Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: the anthropocene
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/18/2019 05:40 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/18/2019 05:40 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

article found here. good read. may be eye opening for a couple of our dotards, perhaps not cuz the blinders are too stronk
 04/18/2019 05:47 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I don't think I agree with the single date either, to me, that point would be the point of no return and, as of now, I think we are capable of reversing some of the damage we have wrought.

-------------------------
I was right.
 04/18/2019 06:21 AM

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

"Even setting carbon pollution aside, he said, the spike in fertilizer use led to the largest jump in surface nitrogen levels in 2.5 billion years."

04/18/2019 06:28 AM

tom

Beat me to the nitrogen quote third. Can you say Indian River Lagoon? Haha. And, with respect to fixed nitrogen, have been thinking and talking about global eutrophication for a while now. Is it a coming issue?

add a signature since I'm here in profile anyway
 04/18/2019 06:41 AM

tpapablo

So, more people, more environmental changes, right? Progs want more people in the U.S. - anyone who wants to come here. Seems that progs want to ruin our country's environment. In case any of you don't know, third world newcomers are not the most environmentally conscious folks.

I :heart; Q
 04/18/2019 07:14 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Locally we've got to do something to end the use of commercial turf fertilizers. Green yard=dead lagoon.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 04/18/2019 07:21 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck Locally we've got to do something to end the use of commercial turf fertilizers. Green yard=dead lagoon.
More immigrants, more turf fertilizers and human wastes going into our waters. Progs want more human waste in our oceans. They want to let in everyone.

04/18/2019 07:29 AM

3rdworldlover

Originally posted by: tom

Beat me to the nitrogen quote third. Can you say Indian River Lagoon? Haha. And, with respect to fixed nitrogen, have been thinking and talking about global eutrophication for a while now. Is it a coming issue?

Gangsters and algae are running this world

It's a shame, choking out lakes and estuaries, smothering reefs too. The ecologic impacts are widespread and hard to imagine the full potential.
 04/18/2019 08:00 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: 3rdworldlover
Originally posted by: tom Beat me to the nitrogen quote third. Can you say Indian River Lagoon? Haha. And, with respect to fixed nitrogen, have been thinking and talking about global eutrophication for a while now. Is it a coming issue?
Gangsters and algae are running this world It's a shame, choking out lakes and estuaries, smothering reefs too. The ecologic impacts are widespread and hard to imagine the full potential.
If you are so worried about this, why do you want more polluters coming here? I think you don't give a damn about the environment. You are more than happy to bring more pollution upon us all for more dem votes.

04/18/2019 08:03 AM

RiddleMe

Originally posted by: tpapablo If you are so worried about this, why do you want more polluters coming here? I think you don't give a damn about the environment. You are more than happy to bring more pollution upon us all for more dem votes.
explain your logic behind this. the environment is global, not local to our country. if anything, bringing people from heavily polluting countries into ours would reduce pollution because they would be forced to adapt our ways. you cant set plastic trash fires by the road here
 04/18/2019 08:12 AM

3rdworldlover

Not worth a response
 04/18/2019 08:24 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: 3rdworldlover Not worth a response
Right, hypocrites rarely can offer a response. Progs can never offer a response to a challenge to their dumb beliefs. Check and checkmate.

04/18/2019 08:50 AM

RiddleMe

why no response to me?
 04/18/2019 09:06 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: RiddleMe why no response to me?
Ah, didn't see it. You are one of the few on the left that merit a decent response, as you seem to have a mind and use it. You are somewhat correct, but you still aren't looking at the bigger picture either. If we get more poor people in, they will become more wealthy and, therefore, purchase more products, food, clothes, cars, electricity, etc., than they would if they'd stayed where they were. Many of those things will be produced in India, China, and other polluting countries. So the world's over all pollution will ultimately increase. In other words, more consumption = more pollution. Live in a jungle hut = less pollution. Moreover, the original conversation veered off into local effects.
Locally, more people is more pollution. It is inevitable. I was addressing that and the multitude of claims that Republicans are ruining Florida's environment. I wanted to point out the hypocrisy.

04/18/2019 07:36 PM

Cole

Unrestricted growth, green laws, concreting over aquifer recharge systems, federal permission to pollute more, aging infrastructure, over taxing of the aquifer; all can be managed, but we don't seem to care.

Is it me or has Trumpablo gone straight fish killer?

I was right.
 04/18/2019 07:47 PM

wbsponger

Joined Forum: 08/04/2003

Yeah it's getting harder to tell if Tpap is still in on the joke or just gone off the edge completely.
 04/19/2019 05:34 AM

tom

^True. And just from me: "Locally, more people is more pollution. It is inevitable." Not true. If that were the case, none of the controls put in place to date would have any effect and things would be much worse. While I don't disagree that the planet is over populated and that results in environmental degradation, I do disagree that it's "inevitable". Action is needed to directly address issues caused by human population like excess CO2 in the atmosphere and excess nitrogen in the Lagoon. Ignoring them, inaction, will most certainly lead to Tpap's "inevitable" conclusion.

add a signature since I'm here in profile anyway
 04/19/2019 05:59 AM

RiddleMe

Originally posted by: tpapablo Ah, didn't see it. You are one of the few on the left that merit a decent response, as you seem to have a mind and use it. You are somewhat correct, but you still aren't looking at the bigger picture either. If we get more poor people in, they will become more wealthy and, therefore, purchase more products, food, clothes, cars, electricity, etc., than they would if they'd stayed where they were. Many of those things will be produced in India, China, and other polluting countries. So the world's over all pollution will ultimately increase. In other words, more consumption = more pollution. Live in a jungle hut = less pollution.
ah, but you are missing part of the equation. the more advanced a nation becomes, the lower the birth rate becomes. for example, we are 16% below replacement rate without immigration. honduras, nica, guatemala, el salvador, mexico are all vastly greater than ours. so immigrants not only keep our housing market from being in a perpetual downward spire, it eventually results in much less people on the planet than otherwise
 04/19/2019 06:17 AM

tpapablo

Well, don't have the time to look into that at the moment, though I may get to it eventually. I'd guess, however, that 8 people with a donkey in some shithole will pollute less than 4 people with a car in LA. That's the best I can do on that. But, back to the point. You progs are ruining our environment by letting millions of people into our country illegally. Your grandchildren will hate you and piss on your graves. In fact, if I outlive you, I will piss on your graves.

04/19/2019 06:21 AM

Cole

No, proper environmental regulations can keep all of that in check. As I listed above, there are several specific problems that can be addresses, if we bother to address them.

I was right.
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : the anthropocene

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .