Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Arming Teachers?
Topic Summary: What's the plus?
Created On: 02/22/2018 12:41 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/23/2018 04:31 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Brevard Pubic Schools responds.

Note that there is no intent to arm teachers.

>>>>>>>>

Feb. 23, 2018

VIERA, Florida - Brevard Public Schools applauded Gov. Rick Scott’s efforts to listen to students and educators in forming his plan to keep campuses safe.

“Our schools are still vulnerable,” Superintendent Desmond Blackburn said. “The governor’s proposals are serious ones that match what our students and staff say they need to be safe. We would embrace the challenge of making his ideas work.”

On the Space Coast and during visits with lawmakers, BPS students have called for professional mental-health services on campus, training on how to survive active shooters, more security ‘hardening’ of school buildings, and measures to keep guns away from mentally unstable people. All of those measures appear in the $500 million plan Scott proposed Friday in response to the Feb. 14 shooting rampage at a Broward County high school that killed 17.

BPS already has taken significant steps to improve the security of its students and employees:

•          Hiring the Brevard Sheriff’s Office to manage school security.  Deputies respond instantly – and frequently -- to any reported threat to school safety, including threats made in social media. They also assist principals with “lockdown” drills.
  •          Providing armed police resource officers to all high schools and middle schools across the Space Coast under contracts with cities and the sheriff. Several cities including Titusville, Rockledge and Satellite Beach assign police officers to elementary schools.
  •          Accelerating the installation of high-quality security fencing, remote-controlled entrance locks and video cameras at all schools with a goal of completion by April 2018.
  •          Publicizing a frequently used anonymous hotline -- 800-423-TIPS (8477) -- where tipsters can report threatening behavior to the Sheriff’s Office. 

Blackburn was among the school leaders invited to Tallahassee by Gov. Scott to an emergency workshop on security Feb. 20. He and the Brevard County school board have worked recently to elevate student voices on security-related issues.

One week before the shooting (Feb. 8), BPS drove 16 high school student-government presidents to the Capitol, where they advocated for state funding for professional mental-health services on campuses. Travel was sponsored by Parrish Health Network.

On Friday (Feb. 23), state Rep. Rene Plasencia, R-Orlando, met with students at Astronaut High School in Titusville to hear their thoughts on school-security and gun bills on which he was expected to vote the following week.

Students at Titusville High, Heritage High and several other secondary schools have staged or planned peaceful “walk outs” to demand precautions against further school violence.

What’s next: Brevard Public School leaders continue to assess campus security with the Brevard Sheriff’s Office. The school board will respond as fast as possible to any laws passed by the Legislature.

Matt Reed, assistant superintendent/PIO

321-633-1000, ext. 796

Reed.matthew@brevardschools.org

>>>>>>>>>>>>

This is a reasonable plan in my opinion. 

Carry on.

-------------------------
If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 02/23/2018 04:39 PM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

Well done sir. Matt Reed is a cool, enlightened guy

It's a democratic hoax
 02/23/2018 06:11 PM

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

I guess Fishbreath Killer has been putting his 2 rubles worth in. I don't know cause I got him on ignore. 5 pages and only 3 with posts. AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
 02/23/2018 06:59 PM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: Bamboo

Brevard Pubic Schools responds.

Note that there is no intent to arm teachers.

bla bla bla......

This is a reasonable plan in my opinion.

Carry on.

I can see that in fact you bought the bullshit.

You're good at that...along with your ILK.

'We will also provide sheriff's departments the authority to train additional school personnel or reserve law enforcement officers to protect students if requested by the local school board."
Rick Scott

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 02/23/2018 07:39 PM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Originally posted by: HAPDigital

Originally posted by: Fish Killer

Yeah...you thought it and it's true.

Your kids KNOW what a POS pussy liberal commie you are!

When they grow up they will be the exact opposite of you!

And they are going to jam it in your face!

Pussy!

This is so funny. The insults and accusations FK makes about people on here are so specific and random, you know he's speaking from his own experiences in life. Every post is a glimpse into the darkness he lives in.

We've learned quite a bit about him lately. This is a new one. We now can assume FK's kids are liberal and they hate him.

Yup - we have all clearly seen that fk is not the 'christian' he has claimed to be - for what - the last 15 years here? he is so easily exposed. Now we know that he is exactly what he likes to call everyone here - a LIAR!

Of course we all knew this. So fun...LMAO

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 02/23/2018 07:56 PM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

Swishy must have strapped around his neck and under his chin:
a large tin cup. To collect his rabid saliva.
Fuckin clueless chumpfturd drooler...
anyone have access to that python skit?
Wonder how often he has to cut that one thick hair atop his pointed head
duuuhhh....
paddle faster, i hear banjoes

It's a democratic hoax
 02/23/2018 08:06 PM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Originally posted by: Fish Killer

Originally posted by: wtf

Oh - so you are a liar then who said he would be at his house all day.

You are such a refreshing beacon of Jesus light - LMFAO

You made it very clear you weren't coming.

I'm not an idiot like you!

At 11:30am and you were out there with a wahoo in the box by 1pm?!! LMAO - that's a whopper of a tail - hahahahahahaha

Holeee bullshit batman. I fish - a lot. You are a delusional kook. So easy exposing you. I will leave you to Cole from now on (but not sure why he even bothers). Adios bendejo...

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 02/23/2018 08:35 PM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

You obviously don't have a clue what I fish in or how fast it goes.

Coleslaw might fill you in...but he's a liar also so I actually wouldn't count on anything the commie bastard has to say personally.

1 Wahoo and not real big isn't even good fishing.

I'm used to epic.

Fool!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 08/16/2019 04:39 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

And, the horror stories are already coming in.

A gun in a Columbus, Ohio, school that was part of a concealed carry program to *protect* students was removed from its unlocked case by two first-graders. The pistol was left unattended by a *trained* school official when she went to the restroom.

http://www.dispatch.com/news/2...event-school-violence
 09/19/2019 12:28 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Moar gunz!

Florida gave a Glock, magazines and body armor to an educator as part of its *school guardian* program that arms faculty. He then pawned it all three times in two months for gas money.

He's the second *school guardin* caught doing this.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/c...ned-it-detectives-say/
 09/19/2019 12:43 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Nothing like low paid armed guards at school with your kids.

Glad none of them have lost the damn thing in the hallway so far.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 09/19/2019 12:47 PM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

I read a good example scenario of why that line of thinking won't work, "when kids are throwing rocks at each other on the playground, does it help to just give them more rocks"?

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Arming Teachers?

<< 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 7 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .