Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Schiff is on it.
Topic Summary: And summarizes the current situation.
Created On: 01/17/2019 06:52 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/17/2019 06:52 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

"My point is that we can't have a situation where the president is effectively immunized against any consequence because the Justice Department takes the view that notwithstanding whether they would find evidence of criminality he cannot be indicted and that they will not share evidence with the Congress that would allow Congress to pursue any other remedy. That simply cannot be the policy of the Congress or the Justice Department that the president is above the law because that would effectively make the president above the law, neither subject to indictment nor impeachment."

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

01/17/2019 07:01 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

"I'm still enjoying what I'm doing, there's still work to be done. I'm still the President's wing-man, so I'm there with my boy." - Eric Holder, Attorney General under President Barack Obama

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 01/17/2019 07:38 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: Sniper

"I'm still enjoying what I'm doing, there's still work to be done. I'm still the President's wing-man, so I'm there with my boy." - Eric Holder, Attorney General under President Barack Obama

So you agreed when Holder did it?

I was right.
 01/17/2019 07:45 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Did Holder ever withhold the results of an investigation into the president which could include impeachable offenses?

If Justice tries to block Congress, all hell's going to break loose and the fate of the country will be in the balance.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 01/17/2019 07:52 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Yeah, Schiff is on it. We're terrified now. In fact, I am contemplating suicide. One has to wonder if life is worth it, with Schiff on it. What's wrong with you people?

I :heart; Q
 01/17/2019 08:02 AM

Sniper

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

Did Holder ever withhold the results of an investigation into the president which could include impeachable offenses?

If Justice tries to block Congress, all hell's going to break loose and the fate of the country will be in the balance.

Thank you. I Couldn't have teed that one up better myself. What does the phrase 'Fast and Furious' mean to you?

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

01/17/2019 09:09 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: Cole

So you agreed when Holder did it?

I was right.
 01/17/2019 09:37 AM

johnnyboy

Hard hitting news from the New York Post? The scandal that no one is talking about? We can safely call that an apple. As for the treason of President, his efforts to become above the law and stacking the positions who will make those decisions? You guessed it, that's an orange.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

01/17/2019 09:52 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

The only thing Schiff is on is his own pile of Schitt!

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 01/17/2019 09:55 AM

RustyTruck

Thank you. I Couldn't have teed that one up better myself. What does the phrase 'Fast and Furious' mean to you?

You'd have to do better than that snooze fest.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

01/17/2019 10:51 AM

Sniper

I don't particularly care whether or not you support putting assault rifles in the hands' of Mexicans and Central Americans, creating an environment that is so violent that caravans of innocent people must travel North.

That isn't really what I was pointing out. Of course you guys support that. Obama did it.

I really wanted to point out the relationship that Holder and Obama had. They worked together to seal documents from Congress and the American people. So you can go ahead and save your "OH, HOW DARE YOU?!?!?!"s when the shoe gets put on the other foot. How short do you think people's memories are? You guys act like Trump isn't allowed to talk to the next Attorney General, when Holder did whatever the f Obama told him to do.

01/17/2019 11:23 AM

johnnyboy

I always thought it was interesting to see conservatives fight any gun laws, records of gun purchases and tracking of subsequent ownership and then claim that guns sold at the border by the thousands, which could not have been legally prevented, tracked or stopped, caused deaths in Mexico where they were recovered. Care to fill us in on that?

01/17/2019 11:32 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

I thought cons argued that there is no such thing as "assault Weapons"?

Nor do I think F the "fast and Furious" witch hunt (LOL) involved any concern that the President might be a foreign asset.

Of course the AG often works to protect the President.
But I don't recall ever hearing holder argue that the President was totally above the law.

Of course he never had to.
Seems like Barr's job is to argue just that

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill

Edited: 01/17/2019 at 11:33 AM by WG
 01/17/2019 11:46 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: johnnyboy I always thought it was interesting to see conservatives fight any gun laws, records of gun purchases and tracking of subsequent ownership and then claim that guns sold at the border by the thousands, which could not have been legally prevented, tracked or stopped, caused deaths in Mexico where they were recovered. Care to fill us in on that?
Yeah. It was the gov't selling them to criminals. And, no, the buyers could not have bought them legally. Why don't you learn these things yourself instead of always relying on me to educate you?

I :heart; Q
 01/17/2019 12:02 PM

3rdworldlover

"Cartels and thugs had no access to guns before the Fast and Furious investigation. Obama armed the caravans, because he wanted open boarders!" -Qanon
 01/17/2019 01:36 PM

johnnyboy

From Wikipedia:
One 20-year veteran of ATF's Tucson office told us that before Operation Wide Receiver, all of ATF's trafficking cases were very similar in their simplicity: ATF would get a tip from an FFL [Federal Firearms Licensee][21] about a buyer who wanted a large number of firearms and information about when the transaction was scheduled to take place, and would set up surveillance and arrest the buyer when he headed southbound or at the border. Sometimes the initial buyer would cooperate with ATF, and agents would arrest the actual buyer when he showed up to take possession of the guns. If the guns went to a stash house, agents would speak with subjects at the stash house or conduct a search of the stash house. This agent told us that ATF interdicted guns as a matter of course and had been "content to make the little cases," but that Wide Receiver represented a "different direction" from ATF's typical practice.
- Report by the Office of the Inspector General on the Review of ATF's Operation Fast and Furious and Related Matters, September 2012[1]

This was not the President arming drug thugs for secret cash in Mexican land deals for his companies. Gun walking was a flawed strategy of an ATF that was trying to snare the big fish. It never implicated the President nor did he ever profit from any business transactions from these firearms sales to strawmen that were never apprehended.

Good work, Snupid. I was distracted there for a while. Its about Trump quarterbacking his own defense with corrupted officials. Not ancient history and whataboutisms.

01/17/2019 01:40 PM

Cole

Sniper, I get your point about Obama, but why do you have no problem with Trump doing the same thing?

I was right.
 01/18/2019 07:13 AM

Sniper

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

From Wikipedia:

One 20-year veteran of ATF's Tucson office told us that before Operation Wide Receiver, all of ATF's trafficking cases were very similar in their simplicity: ATF would get a tip from an FFL [Federal Firearms Licensee][21] about a buyer who wanted a large number of firearms and information about when the transaction was scheduled to take place, and would set up surveillance and arrest the buyer when he headed southbound or at the border. Sometimes the initial buyer would cooperate with ATF, and agents would arrest the actual buyer when he showed up to take possession of the guns. If the guns went to a stash house, agents would speak with subjects at the stash house or conduct a search of the stash house. This agent told us that ATF interdicted guns as a matter of course and had been "content to make the little cases," but that Wide Receiver represented a "different direction" from ATF's typical practice.

- Report by the Office of the Inspector General on the Review of ATF's Operation Fast and Furious and Related Matters, September 2012[1]

This was not the President arming drug thugs for secret cash in Mexican land deals for his companies. Gun walking was a flawed strategy of an ATF that was trying to snare the big fish. It never implicated the President nor did he ever profit from any business transactions from these firearms sales to strawmen that were never apprehended.

Good work, Snupid. I was distracted there for a while. Its about Trump quarterbacking his own defense with corrupted officials. Not ancient history and whataboutisms.

What about Obama and his Attorney General, Eric Holder, actively working together to conceal information from Congress and the Amercan people. You going to say that didn't happen?

01/18/2019 07:21 AM

RustyTruck

If you have evidence that Obama and Holder obstructed justice, then come forward and see to it that charges are filed.

That's not relevant to current situation. We now have a witness with direct knowledge who will testify that trump directed him to lie to Congress. That's a crime and it's impeachable AF.

01/18/2019 08:09 AM

Sniper

If you have evidence that Obama and Holder obstructed justice, then come forward and see to it that charges are filed.

That's not relevant to current situation. We now have a witness with direct knowledge who will testify that trump directed him to lie to Congress. That's a crime and it's impeachable AF.

Holder was held in contempt of Congress for witholding information? Once Trump has a AG working as closely with him as Holder worked with Obama, you guys are going to collectively lose your shit and that's why it is relevant.

Let's hold our horses on this Buzzfeed story about Trump instructing Cohen to lie. You won't find any "news" organizations reporting this as fact yet. Only the same organization that first put the dossier out there as fact.

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Schiff is on it.

1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .