Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: You can take the girl from Fox,,,
Topic Summary: But you cant take the Fox from the girl.
Created On: 10/25/2018 06:35 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/25/2018 06:35 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

http://www.npr.org/2018/10/25/...fter-blackface-remarks

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

10/25/2018 07:16 PM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

I know, right? She's really done a great job torpedoing her career.

but it *was* great when she let Karl Rove have it on live TV during election eve back in the day

When America was "great"
 10/26/2018 04:54 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

60 mil payout? I think she'll be OK. & look for her on the speaking /book circuit tour soon.
 10/26/2018 04:57 AM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

"What is racist?" Kelly asked Tuesday in a conversation with other panelists on her show. "Truly, you do get in trouble if you are a white person who puts on blackface for Halloween, or a black person who put on whiteface for Halloween. When I was a kid, it was OK as long as you were dressing up as, like, a character."

I mean I really don't like Megan Kelly but is this quote really all there is to it? That and she defended someone who dressed up as Diana Ross?

Edited: 10/26/2018 at 04:59 AM by miker
 10/26/2018 05:07 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

So, , , , naturally, , , , I figured that she had really screwed the pouch and said something really offensive. But no! This is what she said (and I'm no expert but, it must contain some pretty strong Snowflake triggers): The journalist seemingly defended "blackface" and "white face," during a round-table discussion on Tuesday's segment, for Halloween because it was "OK when I was a kid as long as you were dressing like a character."

Now, looking back, I did "black face" when I was a kid. But back in the 1950's it was not looked at as anything wrong. Now, yes, it was not very nice but!!!! I AM NOT GOING TO APOLOGIZE FOR THE 1950's.

Dora Hates You
 10/26/2018 05:08 AM

Cole

It has nothing to do with Dianna Ross and all to do with traveling minstrel shows and racism. To defend the right to black face is to defend what it stood and stands for, no matter your opinion.

I was right.
 10/26/2018 05:11 AM

johnnyboy

The person was not dressed as Diana Ross, they were dressed in black face with a terrible wig saying they were Diana Ross. Its like a white guy listening to rap and wondering why he cant say the N word when they do and how that can't be offensive or unfair if "they" use it. That's basically what she was doing. She was trying to say fairness and equality should give a white person the same opportunity to dress up in racist, minstrel themed black face as a black person wearing white face. It really is a souvenir of the Fox go to white victim culture where the endless parade of attacks against normal innocent unwitting racist behavior is being exaggerated and construed as racist.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

10/26/2018 05:11 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Low ratings and tone deafness on race doomed her show. But she's got the cash.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 10/26/2018 05:44 AM

miker

Was this it?

10/26/2018 05:45 AM

dingpatch

Now, let's be clear about this, , , , if your kid wants to dress as the Black Panther for Halloween, , , , there IS NOTHING WRONG with them going "black face" to be in character.

Dora Hates You
 10/26/2018 05:51 AM

miker

Well the black panther's face is under a mask, so no reason for a kid to go black face.
 10/26/2018 06:31 AM

dingpatch

My bad, , , , , never saw the movie

Dora Hates You
 10/26/2018 06:32 AM

scombrid

psyops. NBC is manipulating the election. NBC is all-in or Trump. They made him with his fake show and all their coverage of him to promote his run for office in 2015 and 2016. This move is very well timed whip up the Trump base. The corporate oligarchs are making money on SNL but know that SNL isn't going to affect votes. They are playing both sides for the ratings with the ultimate goal of helping the Corporate Oligarch Kleptocrats. You notice you never see any actual investigative journalism or fact based reporting from them, against either side. Seriously, who owns the handful of big media? They are liberals? Right. Look at them up in arms about the government not enforcing anti-trust laws and refusing to erect barriers to media consolidation...Oh wait, Migan Kelly doesn't get that black face is racist because, well, it was okay in the 1950s. Herp. She and the handlers that write her script know exactly what they were doing. She didn't come up with that on the fly. Everything that comes out of their robotic mouths is scripted and crafted.

10/26/2018 06:33 AM

scombrid

I feel like watching this every time I am some place like the dentist or an airport where the scripted bobblehead news is on. Last time I got my teeth cleaned was an 8 AM appointment and they had The Today Show playing. That vacuous crap had me fuming by the time I left. I reckon that is why I stopped watching TV over a decade ago.

Edited: 10/26/2018 at 06:35 AM by scombrid
 10/26/2018 07:06 AM

Pagerow

Joined Forum: 12/22/2005

Ah yes, the "good ol' days...this is what Drumpf means by MAGA...

GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
 10/26/2018 04:35 PM

miker

I drew Neil deGrasse Tyson this year for the annual Halloween party my buddy throws. He is a rock star and i am stoked, but at the same time I have no clue how I can pull this off and still be racially sensitive while still having a chance in the contest. Prize this year is a bottle of Macallan 18yr so.... yeah
 10/27/2018 06:27 AM

johnnyboy

Great video scom.

10/27/2018 07:10 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: miker I drew Neil deGrasse Tyson this year for the annual Halloween party my buddy throws. He is a rock star and i am stoked, but at the same time I have no clue how I can pull this off and still be racially sensitive while still having a chance in the contest. Prize this year is a bottle of Macallan 18yr so.... yeah
Don't look like that old flyer and you should be okay. Perhaps you can find the distinction between imitation and racist parody. If you just try to look like the guy without emphasizing his blackness then 99% of even the most flaming liberals are probably going to be cool. That 1% might be a problem but nobody aside from the baiters at Breitbart pay those fucksticks any attention.

10/27/2018 07:14 AM

scombrid

I still maintain that this was a calculated move by NBC and Kelly. Those people in front of the camera on those NBC flagship programs don't blink without it being written into the script. Like I said, there is a reason that I stopped watching infotainment news damn near two decades ago. I lived in a cabin without electricity for a summer in the 1990s. Everything was print or what I could download at head quarters and take back. I never looked back. I read it. I dissect it and I find original sources or I dismiss it. Shit, that was two decades ago. I am getting old.

10/27/2018 01:13 PM

miker

Originally posted by: scombrid

Originally posted by: miker

I drew Neil deGrasse Tyson this year for the annual Halloween party my buddy throws. He is a rock star and i am stoked, but at the same time I have no clue how I can pull this off and still be racially sensitive while still having a chance in the contest. Prize this year is a bottle of Macallan 18yr so.... yeah

Don't look like that old flyer and you should be okay. Perhaps you can find the distinction between imitation and racist parody. If you just try to look like the guy without emphasizing his blackness then 99% of even the most flaming liberals are probably going to be cool. That 1% might be a problem but nobody aside from the baiters at Breitbart pay those fucksticks any attention.

I ended up printing his face out on poster board and made a cut out mask. The only thing I could think of.
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .