Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Regression Therapy
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/27/2019 07:34 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/27/2019 07:34 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Zeus

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Starting with the new year i set out to avoid conservative news and only listen to or read progressive news sources with the intent by gaining a better understanding of the political ideology that is so popular today. Perhaps even join them rather than fight them. I figured it was past life experiences that formed my conservative opinions, and perhaps I have been wrong all along. I was enlightened so to speak and did in fact develop a deeper understanding of progressive thinking. I began to feel the rage and hostility building inside me that so characterizes progressives today. Emotions began to overwhelm me and blur the facts. It all seemed to be working. I was feeling progressive for the first time in my life. That is until today just moments ago while reading CNN trying to defend the situation in Venezuela when I had my aha moment. It was kind of scary. I concluded progressives are truly more ephed up than I could ever could have imagine. Completely devoid of common sense, historical knowledge and logical reasoning. I realized once again I could never go progressive without experiencing some kind of serious life altering brain damage.
 01/27/2019 07:55 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Your brain has been fried well before the new year.
 01/27/2019 10:43 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Yes zoos, you are much better off spending your time watching people parse the word collusion.

-------------------------
I was right.
 01/27/2019 11:00 AM

KeyserSoze

Joined Forum: 03/30/2011

Originally posted by Zeus
Starting with the new year i set out to avoid conservative news and only listen to or read progressive news sources with the intent by gaining a better understanding of the political ideology that is so popular today. Perhaps even join them rather than fight them. I figured it was past life experiences that formed my conservative opinions, and perhaps I have been wrong all along. I was enlightened so to speak and did in fact develop a deeper understanding of progressive thinking. I began to feel the rage and hostility building inside me that so characterizes progressives today. Emotions began to overwhelm me and blur the facts. It all seemed to be working. I was feeling progressive for the first time in my life. That is until today just moments ago while reading CNN trying to defend the situation in Venezuela when I had my aha moment. It was kind of scary. I concluded progressives are truly more ephed up than I could ever could have imagine. Completely devoid of common sense, historical knowledge and logical reasoning. I realized once again I could never go progressive without experiencing some kind of serious life altering brain damage.

- - - and posting on here is going to help you ? ?

Who is Keyser Soze?

01/27/2019 11:09 AM

Cole

via GIPHY

I was right.
 01/27/2019 11:12 AM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

Emotions began to overwhelm me and blur the facts.

Some very funny stuff, Zman!
 01/27/2019 11:17 AM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: theglide

Emotions began to overwhelm me and blur the facts.

Some very funny stuff, Zman!

Yes! Funny like a clown, not funny like haha....
 01/27/2019 04:39 PM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

That might have been funny if the run-on sentencing wasn't so sad..

01/27/2019 05:05 PM

johnnyboy

A couple of things. Your name is Zeus. That's not by chance.
You cleared your mind and sought the new religion of a different opinion only to abandon it when you couldn't agree with everything about it 100%? Seriously. Go back to your old tribe. There's comfort in conformity.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

01/28/2019 03:20 AM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

But, then again, Progs probably agree with the following; "How was he suppose to get clothes and things he needed for school?"

That's what Trevon Johnson's sister said after he was shot and killed while breaking into a home in Liberty City.

Dora Hates You
 01/28/2019 04:16 AM

damonsharp

Joined Forum: 10/16/2006

Originally posted by: Zeus I realized once again I could never go progressive without experiencing some kind of serious life altering brain damage.

Your brain has been clay for some time, Zeus.
Do you really think it matters?

Edited: 01/28/2019 at 04:17 AM by damonsharp
 01/28/2019 05:13 AM

Cole

I just watched a 5 minute Venezuelan piece on CNN and they offered no favoritism what-so-ever. Isn't that what a news source is supposed to do?

I was right.
 01/28/2019 05:38 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

I think there are a fair amount of progressives who understand that the entire special council and the idea that Trump colluded with Russia is a joke but they hate Trump so bad that they are willing to play along because they do prefer Democrat policy over Republican policy, they will do anything to get Trump out of office for any reason, and the ends justify the means. They are still extremely pissed that someone like Trump was able to beat a seasoned politician like Hillary.

Then you have those in the Democrat/ Progressive camp who are just plain stupid. Those are all the ones who don't fall into the category I mentioned above.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden

Edited: 01/28/2019 at 05:39 AM by Sniper
 01/28/2019 06:36 AM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: Sniper

I think there are a fair amount of progressives who understand that the entire special council and the idea that Trump colluded with Russia is a joke but they hate Trump so bad that they are willing to play along because they do prefer Democrat policy over Republican policy, they will do anything to get Trump out of office for any reason, and the ends justify the means. They are still extremely pissed that someone like Trump was able to beat a seasoned politician like Hillary.

Then you have those in the Democrat/ Progressive camp who are just plain stupid. Those are all the ones who don't fall into the category I mentioned above.

LOL This says it all....
 01/28/2019 06:41 AM

HAPDigital

Knuckleheads still don't realize a Republican assigned Republican Deputy AG initiated the investigation. Top it off you Trump idiots can never spell counsel correctly. I doubt you guys "think" much at all. Make sure you know what you are talking about before you call others stupid, stupid.
 01/28/2019 08:05 AM

Sniper

Originally posted by: HAPDigital

Knuckleheads still don't realize a Republican assigned Republican Deputy AG initiated the investigation. Top it off you Trump idiots can never spell counsel correctly. I doubt you guys "think" much at all. Make sure you know what you are talking about before you call others stupid, stupid.

The fact that a Republican initiated the investigation, doesn't really mean shit. Plenty of Republicans also hate Trump. Up until him, there was a certain path you followed to be President. Trump didn't follow that, so now if any of them want to be President, they not only have to continue to compete with each other, but they also have to compete with people outside of their field. Not only that but they can't have someone from the outside coming in and fixing too much because it would prove how disfunctional Washington has been for decades.

Congrats on winning the spelling bee as a kid. You guys were always the most gifted socially and always the most fun to hang out with.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

01/28/2019 08:16 AM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: Sniper

Originally posted by: HAPDigital

The fact that a Republican initiated the investigation, doesn't really mean shit. Plenty of Republicans also hate Trump. Up until him, there was a certain path you followed to be President. Trump didn't follow that, so now if any of them want to be President, they not only have to continue to compete with each other, but they also have to compete with people outside of their field. Not only that but they can't have someone from the outside coming in and fixing too much because it would prove how disfunctional Washington has been for decades.

Congrats on winning the spelling bee as a kid. You guys were always the most gifted socially and always the most fun to hang out with.

You're just making crap up. None of what you've said here is based on any facts. Not even the spelling bee crap. You go on hunches that are completely off base. It's why you guys fall for all that Qanon and conspiracy theory crap. If I had a dime for every time you guys continue to write false crap about Clinton and uranium, I'd be very well off.
 01/28/2019 08:25 AM

johnnyboy

To be clear. Mueller is not a joke. His investing is real and the people he had indicted so far are well deserving. There is a narrative here that has permeated the entire discussion with trump and it is this: if you don't like trump and you think he's incompetent crybaby sloganeering empty suit, then you are biased against him and your criticisms cannot discussed without talking about that bias first.

This is essentially an attack on the messenger in the hopes of undermining the message. It only works if you are not aware of it or you respond to the personal attack with your own defense, thereby distracting from the message. Snupid tries this all the time, usually from a pretend position of objectivity. It's condescending. It's worse if he tries to act wounded when I call him out on it.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

01/28/2019 08:59 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: johnnyboy To be clear. Mueller is not a joke. His investing is real and the people he had indicted so far are well deserving. There is a narrative here that has permeated the entire discussion with trump and it is this: if you don't like trump and you think he's incompetent crybaby sloganeering empty suit, then you are biased against him and your criticisms cannot discussed without talking about that bias first. This is essentially an attack on the messenger in the hopes of undermining the message. It only works if you are not aware of it or you respond to the personal attack with your own defense, thereby distracting from the message. Snupid tries this all the time, usually from a pretend position of objectivity. It's condescending. It's worse if he tries to act wounded when I call him out on it.
We conservatives have much to condescend about when dealing with progs.

I :heart; Q
 01/28/2019 09:04 AM

Sniper

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

To be clear. Mueller is not a joke. His investing is real and the people he had indicted so far are well deserving. There is a narrative here that has permeated the entire discussion with trump and it is this: if you don't like trump and you think he's incompetent crybaby sloganeering empty suit, then you are biased against him and your criticisms cannot discussed without talking about that bias first.

This is essentially an attack on the messenger in the hopes of undermining the message. It only works if you are not aware of it or you respond to the personal attack with your own defense, thereby distracting from the message. Snupid tries this all the time, usually from a pretend position of objectivity. It's condescending. It's worse if he tries to act wounded when I call him out on it.

Never have I seen someone use so many words to say so little.

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Regression Therapy

1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .