Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: "It's official..."
Topic Summary: chump's fat cat tax giveaway
Created On: 02/05/2019 09:13 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/08/2019 06:33 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

Havent done my taxes yet, but based on that chart I may be one of those getting FUCT ....We'll see....
 02/08/2019 06:39 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: Plan B Havent done my taxes yet, but based on that chart I may be one of those getting FUCT ....We'll see....
Great. We are proud of you for paying your fair share. Why don't you add a few thousand to help pay for the New Green Deal.

-------------------------
I :heart; Q
 02/08/2019 06:45 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Originally posted by: Plan B

Havent done my taxes yet, but based on that chart I may be one of those getting FUCT ....We'll see....

I'd be very surprised if you can't find an accountant who can unFUCT you. Those are some pretty narrow windows.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 02/08/2019 06:52 AM

Pagerow

Joined Forum: 12/22/2005

Middle Class Dads Freak Out About Trump Tax Hike

Is it really not their fault that they got duped by the Con Man in Chief?

GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
 02/08/2019 06:55 AM

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

Originally posted by: Sniper
Originally posted by: Plan B Havent done my taxes yet, but based on that chart I may be one of those getting FUCT [IMG][/IMG] ....We'll see....
I'd be very surprised if you can't find an accountant who can unFUCT you. Those are some pretty narrow windows.
Oh, I know.... that's why I said "we'll see"
 02/08/2019 07:04 AM

sw

Joined Forum: 10/13/2005

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

I'd hate to be the poor bastard who comes out at $37,501.

He's MAGAfucked.

Why?

Doesn't he only pay the higher 25% tax rate on just that one dollar over $37,500?

Every dollar you make from $0 to $9,275 is still taxed at the 10% rate (now 12%), then every dollar from $9,275 up to $37,500 is taxed at the 15% rate (now 12%). That's how it works for everyone.
 02/08/2019 07:24 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: sw
Originally posted by: RustyTruck I'd hate to be the poor bastard who comes out at $37,501. He's MAGAfucked.
Why? Doesn't he only pay the higher 25% tax rate on just that one dollar over $37,500? Every dollar you make from $0 to $9,275 is still taxed at the 10% rate (now 12%), then every dollar from $9,275 up to $37,500 is taxed at the 15% rate (now 12%). That's how it works for everyone.
Yep, that is how it works. Progs don't know much about taxes. Their only experience with taxes is voting to raise them on normal Americans. Progs typically don't work and don't, therefore, pay taxes.

02/08/2019 07:28 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Originally posted by: sw

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

I'd hate to be the poor bastard who comes out at $37,501.

He's MAGAfucked.

Why?

Doesn't he only pay the higher 25% tax rate on just that one dollar over $37,500?

Every dollar you make from $0 to $9,275 is still taxed at the 10% rate (now 12%), then every dollar from $9,275 up to $37,500 is taxed at the 15% rate (now 12%). That's how it works for everyone.

Yep, that is how it works. Progs don't know much about taxes. Their only experience with taxes is voting to raise them on normal Americans. Progs typically don't work and don't, therefore, pay taxes.

My mistake, same mistake everyone at Faux made when AOC suggested 70% top bracket.

But the fact remains, this was a massive give away to the richest people in the country, and an increase on the poor and many middle class taxpayers due to the limits on deductions.

I haven't done mine yet so we'll see, I imagine I'll save some but I don't really need it.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 02/08/2019 08:09 AM

tpapablo

There was no increase of taxes on the poor or middle class. That is an outright falsehood.

02/08/2019 08:14 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Originally posted by: Pagerow

Middle Class Dads Freak Out About Trump Tax Hike

Is it really not their fault that they got duped by the Con Man in Chief?

Again, the only way this happens to a middle-class dad is if they live in states that have very high state taxes and very high property taxes and the rest of the country has already been subsidizing them for years.

With the exception of households who make $225,000 - $231,450 or $75,000-$75,300, you are going to do better. In addition to the tax brackets being more friendly, the standard deduction also doubled.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 02/08/2019 08:50 AM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

It isn't just about tax brackets of course there are several changes that work together that affect your total tax. The increase of the standard deduction is tied with reduction in the personal and dependent exemptions. When you make lots of money exemptions don't matter that much toward the total bill. But they matter to lower income people. Here is an example:

"In 2017, a family of four would have enjoyed a personal exemption of $16,200 ($4,050 x 4) and a standard deduction of $12,700, totaling a combined deduction of $28,900.
But in 2018, they can no longer claim the personal deduction, and their standard deduction is $24,000, or lower than the deduction they enjoyed in 2017."

HOWEVER, child tax credits are calculated differently...

I haven't quite completed my taxes but my effective rate is down slightly. It's about a wash and I would gladly give the few dollars back to get rid of the commie loving scam artist.

02/08/2019 09:48 AM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

The rest of us are tired of subsidizing corporations. This is all the tax bill was - put the burden on the backs of hard working American's while the greedy keep on skimming more and more off the top. We are also tired of places like Amazon who have full time employees that still do not make a living wage and are reliant on welfare to make end meet. We have all these CEO's that are billionaires, yet they have FT employees on welfare - that's fucked that I am paying for that. 70% marginal on highest earners is coming - the majority of the public both dem and rep OVERWHELMINGLY support it.

trump and his dotards are the real RINO's. Real Republican's are starting to see the writing on the wall, some already have like George Will.

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 02/08/2019 10:24 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: wtf The rest of us are tired of subsidizing corporations. This is all the tax bill was - put the burden on the backs of hard working American's while the greedy keep on skimming more and more off the top. We are also tired of places like Amazon who have full time employees that still do not make a living wage and are reliant on welfare to make end meet. We have all these CEO's that are billionaires, yet they have FT employees on welfare - that's fucked that I am paying for that. 70% marginal on highest earners is coming - the majority of the public both dem and rep OVERWHELMINGLY support it. trump and his dotards are the real RINO's. Real Republican's are starting to see the writing on the wall, some already have like George Will.
Such ignorance of the way things work. Most people understand that any taxes on a corporation gets passed down to the consumer of that corporation's goods. Tax rates on a corporation make no difference whatsoever on the burden borne by the consumer. All it does is hide another tax on the consumer. As far as employees working at less than "living wage," whose fault is that? Amazon isn't holding a gun to anyone's head to get them to work there. Thus, we have these people, by their own free will, choosing to work at Amazon. If you resent paying them welfare, I suggest that you speak to your representatives and tell them to decrease those benefits. While you are at it, you might tell them to cut off illegals altogether. Anyway, it is this kind of ignorance that leads to these hare-brained schemes by politicians who assume that their constituents are too dumb to understand what's going on.

02/08/2019 10:33 AM

3rdworldlover

yeah, nobody's found a way to take money without producing anything.

02/08/2019 10:35 AM

Greensleeves

Most of tspank's best friends are corporations
 02/08/2019 11:18 AM

wtf

Originally posted by: wtf

The rest of us are tired of subsidizing corporations. This is all the tax bill was - put the burden on the backs of hard working American's while the greedy keep on skimming more and more off the top. We are also tired of places like Amazon who have full time employees that still do not make a living wage and are reliant on welfare to make end meet. We have all these CEO's that are billionaires, yet they have FT employees on welfare - that's fucked that I am paying for that. 70% marginal on highest earners is coming - the majority of the public both dem and rep OVERWHELMINGLY support it.

trump and his dotards are the real RINO's. Real Republican's are starting to see the writing on the wall, some already have like George Will.

Such ignorance of the way things work. Most people understand that any taxes on a corporation gets passed down to the consumer of that corporation's goods. Tax rates on a corporation make no difference whatsoever on the burden borne by the consumer. All it does is hide another tax on the consumer. As far as employees working at less than "living wage," whose fault is that? Amazon isn't holding a gun to anyone's head to get them to work there. Thus, we have these people, by their own free will, choosing to work at Amazon. If you resent paying them welfare, I suggest that you speak to your representatives and tell them to decrease those benefits. While you are at it, you might tell them to cut off illegals altogether. Anyway, it is this kind of ignorance that leads to these hare-brained schemes by politicians who assume that their constituents are too dumb to understand what's going on.

You are the ignorant one my friend...keep pushing that BS, I know better...

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 02/08/2019 12:24 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: wtf The rest of us are tired of subsidizing corporations. This is all the tax bill was - put the burden on the backs of hard working American's while the greedy keep on skimming more and more off the top. We are also tired of places like Amazon who have full time employees that still do not make a living wage and are reliant on welfare to make end meet. We have all these CEO's that are billionaires, yet they have FT employees on welfare - that's fucked that I am paying for that. 70% marginal on highest earners is coming - the majority of the public both dem and rep OVERWHELMINGLY support it. trump and his dotards are the real RINO's. Real Republican's are starting to see the writing on the wall, some already have like George Will.
Well, what is your theory on how corporations deal with tax increases? Enlighten us on what they really do.

02/08/2019 02:59 PM

Cole

The Asshole said it so it must be true. Is Tpap ever right?

The fact is my taxes didn't change and all the tax breaks for everyone but the wealthy will go away within three to five years, unless we get Democrats into the Senate and White House. The wealthy got theirs, it's time for Joe and Jolenne Sixpack to get ours.

I was right.

Edited: 02/08/2019 at 02:59 PM by Cole
 02/09/2019 04:03 AM

wtf

Well, what is your theory on how corporations deal with tax increases? Enlighten us on what they really do.

One can very easily raise on one while lowering the other. It's not that complicated. In fact your chief dotard has suggested that very idea. It'll have to happen now if he has any chance of getting reelected. Not sure why you dotards continue to shill for behemoth corporations that have zero concern for you.

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 02/10/2019 04:50 AM

wtf

Uh oh, the story this week is already trending toward how people are being screwed by this new tax law. Twitter has erupted, just look at #taxrefund. It's so blatant - the give away to the uber rich, some dotards are suddenly seeing they have been fed a giant pile of shit.

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : "It's official..."

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .