Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Tennessee Senate
Topic Summary: Race has drawn even
Created On: 10/20/2018 07:59 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/23/2018 06:07 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: Cole

Originally posted by: Fish Killer

The Vanderbilt Poll is supported by the Center for the Study of Democratic Institutions at Vanderbilt University.

What does the above have to do with anything?

I'll tell you. You thought a Democratic Institution was some type of Democrat led think tank and you were attempting to down play the poll numbers by claiming favoritism. You were wrong and you are trying to save face by going on some rant that has nothing to do with the conversation.

I mean seriously, what in the f@#k does claiming we are a Constitutional Republic have to do with a senate race poll in Tennessee?

Do you know ANYTHING other than lying?

Seriously?!?!

READ IT!

IDIOT!

""It is a common error to assume that a republic is synonymous with a republican form of government. Many are misled(that would be COLESLAW) to assume that the republican form is merely a populist democracy limited by a constitution.

Another misconception (that would be done by COLESLAW) is that elected officials in the legislature are representatives of the people at large. In fact, they can only represent constituents, i.e., citizens / voters who gave consent, thus power of attorney to bind them to obedience. " "

-------------------------
The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 10/23/2018 06:09 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

What in the fuck does that have to do with poll numbers for an election in Tennessee?

I was right.
 10/23/2018 06:26 AM

johnnyboy

You triggered him. He thinks that he's smarter than you because he can cut and paste the definition of republic. He is also trying to further dilute what democracy means so that when Trump starts to gut it, he will argue that it was never really there, by definition. He is a long game sock puppet. Eroding our democratic institutions is the goal of this "republic" campaign. Chaos doesn't happen without bullshit like this. Like all lies, its starts with some truth, but that's not where it ends.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

10/23/2018 06:29 AM

Fish Killer

What in the fuck does that have to do with poll numbers for an election in Tennessee?

Originally posted by: Fish Killer

Originally posted by: scombrid

Center for the Study of Democratic Institutions at Vanderbilt is fancy name for Vandy's political science department. Congress is a Democratic Institution. So is the Senate. See, in a Constitutional Democratic Republic, all of the government bodies that comprise elected officials are Democratic Institutions. We Democratically elect representatives to our Republican form of government.

We dont have a 'Republican' form of government...IDIOT!

It's a CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC.

^These are PROVED facts.

Edited: 10/23/2018 at 06:31 AM by Fish Killer
 10/23/2018 06:29 AM

Fish Killer

"It is a common error to assume that a republic is synonymous with a republican form of government. Many are misled(that would be COLESLAW) to assume that the republican form is merely a populist democracy limited by a constitution.

Another misconception (that would be done by COLESLAW) is that elected officials in the legislature are representatives of the people at large. In fact, they can only represent constituents, i.e., citizens / voters who gave consent, thus power of attorney to bind them to obedience. " "

^These are PROVED facts.
 10/23/2018 06:59 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

From the very top of the page from which it is quoting.
The Republican Form of government is one in which the powers of sovereignty are vested in the people and are exercised by the people, either directly, or through representatives chosen by the people, to whom those powers are specially delegated. Unlike the democratic form of government, in which the powers of sovereignty are vested in the whole body of free citizens, individuals retain sovereign prerogatives over their private property rights (absolute ownership) of their person, labor and property. The U.S. Constitution guarantees a republican form to the states. (See Art.4, Sec.4)

10/23/2018 07:01 AM

scombrid

REPUBLICAN GOVERNMENT. One in which the powers of sovereignty are vested in the people and are exercised by the people, either directly, or through representatives chosen by the people, to whom those powers are specially delegated. In re Duncan, 139 U.S. 449, 11 S.Ct. 573, 35 L.Ed. 219; Minor v. Happersett, 88 U.S. (21 Wall.) 162, 22 L.Ed. 627. "What I do say is that no man is good enough to govern another man without that other's consent. I say this is the leading principle, the sheet-anchor of American republicanism. Our Declaration of Independence says: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: That all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed." - Abraham Lincoln, Speech at Peoria, Illinois (1854)

10/23/2018 07:02 AM

scombrid

So ours is a Republican Form of government that comprises Democratic Institutions. Democratic Institutions being governing bodies made up of democratically elected officials.

10/23/2018 07:02 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: Fish Killer The Vanderbilt Poll is supported by the Center for the Study of Democratic Institutions at Vanderbilt University.
He really thought he had something here eh?

10/23/2018 07:10 AM

johnnyboy

He is never right but always from the extreme right. Its a skill.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

10/23/2018 07:20 AM

scombrid

It is kind of crazy. The page from which he is quoting says that ours is a Republican Form of government, but he pulls out that one piece explaining that not all Republics are Republican as if that supports his position. That has to be deliberate on his part, right?

10/23/2018 11:32 AM

johnnyboy

Its like watching a cab driver forward with only his rear view mirror as his reference. He just hits the gas harder than most.

10/24/2018 07:04 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Originally posted by: scombrid It is kind of crazy.
kind of?
 10/24/2018 10:29 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: Cole The Democrat is currently +1. The Republican was +8 before Trump got involved. DOH!
Not a great call, Cole. Pretty much in the bag for Blackburn now. But, many of the other races will be interesting. In Obama's first midterm, Dems lost 69 seats, 63 in the House and six in the Senate. And presidents who poll under 50% average a loss of 37 house seats in their first midterm. I am thinking that the GOP does better than the averages and much better than the "best president ever." My hope is for us to hold the house and the senate. I just loving watching the MSNBC anchors cry. MSNBC's coverage of the 2016 election was the best ever. Watching that always brings me happiness.

I :heart; Q
 10/24/2018 02:17 PM

johnnyboy

I am fully willing and able to admit my miserable record at predicting elections, so much so that I am unwilling to say anything that would happen for fear of making worst impression possible or watching my best impression die with the slimmest of margins.

10/25/2018 05:14 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: tpapablo

The Democrat is currently +1.

The Republican was +8 before Trump got involved.

DOH!

Not a great call, Cole. Pretty much in the bag for Blackburn now. But, many of the other races will be interesting. In Obama's first midterm, Dems lost 69 seats, 63 in the House and six in the Senate. And presidents who poll under 50% average a loss of 37 house seats in their first midterm. I am thinking that the GOP does better than the averages and much better than the "best president ever."

My hope is for us to hold the house and the senate. I just loving watching the MSNBC anchors cry. MSNBC's coverage of the 2016 election was the best ever. Watching that always brings me happiness.

Republicans retaining everything will probably be for the best. Better to hang them with the impending fall, than have the Richt media blame it on Democrats again.

The stock buy backs have been exposed, insurance costs are getting ready to blow, the tariffs are adding pressure like a pressure cooker to the economy and Trump does nothing but attend pep rallies and play golf.

Fukk em, let them hang themselves.

I was right.
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Tennessee Senate

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .