Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Excerpt from McCabe's book
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/14/2019 12:09 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/14/2019 12:09 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

On Wednesday, May 10, 2017, my first full day on the job as acting director of the FBI, I sat down with senior staff involved in the Russia case - the investigation into alleged ties between the Trump campaign and the Russian government. As the meeting began, my secretary relayed a message that the White House was calling. The president himself was on the line. I had spoken with him the night before, in the Oval Office, when he told me he had fired James Comey.

A call like this was highly unusual. Presidents do not, typically, call FBI directors. There should be no direct contact between the president and the director, except for national-security purposes. The reason is simple. Investigations and prosecutions need to be pursued without a hint of suspicion that someone who wields power has put a thumb on the scale.

The Russia team was in my office. I took the call on an unclassified line. That was another strange thing - the president was calling on a phone that was not secure. The voice on the other end said, It's Don Trump calling. I said, Hello, Mr. President, how are you? Apart from my surprise that he was calling at all, I was surprised that he referred to himself as "Don."

The president said, I'm good. You know - boy, it's incredible, it's such a great thing, people are really happy about the fact that the director's gone, and it's just remarkable what people are saying. Have you seen that? Are you seeing that, too?

He went on: I received hundreds of messages from FBI people - how happy they are that I fired him. There are people saying things on the media, have you seen that? What's it like there in the building?

This is what it was like: You could go to any floor and you would see small groups gathering in hallways, some people even crying. The overwhelming majority liked and admired Director Comey - his personal style, the integrity of his conduct. Now we were laboring under the same dank, gray shadow that had been creeping over Washington during the few months Donald Trump had been in office.

The ranting against Comey spiraled. I waited until he had talked himself out.

Toward the end of the conversation, the president brought up the subject of my wife. Jill had run unsuccessfully for the Virginia state Senate back in 2015, and the president had said false and malicious things about her during his campaign in order to tarnish the FBI. He said, How is your wife? I said, She's fine. He said, When she lost her election, that must have been very tough to lose. How did she handle losing? Is it tough to lose?

I replied, I guess it's tough to lose anything. But she's rededicated herself to her career and her job and taking care of kids in the emergency room. That's what she does.

He replied in a tone that sounded like a sneer. He said, "Yeah, that must've been really tough. To lose. To be a loser."

I wrote a memo about this conversation that very day. I wrote memos about my interactions with President Trump for the same reason that Comey did: to have a contemporaneous record of conversations with a person who cannot be trusted.

People do not appreciate how far we have fallen from normal standards of presidential accountability. Today we have a president who is willing not only to comment prejudicially on criminal prosecutions but to comment on ones that potentially affect him. He does both of these things almost daily. He is not just sounding a dog whistle. He is lobbying for a result. The president has stepped over bright ethical and moral lines wherever he has encountered them. Every day brings a new low, with the president exposing himself as a deliberate liar who will say whatever he pleases to get whatever he wants. If he were "on the box" at Quantico, he would break the machine.

http://www.theatlantic.com/pol...rpt-the-threat/582748/

Edited: 02/14/2019 at 12:13 PM by 3rdworldlover
 02/14/2019 12:14 PM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

The FBI is weaponized....

It needs a complete house cleaning.

Fact!

-------------------------
The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 02/14/2019 12:27 PM

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Firing two directors and leaking private phone conversations of two employees wasn't enough "cleaning" for you?

Do we need to post the definitions of fact and opinion for you, again?
 02/14/2019 01:08 PM

Pagerow

Joined Forum: 12/22/2005

So very presidential...

GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
 02/14/2019 01:49 PM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Absolutely, fire everyone investigating Trump. Protect him. Prevent any accountability. You know, house cleaning. Turns out house cleaning means something new now, it means voting in the opposing party and forcing the angry man child to accept the House as equal, independent branch of business. I love the new clean house.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .