Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/28/2019 12:35 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/28/2019 12:35 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

01/28/2019 01:00 PM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

Don't the tax cuts "pay for themselves"?

Isn't Mexico paying for the wall?

It seems the debt only matters when we have a democratic president.
 01/28/2019 01:00 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

The big picture: Treasury borrowing surpassed $1 trillion during President Obama's first term as government spending soared amid the stimulus to combat the 2008 financial crisis, but it has steadily declined in the years since, settling down to $519 billion in 2017 before nearly doubling last year.

So much winning.

-------------------------
Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 01/28/2019 02:26 PM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

Personally RT, I could care less what the debt is, we'll never be able to pay it back.

What's ironic is Faux Entertainment and the GOP made it daily news when Obama was president but don't pay much attention to it now!
 01/28/2019 03:17 PM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Watch how they care about search and seizure when it comes to the recently indicted.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

01/28/2019 03:31 PM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: theglide

Personally RT, I could care less what the debt is, we'll never be able to pay it back.

What's ironic is Faux Entertainment and the GOP made it daily news when Obama was president but don't pay much attention to it now!

It does have long term consequences. Ignoring the things we think won't affect us is what got the planet in this mess.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

01/28/2019 07:06 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

And this is in a pretty solid economy. What happens when it lags or God forbid, fails?

I was right.
 01/29/2019 07:00 AM

RustyTruck

How long before service on the debt becomes untenable?

01/29/2019 07:44 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: RustyTruck How long before service on the debt becomes untenable?
It is coming. Glad to see progs are finally concerned about this. I assume that you guys will agree that in light of this debt, Medicare of all ($3.5 trillion/yr.), student loan forgiveness ( $1 trillion), free college tuition ($47 billion/yr.), guaranteed federal jobs ($6.8 trillion) are off the table? Looking out 30 years, our current obligations would cost $83 trillion. These prog proposals would cost an extra $218 trillion. Of course, we could raise taxes to cover that. Bascially, we would have to raise the tax rates to 100% on corporations and individuals to pay for all of that. Has common sense finally infiltrated through the thick skulls of progs? I think not. So spare us your false concern about deficits, you jerks.

I :heart; Q
 01/29/2019 07:53 AM

RustyTruck

Medicare for all is a net savings if you look at the overall economy. We already spend more and get less than any developed country.

Student loan forgiveness and college should be financed through corporate taxation, but it would be a progressive tax which I realize your righties have a hard time understanding (talk about thick skulls).

Jerks? How rude. Stop trying to protect wealthy corporations who get fat on the the unpaid labor of the workers.

01/29/2019 08:18 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck Medicare for all is a net savings if you look at the overall economy. We already spend more and get less than any developed country. Student loan forgiveness and college should be financed through corporate taxation, but it would be a progressive tax which I realize your righties have a hard time understanding (talk about thick skulls). Jerks? How rude. Stop trying to protect wealthy corporations who get fat on the the unpaid labor of the workers.
Medicare for all is a net saving? Doubt that. But, so what? It will still add $35 trillion to federal spending over what we have now. and it ain't going to be payed for by new taxes. So, it will add to the debt. We all know that. American won't stomach that. You think the Gilets Jaunes are pissed?

01/29/2019 09:03 AM

RustyTruck

Let's say it adds $35 trillion to federal spending, but reduces individual premiums paid to insurance companies (who produce nothing of value, just suck dollars into their pockets) by $40 trillion.
We lift the burden currently on business to subsidize employee coverage, free workers to change jobs when they like without fear of losing coverage, reduce tons of redundancy in the claims processing space, and reduce costs through economies of scale.

And if that's not enough, we eliminate the #1 cause of personal bankruptcy in the USA. No more "Go Fund Me" for the local kid with leukemia or the indestructible kid whose motorcycle hit a tree.

Maybe I should remind you that the Gilet Jaunes HAVE A NATIONAL HEALTHCARE SYSTEM. Want to see them really flip? Tell them you're taking that away so they can purchase private coverage like the dumbass Americans.

01/29/2019 12:11 PM

all3

Joined Forum: 12/28/2011

You are making too much sense there RT, they won't be able to deal with it

"I remember South Africa in the late 70's, sleeping on the beach at J-bay, smoking ganja with the blacks. On weekends we'd go to the pub in East London to drink beer and fight with the Afrikaners. They liked to fight, I liked to fight. It was a good time"
 01/30/2019 06:46 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: all3 You are making too much sense there RT, they won't be able to deal with it
No, here is what makes sense. Sander's medicare for all would cost $35 trillion. His proposed taxes would raise around $15 trillion. So, another $15 Trillion in deficits. AOC's New Green Deal would cost $7 trillion. Her proposed taxes would raise $300 billion. So another $7 trillion in deficits. Basically another $2 trillion per year in deficits for as far as the eye can see if we enact those two budget busters.

01/30/2019 07:57 AM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Wait - so now you are concerned about the deficit? Can you dotards make up your mind please...

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 01/30/2019 08:12 AM

RustyTruck

Not when it's to fund a tax cut, or corporate welfare program like military spending.

01/30/2019 08:31 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: wtf Wait - so now you are concerned about the deficit? Can you dotards make up your mind please...
Always have been. Progs must have the attention span of a gnat. But, anyway, so are you neo/faux fiscal conservatives now against all the prog lunacy that will turbo charge the deficit?

01/30/2019 10:20 AM

RustyTruck

First thing is to reverse the trump giveaway that cost the nation billions. Then we implement fair taxes to recover the wealth created by American workers and stolen by the corporations.
Implementing Medicare for all is net savings. Green New deal will boost employment and create needed infrastructure.

Dems tend to reduce the deficit anyway historically I believe.

01/30/2019 10:53 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

Implementing Medicare for all is net savings.

Green New deal will boost employment and create needed infrastructure.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAH!

How can you say that shit with a straight face?!?!

LIAR!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.

Edited: 01/30/2019 at 10:58 AM by Fish Killer
 01/30/2019 11:25 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck First thing is to reverse the trump giveaway that cost the nation billions. Then we implement fair taxes to recover the wealth created by American workers and stolen by the corporations. Implementing Medicare for all is net savings. Green New deal will boost employment and create needed infrastructure. Dems tend to reduce the deficit anyway historically I believe.
I am an American worker. I can't think of a single instance that a corporation stole anything from me. I buy something and they give me something in return. I must be lucky. The gov't is a different story. They take my money from me all of the time.

Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .