Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Trump wins in Supreme court yet again.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/19/2019 01:49 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/19/2019 01:49 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Trump wins. Big turn around from Obama. Obama got hammed by the S.Ct. That rotten ass committed Constitutional and statutory violations left and right. Not so with Trump.

-------------------------
I :heart; Q
 03/19/2019 01:56 PM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

trump's like 1-76 in rulings. LMFAO, keep reaching...

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 03/19/2019 02:01 PM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

'Federal judges have ruled against the Trump administration at least 63 times over the past two years, an extraordinary record of legal defeat that has stymied large parts of the president's agenda on the environment, immigration and other matters.

In case after case, judges have rebuked Trump officials for failing to follow the most basic rules of governance, including providing legitimate explanations for shifts in policy, supported by facts and, where required, public input.'

"What they have consistently been doing is short-circuiting the process," said Georgetown Law School's William Buzbee, an expert on administrative law who has studied Trump's record. In the regulatory cases, Buzbee said, "They don't even come close" to explaining their actions, "making it very easy for the courts to reject them because they're not doing their homework."

Two-thirds of the cases accuse the Trump administration of violating the Administrative Procedure Act (APA), a 73-year-old law that forms the primary bulwark against arbitrary rule. The normal "win rate" for the government in such cases is about 70 percent, according to analysts and studies. But as of mid-January, a database maintained by the Institute for Policy Integrity at the New York University School of Law shows Trump's win rate at about 6 percent.

Seth Jaffe, a Boston-based environmental lawyer who represents corporations and had been looking forward to deregulation under Trump, said he has been frustrated by the administration's failure to deliver.

"I've spent 30 years in the private sector complaining about the excesses of environmental regulation," Jaffe said, but "this administration has given regulatory reform a bad name."

Some errors are so basic that Jaffe said he has to wonder whether agency officials are more interested in announcing policy shifts than in actually implementing them. "It's not just that they're losing. But they're being so nuts about it," he said, adding that the losses in court have "set regulatory reform back for a period of time."

Contributing to the losing record has been Trump himself. His reported comments about "shithole countries," for example, helped convince U.S. District Judge Edward Chen in San Francisco that the administration's decision to end "temporary protected status" for hundreds of thousands of immigrants from Central America, Haiti and Sudan was motivated by racial and ethnic bias.

At least a dozen decisions have involved Trump's tweets or comments.

Matthew Collette, who served as the deputy director of the Justice Department's Civil Division appellate staff until his departure in October, said that in his 30 years at the department, he had not seen so many losses for a presidential administration in such a short time. "I don't think there's any doubt about that," he said.

#Somuchwinning
#Thisistooeasy
#Lilmushroomcap

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 03/19/2019 02:16 PM

tpapablo

Federal Judges don't mean squat. It is how it goes in the end. He has won where it matters. In this case, for example, Trump lost at the district and circuit levels. All that means is that the judges at those levels are idiots.

03/19/2019 02:51 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Federal Judges don't mean squat. It is how it goes in the end. He has won where it matters. In this case, for example, Trump lost at the district and circuit levels. All that means is that the judges at those levels are idiots.

Then why were you just gloating over Trump's appointment of them the other day?

We are winning was your quote as I recall.

Personally, I have no issue with them holding criminals. Most people don't.

I was right.
 03/19/2019 04:40 PM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Pattycakes is all over the map.

TpaFishKiller more like it.

When America was "great"
 03/19/2019 04:46 PM

tpapablo

Because most cases don't get to the Supreme Court and the rulings there are what stand. That generally doesn't apply to presidential power though. So when Obama's judges rule against Trump, they are meaningless. Other decisions often are not.

03/19/2019 07:37 PM

Greensleeves

Wow! And that case will change not one damn thing. even tspank's celebrations are pitiful.
 03/20/2019 05:38 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Obama Has Lost in the Supreme Court More Than Any Modern President By Ilya Shapiro
Each year, Supreme Court reporters and legal pundits devise a "theme" for the term just ended. They try to connect disparate cases into a coherent narrative about, for example, "the court's turn to the Left," the "triumph of minimalism," or even its "libertarian moment." Such trendspotting is mainly an artificial exercise driven by the vagaries of the docket; it's not like the justices suddenly decide to make ideological shifts or alter jurisprudential approaches.
This term, however, confirmed a very real phenomenon: the Obama administration, by historical standards, has done exceedingly poorly before the Supreme Court. While this conclusion may seem counterintuitive given the term's liberal victories on abortion and affirmative action - or previous terms' rulings upholding Obamacare - the statistics are staggering.

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 03/20/2019 06:02 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Because most cases don't get to the Supreme Court and the rulings there are what stand. That generally doesn't apply to presidential power though. So when Obama's judges rule against Trump, they are meaningless. Other decisions often are not.

Yep, all over the place.

As far as this ruling? Who cares.

I was right.
 03/20/2019 06:05 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Things are not going well at all for trump or his minions. Arguing with a dead guy on twitter is a heck of a way to lead. He knows Mueller is all up in his bidness and it's driving him insane.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 03/20/2019 07:17 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: fishkller Pattycakes is all over the map. TpaFishKiller more like it.
Not sure why I thought you nitwits would understand. Anyway, a good and helpful ruling which will hurt the prog agenda.

03/20/2019 07:23 AM

Greensleeves

Really? Explain how it hurts anyone's agenda. It's white noise
 03/21/2019 05:54 AM

Cole

I'm not really comfortable with people being held forever with no due process, no matter where they come from or what they have done. This is just another step in our further descent into a Banana Republic.

I was right.
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .