Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Crisis? What Crisis?
Topic Summary: We ain't got no stinking crisis
Created On: 04/03/2019 05:32 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/03/2019 05:32 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Zeus

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Images of the caravans coming out of Mexico today are looking like the pilgrimage to the Kumbha Mela with no end in sight. Dems can no longer say its a manufactured crisis with a straight face, and people are starting to see them for the lying stooges that they really are. Pretty sad when a large group of elected officials look stupider than Trump.
 04/03/2019 05:37 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Yes, it is, and has been a humanitarian crisis for some time now and Trump has still done nothing about it. More camps, more officers, more judges. A wall in two years won't do a damn thing.

-------------------------
I was right.

Edited: 04/03/2019 at 05:38 AM by Cole
 04/04/2019 07:57 AM

Zeus

Pretty sure there would have been a lot done if not for stonewalling by the loony left majority in the House. I agree a wall is not the answer, but I also contend wide open boarders aren't either. When political posturing is more important than the nation's best interest, its a sure sign our government is totally FUBAR, with the emphasis on BAR.
 04/04/2019 08:04 AM

Greensleeves

zoos all in for his phony news sites. The "crisis" at the border has only been exacerbated by the madman at the helm. "Hey everyone we better get there now before he closes it"

Plus there is true suffering happening down there. The tough guy attitude of "making" Mexico do things or pulling money from these poor countries ain't helping.

$hit zoos the GOP had control of everything there for a while and nothing happened.

You still think the rich care? They don't.
 04/04/2019 09:13 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Refugees are not illegal aliens. The difference is lost on zooz and most trumpists. It's a distinction they don't care to make; to them all brown people are "Mexicans".
But it's a legal difference, and refugees are entitled to humane treatment under international law.

Anyone mistreating them or denying them their legal rights risks being held accountable when just government is restored in the US.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 04/04/2019 09:52 AM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Thanks RT. People need to quit watching faux propaganda, it's making them more stupid by the second.

These people are not illegals until they cross the border w/o the proper permission to do so. It is very well within US and Int'l law i.e. legal for anyone to come to a port of entry and seek asylum.

With that said, we do need to shore up the border. For the 1000th time - we need more boots on the ground, eyes in the air (drones are cheap these days), and more people in the courts to help process these people - that's where I want my tax money spend, not on some boondoggle wall that I was told Mexico would pay for.

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay

Edited: 04/04/2019 at 09:53 AM by wtf
 04/04/2019 10:31 AM

RustyTruck

No approach to immigration will be successful if we don't look carefully at the underlying causes of mass migration.

Our foreign policy has contributed to the economic devastation and crime they are fleeing.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

04/04/2019 11:10 AM

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

Originally posted by: RustyTruck Refugees are not illegal aliens. The difference is lost on zooz and most trumpists. It's a distinction they don't care to make; to them all brown people are "Mexicans".
part of the issue is qualification. if they cross the border without being accepted as refugees, they are illegal aliens to cons and by the law as well. to most liberals they are refugees seeking asylum and not illegal aliens regardless. the real determination should be the law. in short, to establish eligibility for asylum or refugee status, you must prove you are either the victim of past persecution or you have a well-founded fear of future persecution. of course that is hard to prove and make your case unless you are in the country in the first place, thus ports of entry. chicken and egg of sorts otherwise. how many central americans that qualify depends on interpretation of the law. by current interpretation, some definitely do, but most probably do not. at least that is my understanding of the situation

Edited: 04/04/2019 at 11:12 AM by RiddleMe
 04/04/2019 11:40 AM

tpapablo

Folks, progs and dems said that there is no crisis on the border. As they lie about or are wrong about everything, that is all you needed to know that it is a crisis. In the future, if you want to know the truth about any topic, see what progs/dems are saying and the truth is the opposite. That's how I do it and I am almost always right, as you know.

I :heart; Q
 04/04/2019 12:09 PM

Greensleeves

If tspank's art of the deal hero was anywhere near the alpha male they need him to be there would be plenty of money for the crisis. He's a stooge. His insistence on a wall f-ed all the deals. And now he's cutting aid to the countries in crisis. Admit it GOP fan boys your posse is clueless on how to run anything but a hotel (with illegals doing the cleaning).
 04/04/2019 12:19 PM

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

If it was such a crisis, why didn't the origin traitor build his wall when he had all of the gubmint kissing his big fat azz?
 04/04/2019 12:27 PM

RiddleMe

Originally posted by: Greensleeves If tspank's art of the deal hero was anywhere near the alpha male they need him to be there would be plenty of money for the crisis. He's a stooge. His insistence on a wall f-ed all the deals. And now he's cutting aid to the countries in crisis. Admit it GOP fan boys your posse is clueless on how to run anything but a hotel (with illegals doing the cleaning).
i see the point in cutting aid as it does not appear to be helping anything. the right call would be to redirect the funds to those at the border. get them shelter, food, expedite processing, etc we know trump wont do the right thing
 04/04/2019 12:35 PM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Originally posted by: RiddleMe

Originally posted by: Greensleeves

If tspank's art of the deal hero was anywhere near the alpha male they need him to be there would be plenty of money for the crisis. He's a stooge. His insistence on a wall f-ed all the deals. And now he's cutting aid to the countries in crisis. Admit it GOP fan boys your posse is clueless on how to run anything but a hotel (with illegals doing the cleaning).

i see the point in cutting aid as it does not appear to be helping anything. the right call would be to redirect the funds to those at the border. get them shelter, food, expedite processing, etc we know trump wont do the right thing

Usually, giving people what they want doesn't stop the situation from happening again. You guys think the solution is to let more of them in? lol Help me understand how rewarding their behavior helps the situation at all. It isn't like they are in prison. They can go home if they want to.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 04/04/2019 12:47 PM

Greensleeves

Who said that? There are laws on the books that provide for asylum. You don't like them? Get the party of the wall to change them. In the meantime the great alienator is completely out of his league and through his own arrogance and with no checks on his behavior from the cowardly and greedy GOP he actually sped up the exodus of people to this country. If y'all listened to anything but faux you would know that.

Do the math. Just part of the aid we give in defense to our a-hole friends Egypt Saudi Arabia and Israel would do a $hitload to either shore up the border in southern mexico or prop up security in the coutries south so people could live there.

And how about this. The dirtbag in chief didn't want any feds and that includes ICE and border protection to have a raise. Yeah he has the dimwits who love him snowed and he does not deserve it.
 04/04/2019 12:48 PM

RiddleMe

Originally posted by: Sniper Usually, giving people what they want doesn't stop the situation from happening again. You guys think the solution is to let more of them in? lol Help me understand how rewarding their behavior helps the situation at all. It isn't like they are in prison. They can go home if they want to.
i agree that this invites more to come and the situation repeating itself. we cant fix the problems in their countries though. shutting the border isnt an option either, i like my avocados. i am saying we use the money to fix the problem on our end instead. if people can be processed in a timely and fair manner, we wouldnt have them backed up at the border. they would also be less inclined to take their chances cross illegally, if they knew it meant they immediately go back
 04/04/2019 12:48 PM

RustyTruck

What are you freaking BF Skinner? If you don't want people coming here as refugees, help do something about the conditions in their country which WE HELPED CREATE.

Abusing helpless people isn't going to get any of you slobs into heaven either. I'd say the only "pearly gates" you'll see when the light fades will be a trump wall that you built for yourself with your cruelty. And you won't be on the good side of it.

04/04/2019 12:49 PM

RiddleMe

Originally posted by: Greensleeves There are laws on the books that provide for asylum.
by law, unfortunately most wont qualify. there has to be a better way to allow people in that want to come is all i am saying. better to fix that than keep fueling something that is broken
 04/04/2019 12:50 PM

RiddleMe

Originally posted by: RustyTruck do something about the conditions in their country which WE HELPED CREATE.
we cant though. no way we can guarantee any effort we make will improve the conditions. corruption is rife
 04/04/2019 02:03 PM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

ref·u·gee
/?refyo?o?j?/
noun
a person who has been forced to leave their country in order to escape war, persecution, or natural disaster.

These people are not fleeing for their lives. They are trying to come here to better their lives, which is pretty much why anyone tries to come here and is what our legal immigration process was designed to manage. Why do these people from Central and South America deserve preferential treatment over people from Asia or Europe? Achieving legal, permanent, status in the United States isn't easy and that is by design. If someone isn't willing to put in the effort to get here legally, then chances are they aren't going to make it anyway.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 04/04/2019 04:07 PM

RustyTruck

Easy to say when you're descendents of people who came when there were no immigration laws.

Most of these people are native Americans. They were in the Americas before Columbus. Now colonists want to put up a fence and tell them they don't belong here.

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Crisis? What Crisis?

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .