die en masse in the streets. I think it is a brilliant plan.

09/21/2017 10:02 AM

RustyTruck

You guys are actually the dying breed, but here we are trying to get healthcare for you ingrates.

I think you have your demographics mixed up, but part of me would like to see the middle of country pay the price for their gullibility. Can you round up a last vote to really F them over?

09/21/2017 10:16 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Repeal ACA, EMTALA, all regs, and all tax subsidies. No pay no play. No government assistance. It is what they want. The faster they get it the better.

09/21/2017 10:19 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

This will drive some red states purple and purple states blue as much of the magamoron crowd loses healthcare when the red states drop this football.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 09/21/2017 10:24 AM

scombrid

I just got my bloodwork back. My lipid panel looked awesome on top of my BP being 110/70. The kidney, liver, and immune indicators all looks excellent. I'm probably good to go for a few more years. I'll chance it to watch the fatties in the MAGA hats twist when they can't get their dieuhbeetus and blood pressure meds and can't afford the amputations that result from unmangaged 'sugar'.

I could get cancer or get in a terrible car wreck. That is why I am married to someone that has blue juice available. Just in case something comes along that I can't afford. If she won't do it then their always suck starting a gun out on the marsh somewhere so the vultures can clean up the mess.

Of course I have insurance and at my current age and physical status I could get insurance cheaper in a market priced on risk, more like property insurance.

So repeal away. Fuck them all.

09/21/2017 10:25 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: WG This will drive some red states purple and purple states blue as much of the magamoron crowd loses healthcare when the red states drop this football.

No it won't. The media will blame Clinton/BLM/Mexicans/etc... and they'll vote to make America even more gooder.

09/21/2017 11:10 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: WG This will drive some red states purple and purple states blue as much of the magamoron crowd loses healthcare when the red states drop this football.

Ah, haven't read the proposal, huh? You have that exactly wrong. It takes away money from blue states and gives it to red states. We will be living it up and voting GOP for the foreseeable future. And who cares who the idiots in California vote for. They don't matter.

09/21/2017 01:27 PM

RustyTruck

Time will tell, but Jimmy Kimmel wants to kick someone's ass I heard.

Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .