Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: I finally agree with Trump!
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/22/2018 05:52 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/22/2018 05:52 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

He says he wants to bring back libel laws and for once I agree with him, especially if they include false claims in election ads.

I mean seriously, how can you outright lie on national television?

All nine of Rick Scotts attack ads against Nelson are proven somewhat to absolutely false, yet they continue to run hourly on multiple stations all over the state. How is that even possible?

-------------------------
I was right.
 10/22/2018 07:10 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

I haven't seen any TV ads but the mailers that are being shoved into our mailbox have been bordering on libel. I don't know what the guy that the GOP wants to replace Dorothy Hukill stand for. I do know that he really hates Mel Martin and is willing to tell a lot of lies to smear her. I have not received one piece of mail from the GOP telling me who they are running for Hukill's seat or anything about him or his positions and job history. But they have sent plenty of smears. The mailers from the Scott campaign are blatantly false too.

-------------------------

10/22/2018 07:44 AM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

Most of the pure attack ads seem to be coming from some sort of PAC that I see. We need full transparency there as well.

I am all about civil liberties and freedom of speech, but when it clouds, obstructs, and is weaponized to interfere with elections and the actual issues ....there is a problem. Really, attack ads shouldnt be allowed, nor should political ads from any type of PAC, and the candidates should be restricted to only presenting THEIR platform and take on issues.
 10/22/2018 07:47 AM

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

Originally posted by: miker Most of the pure attack ads seem to be coming from some sort of PAC that I see. We need full transparency there as well. I am all about civil liberties and freedom of speech, but when it clouds, obstructs, and is weaponized to interfere with elections and the actual issues ....there is a problem. Really, attack ads shouldnt be allowed, nor should political ads from any type of PAC, and the candidates should be restricted to only presenting THEIR platform and take on issues.
100%...... one thing that's REALLY been pissing me off are the propaganda TEXT MESSAGES I've been getting. I had to block 4 numbers last week. I'm registered NPA and everyone has come from the "right"
 10/22/2018 09:20 AM

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

Originally posted by: miker

Most of the pure attack ads seem to be coming from some sort of PAC that I see. We need full transparency there as well.

I am all about civil liberties and freedom of speech, but when it clouds, obstructs, and is weaponized to interfere with elections and the actual issues ....there is a problem. Really, attack ads shouldnt be allowed, nor should political ads from any type of PAC, and the candidates should be restricted to only presenting THEIR platform and take on issues.

DA COMRADE!!!!!
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .